April 16, 2014 | 2017 users online

Lipstick - Yves Saint Laurent - Rouge Volupte #30 Faubourg Peach

rated 5 of 5 on 9/11/2013 12:53:00 PM More reviews by nikitax

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

My HG lipstick!! This is the most perfect peach shade ever. It's so creamy , it feels like butter in my lips. Not drying at all.

It's also very opaque which is great for my very pigmented lips. Just one layer is enough.

The 2 downsides are 1) the price, (38 USD in my country) and 2) it's discontinued!! whyyyy?!!!! :( I found it at my local Sephora store and it was the very last one!

rated 2 of 5 on 2/7/2013 9:59:00 PM More reviews by Kaylzann

I have had this lipstick for a while, it is very pigmented but it just showed up all the lines on my lips and felt really slippery like the color would slide off. I have found that using a lip brush makes it feel less slippery and makes the colour look more even but I don't think I'll ever wear this lipstick again.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/26/2012 5:37:00 PM More reviews by kimannpossible

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I absolutely love the shade of this lipstick! It's a very peachy pink and actually quite bright. I have yellow/olive toned skin and am a bit tan (or so people tell me anyways) and I think the shade looks great on my skin. Also my friend who is paler than me and not yellow toned wore it and it looked great (even better) on her too!

The tube is gorgeous and for someone who tends to have very red lips, the coverage is great! I also have very dry lips so I definitely wear balm underneath this and I do find that after several hours it can get dry but nothing that a touch up or a little balm/gloss can't solve. I do find like others that sometimes it can sink into wrinkles on lips but that is fixed immediately with a quick blot or bit of gloss/balm. Most of the time when my lips are prepped before applying it I have no problem though.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/15/2012 10:07:00 AM More reviews by Lyshbabyx0

I love YSL lipsticks. The quality of the product is just incomparable. It's creamy, super pigmented, light weight, good coverage, and has a distinct fruity scent exclusive to the YSL line. The packaging is what grabs everyone's attention; it's a gold tube with the YSL logo, carefully displayed over a patch of color (the color of your lipstick). It also has a mirror on the top of the cap. Is it worth the $34.00 +tax? No. I'd say it's worth $28.00+ tax, like the Dior lipsticks. Does this stop me from buying? NO. Bottom line I love this lipstick and will continue to buy it.

The Color: It's a bit more pigmented, lighter, and more pastel than the other peaches. It's true peach while tender peach is more pink. I like this for when I'm tan. I wear this with the makeup forever liner in 18 C or use In Anticipation liner from MAC. If I want to play it up, I pop a little bit of YSL Pur Watermelon lip gloss. I pair it with very basic eye makeup or golds

rated 5 of 5 on 7/15/2012 3:01:00 AM More reviews by TaylorTacro

I first bought a YSL Rouge Volupte in 12 Deep Burgundy when I wanted a vampy fall/winter color, but this time I wanted a more nude/everyday/summery color. This color is perfect on me-- it brightens my face while still being what I consider a "nude". This is a great everyday lipstick for me and I feel that it would go with most looks. It is a muted pastel coral. I love the smell, packaging, color and formulation. I have fair skin with yellow undertones, blue eyes, and brown hair. I naturally have extremely pigmented (red) lips, so it is hard to find a lipstick that will look pastel or nude on me. 13 Peach Passion is a beautiful color, but it was really bright on me and looked too similar to Vegas Volt, which I already own. If you naturally have pigmented lips maybe that is something to take note of. I do not find this lipstick looking 'milky' on me. It does seep into my lip lines a tiny bit, but not so much that it is super noticeable or embarrassing. If you just blot a little lipstick back on it will fix the problem. I do exfoliate my lips before putting this on.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/30/2012 7:14:00 PM More reviews by MinnieBeth

Pros:
- Beautiful packaging
- It looks nice if you put it on the lips then rub it in to look like a stain on your lips
and that's about it..

Cons:
- When I put it on my lips looked like an 90 year old woman's!! Yes, I rarely scrub my lips but I never get dry lips and I never have this problem with other lipsticks. It literally gives me lines all over my lips which I don't even think exist :S and it makes my lips look ridiculously dry
- I have NW20-ish skin and blonde hair and I just look so trashy when I put this lipstick on it makes me look like a chav to be frank - and who wants to pay 23 for a lipstick that makes them look like a chav?
- Very expensive

Overall, I was extremely disappointed by this lipstick I had heard great things about it and I was reluctant to pay over 20 for a lipstick but gave in only to find that it is the worst lipstick I have ever used.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/3/2012 8:22:00 PM More reviews by hyim521

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Wow! If you're looking for a light peach/orange lipstick, YSL Faubourg Peach is even better than Nars Barbarella. For comparison, Faubourg Peach is a more cool tone of peach while Barbarella is warm peach.

What I love most about Faubourg Peach is that there is no pink in it at all. While it is pastel and subtle (almost nude), it is pure peach/orange. Not a hint of pink on my lips. It suits my skintone well (very pale neutral skin, no yellow tones - Asian).

For me, the color is actually very different from how it looks in the tube.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/28/2012 5:02:00 PM More reviews by sadorange

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

This is my HG nude lipstick (in terms of color). I'm an NW/C 20 with pigmented lips, and personally it is very hard for me to wear nude lipstick colors without looking dead. This lipstick doesn't wash me out and just gives the perfect level of subdued color. I love how silky this lipstick glides on, but it tends to emphasize lines and flakies. Since Rouge Voluptes are SO pigmented, they can be easy to over-apply and it can look really fake. I'm not sure if this lipstick is drying though, might just be the opaque nature that emphasizes everything or just doesn't help it at all. The packaging is very classy and has a nice weight to it. The snap is very secure, which I like. The scent is very mango-y, not waxy at all. Sometimes I catch myself licking my lips because it tastes soo good, exactly like how the lipstick smells. >.<

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/26/2012 1:43:00 PM More reviews by sparklythings

HIghly recommend. It's a beautiful peachy lipstick. Can be a real statement, or toned down if you use your finger to press it into your lips.
Perfect for the spring and summer! I would imagine this would look amazing with a tan as well.

smooth and so pigmented. My first YSL lipstick, and i love it so much, i ended up picking up #29 as well. Love both of these.
Packaging is amazing. Totally worth the $$$.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/18/2012 12:19:00 AM More reviews by vwbenzo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

The packaging is so luxurious & fancy. Texture melts into a buttery smooth opaque veil on contact with your lips. Faubourg Peach is a gorgeous peach MLBB shade, perfect to pair with a smokey or dark/dramatic eye. The fragrance is like a delicious fruit cocktail. But when my lips are chapped it doesn't look good at all, it separates and doesn't cover the chapped parts.