October 22, 2014 | 1856 users online

Skincare - Face - Neutrogena - Ageless Intensives Deep Wrinkle Moisture Night

rated 4 of 5 on 10/14/2014 9:39:00 PM More reviews by MissRubyJones

Age: Unknown Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Grey

My review is actually for the Rite-Aid Renewal generic of Neutrogena's Ageless Intensives Deep Wrinkle Moisture Night Cream, called Renewal Intensive Night Cream. The ingredients list for both products is identical.

I got a sample of the Rite-Aid Renewal generic for this product with another product, and thought I'd give it a shot. At that time, I was unable to find my beloved Walgreens' 8% Alpha-Hydroxy Cream, so I was ready to try something new. Since I had never used a retinol night cream before, this was a good opportunity to try one, and I was so impressed that I've bought two more full-sized tubes since.

I've had only good results with this product. I have very sensitive skin, but have had no adverse reactions to this product. I started out using it every other night, just to be on the safe side, and was very pleased with the results. My skin felt smoother and softer and my pores seemed less noticeable, and my skin seems brighter. I use it around my eyes, and it did not irritate my eyes or the skin there. What's great about the Rite-Aid version of this product is that you so often find it on sale.

That being said, I took off a lippie because I can't say how well this works on wrinkles. I'm blessed enough to only have a couple around my eyes, very fine ones, and while this does improve those, I don't know that it would work as well on deeper wrinkles. I also can't say how well this would moisturize. I have such oily skin that moisturizer is usually superfluous, except in the driest winter weather. However, from reading the reviews, I can see that others say the same for the Neutrogena Ageless Intensives Deep Wrinkle Moisture Night Cream, so it's apparently not a problem with the Rite-Aid Renewal product.

Now for a disclaimer: as soon as I was able to find my Walgreens' 8% Alpha-Hydroxy Cream again, I began alternating between the Renewal Intensive Night Cream and the Alpha-Hydroxy Cream, using one the first night and the other the next. I had read somewhere -- can't remember where, sorry -- that alternating a retinol with an AHA was a good idea. Can't speak for the wisdom or science behind this advice, but it seems to work for me; I get good results using one or the other products, but my skin definitely looks best when I alternate the two.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/16/2014 10:21:00 PM More reviews by morgannicole

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I think this is really nice for younger people (20s-30s) that are just starting to sprinkle in some anti-aging products into their routine. Although a lot of people experience skin irritation and dryness when using retinol, I haven't found that to be the case with this product. I use it a couple times a week at night, and skip moisturizer since I find this to be moisturizing enough for my skin personally. In the morning I notice my skin is a bit smoother and more even toned. The results are very slight, but I do feel that this is a good way to add some anti-aging to my routine without having to commit to a prescription retinol.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/25/2014 1:32:00 AM More reviews by Brookeybrooke43

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I've been using for a couple of months. honestly, I have missed some nights of using and used a different moisturizer that I have. overall, I can't tell any difference in my skin. I'm 24, so I wasn't too worried about wrinkles YET but no difference nonetheless. it seems like it sinks in nicely though.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/12/2014 5:17:00 PM More reviews by goofyhusky

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Disclaimer: I only use this on my forehead, nose, and specific spots on my body, so I can't speak of its effects on the entire face. Well, I've used up an entire tube of this moisturizer in 1.5 months, and I can't say I like this product - it runs out fast, because I somehow have to use a larger amount of this moisturizer to cover the same area, compared to products from other brands that come in the same size. Maybe it's something to do with its texture consistency. I don't see any improvement in the areas I use it on - I guess the good news is I don't see my skin getting worse either. I like that it feels lightweight, non-greasy and is fragrance-free, and absorbs fast. The packaging is also very good - you can squeeze out the last bit and then cut the tube open to use it up. I probably won't buy it again due to the lack of improvement (you'd expect *something* after using up a whole tube...), but then it's not a bad product, either.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/13/2014 9:38:00 AM More reviews by KatWKSF

This is another one of those products that if I could go with a "maybe" on the repurchase question, I would. My skin, which has been oily and acne-prone since age 10, has gone on strike this winter & has decided to be dry. It's still acne-prone though, which makes managing the dryness all that much more difficult, because I can't just slather it with whatever moisturize. I tried this product because I figured with the anti-aging ingredients, that it probably wouldn't make my skin break out, and in fact, might actually help. The good news is, my skin does look more refined in some areas, and it is smooth, and my acne is little-to-none (which is also strongly affected by my hormones, not just the products I'm using). The bad news is, I've become a flaky mess and the wrinkle-reducing properties have been zilch. I could see myself using & loving this product come summer, when I'm not dealing with dry skin due to sub-zero temps. It would be a great light moisturizer for when my skin is oilier and might help or at least not contribute to breakouts. But right now, I need something that truely moisturizes without any drying AND without clogging my pores, and I haven't found that yet. I also thought the price on this was steep for a drugstore brand.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/26/2013 10:05:00 PM More reviews by citygirl91

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm only 22, but I had smile lines at the sides of my mouth (I seriously smile a lot; my swim instructor told me that I even smile every time I put my head up to breathe), so I decided to try this anti-aging product out. Although I didn't think it was very moisturizing, it did leave my skin very smooth and it took out the smile lines after a week or so. There's a tingling feeling to this, but it only lasts a couple of seconds. Overall, it's a great product that did what I needed it to.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/17/2013 1:09:00 PM More reviews by geb910

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have rosacea, and I've been told NOT to use Retinol; however, I wanted to get rid of some small eye and forehead wrinkles. I have had no problem with my skin using this cream, and honestly if nothing else my pores seem to be less noticeable and my skin looks younger. Nothing will take away all your wrinkles, but for the price this one is great!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/13/2013 1:43:00 AM More reviews by KristyBarrr

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

It's so far so good with this stuff ! With my acne prone sensitive to everything and everything dry skin it has been a journey finding a moisturizer that won't break me out and hydrates my skin. I put this on at night I've been using it for nearly a week and so far I love it. I have tried almost every moisturizer you can think of and if my skin doesn't like it it always tells me soon enough even though i Am on a benzoyl peroxide treatment everything i have tried has made me break out. This stuff sinks right into my skin I put it on at night over my benzoyl peroxide and when I wake up my skin just looks great. It's smooth and hydrated and make up goes on much better. The texture is light but you can see the difference. It is expensive but in my opinion it's worth it I just wish it had a pump "/ I tend to squeeze out too much. Can't really speak on wrinkles yet I just have expression lines on my forehead that bother me but I don't think I've been using it that long to tell if it helps but as far as a moisturizer alone this is my new go too !

rated 4 of 5 on 8/2/2013 7:21:00 PM More reviews by ProductJunci

Love it!!! Bought it on sale at Target for $17.99, and I was a little concerned that it would break me out because my skin is oily, and most night creams break me out, but after using for two weeks I find that it has actually cleared up some small bumps I had in my chin that even Proactive didn't get rid of.It has a no scent and is very smooth not gritty. I use a pearl-sized amount on my face and neck every night, with no tingling or itritation at all.After rubbing it in, my skin looks and feels mattefied. Using it synergistically with Proactive, it works great which is a pleasant surprise from my first Retinal SA product. It does a decent (not amazing)job of plumping up fine lines(which is why I removed a lippie bc Dr. Lewinn by Kineraise does a much better job with diminishing lines) but it immediately smoothed my skin texture out, cleared my acne and hydrated my skin. I wake up looking less oily and much brighter and clearer. Also, I love the alluminum tube packaging which I prefer over pumps.It exfoliates, hydrates, and fine lines are kept in check! What more could a girl want?

rated 5 of 5 on 1/25/2013 9:15:00 PM More reviews by kuchka

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is my HG night cream! I can't believe I have not reveiwed this already. First of all, this cream delivers results right away!!! It leaves my skin smooth, wrinkle free and acne free. Secondly, it is dirt cheap. I love love love this product and will continue to re-purchase as my night cream forever.