October 2, 2014 | 1461 users online

Hair Color - L'Oreal - Healthy Look Creme Gloss Color

rated 1 of 5 on 8/7/2014 8:36:00 AM More reviews by Beutu

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I did a strand test of 6bb healthy look light beige brown...there are not a lot of reviews on this color...my hair is a dyed medium brown that pulls red/ orange...after 20 minutes...it was darker than the color I have now...so I put more on my strand, let it sit for 10 more minutes.. Even darker now! It didn't have any red/ orange tones which is good, but it looked likes very dull dark brown...not what I was going for...thank goodness I did a strand test first!! I will not be dying my hair with this color! Maybe I'll save it for the winter! To dark for summer color..the picture on the box is not accurate..kind of disappointed it looks nice on the box.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/2/2014 9:56:00 PM More reviews by tiffsbarrington

This product is a miracle.
I used the shade "Darkest Brown"

I had an unfortunate hair dying mishap a couple days ago when lightening a streak in my hair with the L'Oreal Hicolor Hilights in "Ash Blonde". I was left with an unpleasant brassy orange colour and needed a quick fix.
I decided to pick this up today because it's a semi-permanent dye (i.e. damage free! which is exactly what I needed since I only lightened my hair two days ago)

I despritely wanted to dye the streak back to my natural hair colour (which is a very dark brown - almost black but not quite)

I dyed it this evening and the colour matches just about perfectly!!

and

IT COMPLETELY COVERED THE ORANGE!

You should note however, that it WILL go on a little darker than displayed on the box. But since it's semi-permanant, it'll start to fade after a couple washes anyway.

I'm not sure how long the colour will last but this review is moreso focussed on its amazing ability to coverup brassy/orange messes.

Will definitely re-purchase if I ever have another colour mishap.

P.S.

It smells AMAZING!
and it made my hair feel impressively soft.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/21/2014 9:01:00 AM More reviews by amynick

Cheap, easy, quick. I used as stated for root touch up. Was color stated and my hair feels good. It did not stain my skin at all, and from the reviews, I was expecting bad results. I was pleasantly surprised. I now will find out how long a ten minute dye job will last on my roots.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/14/2014 11:41:00 PM More reviews by mnich

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have been going to salon for hair colouring for the past 2 years as I wanted colour + sometimes highlights to blend away the greys...well now it is sooo expensive to do this every 8 weeks so I thought I would try box dye again. I cannot use the permanent box dyes, they always really dry my thin, fine hair out. Healthy Creme Gloss caught my eye as the box says washes out in 28 washes. I was a bit skeptical because the box also says it blends away greys...I know I wanted coverage for my temples and crown which is getting white pretty fast.
I gave it a shot and this is the first time I have home dyed in a few years and my most recent salon colour was at the end of Feb.
I was impressed! I chose Dark Brown as I naturally have dark brown hair but it was coloured medium/darkish brown with ombre ends. I cover the grey areas first and then worked the rest in and left the dye on for total10 min(no extra time, though I was worried it wasn't long enough). I can't believe the coverage! No greys at all, in 10 mins!! Wow! No 2 hours at the salon just to get greys covered! No 35min home dyes like a few years ago! My overall colour is quite a bit darker now, but I love it! Very healthy and rich looking. I won't mind using this every six weeks, and the price is right.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/22/2014 10:57:00 AM More reviews by genarod

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

What the hellll--- ugh

I haven't dyed my hair in years because I was working on making it healthy. A few years back I LOVED loreal natural match. But it was sadly discontinued.

I figured this would be a close proximity and bought "warm dark brown" 4G-- which was 4w in natural match.

The color on the box looked light but you can never go by that.

I left in on the full 20 minutes, on my now virgin hair that hasn't even dyed in 4 years. My medium reddish brown virgin hair looks exactly the same. It's not darker, maybe some streaks are, definitely not even color, and EVERY gray is still visible. Absolutely no gray coverage whatsoever.

My hair was fully saturated and I started at roots and worked down. I'm not new to dying hair-- this stuff just doesn't work

rated 4 of 5 on 3/14/2014 12:33:00 AM More reviews by kaicg

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is a review for 9C ‘Light Iced Blonde’. Earlier this week I stripped the colour from my hair, going from black to blonde. I just needed to take out the last yellow/brassiness and match the roots (that were a shade lighter) to the rest of my hair. I wasn’t able to make the drive to the beauty supply to get a toner so I had to make do with the near-by drugstore.

First off, the product’s smell was barely noticeable and actually quite pleasant. It’s a fluid consistency and applied easily (perhaps the people having problems with clogging weren’t mixing it enough?) I have short but very thick hair and one bottle was just enough, so if your hair is medium length or longer then you’ll definitely want to consider purchasing two boxes.

After leaving the product on for 25 minutes the results were excellent. The different colours were blended, and the brassiness was toned down resulting in a beautiful natural blonde. I’m always very worried about using ash because of a bad experience with the Clairol Natural Instincts where my hair went a drastic grey, but I’m super glad I went with the 9C.

Hope this helps! :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/28/2014 2:17:00 PM More reviews by Ruby2003

- I have been using this hair color for several months and fell in love with the color Iced Chocolate, a deep, lush dark brown with loads of depth. The first time I used it the formula was a 10 minute version and colored my grays almost entirely and left my hair shiny and conditioned. The next several times I purchased, the processing time had increased to 20 minutes and the gray coverage had decreased significantly. I also felt that my hair wasn’t being left in the same impressive condition as it was the first time. Whatever L’Oreal did to the formula was a thumbs down…This left me looking for something else to get great coverage and shiny results. Now, I was very happy to find the same shade in the L’Oreal line up of Excellence.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/29/2014 10:26:00 PM More reviews by kings20

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Granted I just colored my hair tonight but it turned out exactly like I wanted it to. My hair was previously professionally done about three months ago, colored a dark chocolate cherry. It's since faded and I wanted to add some depth back to my color. I chose deepest plum and it's made my hair super shiny with a nice undertone of plum/dark red. Here's to hoping that it lasts and doesn't wash out within a few weeks. The dye made my hair super soft and shiny. Love!

rated 2 of 5 on 1/24/2014 4:35:00 AM More reviews by kileyw

I normally colour my hair with L'Oreal Preference #3 Dark Brown. After reading the reviews, I decided to go with #4 Dark Brown in the Healthy Look Gloss. I'm glad I did because it came out just as dark as the #3 Preference does.

I wasn't too concerned about it because I figured it would fade, and it did, but to a horrendous brassy brown/gold. It only looked okay for about two weeks. It's now two months later -more than 28 washes- and the brassiness looks like it's staying around until I recolor it. And the smell... it doesn't have ammonia which sounded like a positive but I found the scent really nauseating. Also, my hair felt really dry the few days after colouring it and I had to do a deep conditioning treatment. My hair actually feels a lot better after using the Preference colour.

Anyway, this does not wash out and it left awful brassy tones. I would not recommend.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/8/2013 7:49:00 PM More reviews by xoxmarina

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

i have naturally black hair, but around a year ago i added a few highlights, since then my hair always looks more faded and dull. i bought this dye to get my hair to look the way it used to (i bought 2b blue black). i had read multiple articles saying that glosses are very conditioning so i gave it a shot instead of going for a permanent black dye. I LOVE THIS STUFF. seriously, it seems to have melted off years of damage. i take really good care of my past waist length hair, as in i deep condition it every week, trim regularly, oil it once a week, and apply heat protectors before i use any kind of heat, yet blow drying it weekly added some damage to the lower lengths of my hair and this seemed to have taken care of it.

now my hair is left with a rich black color, great moisture, 90% less frizz and so much more shine. i think its safe to say im in love.