August 1, 2014 | 1834 users online

Liquid - Suqqu - Liquid Foundation Aqua

rated 5 of 5 on 5/8/2011 7:29:00 PM More reviews by mellowlove

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Gorgeous foundation! It smooths out my skin, looks very natural, but offers medium coverage and has a slightly glowy finish. I have minor acne scars that I just need to dab a little concealer on afterwards I'm NC20 and use 10, which is a light neutral color. The next shade 15 is yellow tone, but runs a little darker. Shade 10 appears slightly pink when you swatch it but blends into my skin well. I have oily/combination skin, and do get shiny by mid-day, but this one is not too bad (have experienced worst). The foundation stays fresh looking through the whole day. The only things I don't like is no pump and price.

SUQQU revamped their packaging in 2010 and Foundation Aqua has been replaced by an ever pricier foundation, Fix Frame. The price was already expensive but now it's really astronomical compared to department store foundations (over twice the price). For now, I"m shopping around for a replacement but it's going to be hard!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/5/2011 9:20:00 PM More reviews by peachy905

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I was so intrigued with this product that I arranged a CP for the foundation. I am MAC NC25, MUFE F&B 32 and Suqqu #15 is a fantastic match. Much more so than F&B which shows up a tiny bit beige. As for the product itself, since I paid $90 for this tiny bottle I was hoping that I wouldn't fall in love almost. I've been wearing this for two weeks straight and I think this is the best foundation I've ever worn. The texture is watery and feels fresh and cool on my skin. I hate that the container is not a pump. On my winter skin (oily t-zone and dry cheeks) this looks so beautiful. I am surprised that it can provide a beautiful satiny finish since it is light coverage. There's something special about the pigmentation that is luminous but pigmented. Given the very high price of this foundation I am on a quest to find a dupe.... but if I don't I'll be repurchasing most definitely.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/12/2010 11:22:00 PM More reviews by iammao

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

This is an incredibly natural medium coverage foundation.

I'm starting a stub here because no one has reviewed this product on MUA despite it being widely reviewed and talked about by beauty bloggers like A Touch of Blusher & Fuzkittie.

I've used it everyday for one week during my stay in Tokyo this winter. It has performed superbly and lived up to claims so far. But I will test drive this in hot and humid Singapore before I put down a final review.

First impressions tell me that this product is what people wished Giorgio Armani's liquid foundations would do for them. All the good and none of the bad.

Suqqu quality is amazing and I will continue buying this.

Update Nov 3, 2010:

I've used it on numerous occasions in humid tropical weather here in Singapore and Malaysia and found that it faired well.

I purchased this in Tokyo during the winter but asked the SA for it's usability during the summer. She said that this was also used in the summer and assured me that it will hold up to the humidity seeing as Japanese summers are incredibly humid.

I've experienced no oxidisation with this foundation despite my skin being very prone to causing oxidisation in foundations. It has also lasted very well.

It has SPF26++ but it does not flash white in flash photography. This means that the sunscreen may be chemical instead of physical.

I've not experienced any breakouts that can be linked to this foundation.

One thing to note is that as of Autumn 2010, Suqqu has revamped their base makeup collection and may include reformulations. So this product is now discontinued. However, it may still be available through e-tailers.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No