December 20, 2014 | 1596 users online

Polishes - Sally Hansen - Complete Salon Manicure - Gilty Pleasure

rated 3 of 5 on 6/3/2013 5:57:00 PM More reviews by elixmia

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

As gold colors go, this is as good as it gets. It has kind of a beige tone to it, which works for me because usually gold nail polishes tend to look brown or orange. You have to do more than one coat because it loses some shine when the first coat dries. This is a good, fun gold color that I would recommend. The price is good and, in my experience, the chipping has been minimal.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/21/2013 2:55:00 PM More reviews by Pink_Lotus

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Black

I adore this color! Although it's a metallic / foil color, it's a subtle gold; more of taupe/beige gold on me rather than a garish orange or yellow gold on my dark skin (NC45). When you first apply the color it's looks brighter but when it's dry it's more subtle. Two coats should give the color in the jar. I got a several compliments at work during a meeting! The polished stayed on without chipping for about 6 days without a touch up - not bad!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/2/2013 11:51:00 PM More reviews by hgpt2

I bought this on clearance at CVS. It looked more like a taupe-y color in the bottle, but I needed 2 coats to get that same color. With a single coat, it looks more golden. Its a very pretty color and has tons of shimmer in it. Its a real pain taking this nail polish off since the glitter didn't want to come off my nails. Since this is an all-in-one manicure I didn't use a base coat with this one. The drying time was pretty good, it was dry in about 20 mins which is a decent time for me. I didn't notice any chipping until day 4, so its got great staying power as well.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/14/2012 12:45:00 AM More reviews by SilentPerfection

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Saw this on clearance at target and made an impulse buy. I dont care for gold on me but this one seem taupey enough to be passable. I do like it and it has worn well (with base and top 4 days in and nearly no tip wear) except being a foil/metallic finish it does show every little ding and being a light color makes that even worse. I like it I plan to wear it but I dont like it enough to re-purchase.

While the rectangular shaft is a pain I do like the shape of the brush. Not so much the width as the curved end which makes for a nice clean cuticle line. The complete salon bit is a huge exageration I have two others in the line and without base and top they litterally washed off when I did the dishes. But to me thats part of good nail care so I dont consider it enough of a drawback to take it out of the running but i did knock it down a lippie.

Bottom line if your looking for a champagne metalic and dont mind using a base/top this is a good bet :).

rated 5 of 5 on 10/8/2012 12:54:00 AM More reviews by KristyF

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Love! I got this on sale for less than $2!! It was a great deal! The color is a gorgeous gold and it only took 2 coats for great coverage. I'm not a fan of the brush but that's probably because my nails are tiny..still a fabulous color.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/29/2012 12:48:00 PM More reviews by silkpuppet

This is the perfect gold. Absolutely beautiful colour. I have struggled to find a gold nail polish that doesn't look bronze, yellow, or copper against my skin. Gilty Pleasure is an extremely shimmery yet mellow gold colour with a bit of taupe to it. I enjoy using this colour as a base for leopard print nails. I love all the Complete Salon Manicure polishes; the huge brush is great for my long nail beds and the packaging is nice and sturdy. This particular formula is a little sheer but two coats yields opacity. I adore this shade.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/14/2012 1:00:00 PM More reviews by siobhanerin

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Gilty Pleasure is my favourite gold polish, and I have a few. The colour is rich and shimmery but not tacky or too in-your-face metallic. It is opaque in one coat and applies evenly and buttery. The Sally Hansen Complete Manicure collection has a fantastic formula, I have about 6 of them. Great polish.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/16/2012 7:35:00 AM More reviews by elenylondon

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

i love this nail polish. colors are good, love the brush, so easy to apply. I just apply a thick coat and it lasts for days. it doesnt chip. i loveeeee it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/14/2012 3:51:00 PM More reviews by CrystalNicole017

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I bought this polish to use as a base color to do leopard nails. It worked perfect for that. I was really only planning on using the color for that but I'm planning on wearing it alone as well it's a gorgeous gold foil color that looks sort of copper/bronzey. It took 2 coats to be completely opaque. The brush is amazing it's big thick and flat. The polish is long wearing too I went 5 days before it barely started to chip which wasn't even noticeable.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/28/2011 4:36:00 AM More reviews by kat7inka

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is a very beautiful gold polish - especially for those who dislike gold polish in general, as I do. I don't normally buy polishes that scream "party-time" and are completely unsuitable for everyday wear, so I haven't had a gold polish since I was a teenager. However, I was gifted with this, and I am positively surprised by it. The color is something in between a gold/bronze and a mushroom and thus rather subtle and wearable. The surface is a soft metallic - not glittery - which only adds to it's versatility. Application was easy, the brush is wide and the polish thin (much like OPI). Sally Hansen claim that you don't need either base- nor topcoat with this polish. They don't say how you're going to prevent stained nails, nor what you're supposed to do, if your nails have deep ridges. I put on a base coat, and maybe that was to blame for the small bubbles that appeared on the dried polish. Apart from that I am very happy with this polish - and this color.