Physicians Formula Mineral Wear Talc-Free Mineral Correcting Powder

3.5

Mica, Boron Nitride, Mineral Oil, Aluminum Distearate, petrolatum, tocopherol, phenoxyethanol. May contain: Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Carmine, Ultramarines.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

This is a HG product for me. It is the only powder I have found that is light enough to set my undereye concealer without creasing. It is pure white when swatched against my hand, and the best part is that this even looks great in photos!

This comes in a compact, with a mirror and a brush. I do not use the brush, because it's very scratchy against my skin. I like to take my ELF flattop powder brush and press this into my undereye concealer, gives a beautiful "brightening" effect.

I honestly don't know why more people didn't love this; I suppose they didn't know how to properly use this, or they were way darker than me.

on 5/13/2015 1:09:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

This powder did not look good on my skin. It did correct the redness slightly, however it brings out lines and blemishes. It also doesn't mix well with the other products i use, it all becomes a messy paste after a few hours.

on 5/12/2015 7:59:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

**REBUY!! This is awesome! Just finished mine & already have 1 on order from Ulta dot com! I use Creamy Natural. This is my fave pressed powder ultimate awesomeness!! This takes my sallow dull complexion & brightens it up but mattifies it too. The little brush it comes with isn't bad but I usually cast that brush off for something like a blush after I've used up all the product. I've bought this a number of times & always had good results. I love PF but it's price point is a little high for me so I wait until Ulta dot com has a BOGO50 sale like they are doing now then u get the $3.50 off a $10 bucks & if u have points u can cash them in on the website (not the Ulta app the points don't show up on there for some odd reason!). This is matte but not flat. Travels well. I use my elf studio brushes ultimate blending or kabuki to usually put this on. I don't want to waste precious product thou so have to be careful not to get this everywhere. If u apply too much it's easy to whisk some off. I find it appalling to spend more than $10 on any one product but PF I make an exception coz they are so good!!

on 1/21/2015 8:40:00 PM

I really wanted to like this as a corrector alone. HOWEVER, I do get a good use out of this when using it as a highlight (think of the Bare Minerals "well rested" even tho that one can't be beat as a good brightener). But a little goes a long way. Since it is very "Chalky" is why I use it to brighten over my concealer and foundation. It really doesn't do much for correcting anything when used alone (besides making me very very pasty white LOL).

I'm super pale, so it's difficult for me to find powders and foundations that match my skin tone. This is a godsend for me. I can understand the bad reviews from darker/olive-skinned gals; this isn't exactly translucent but an ultra pale powder. I love it.

on 12/26/2014 5:45:00 PM

I love this product! I use it as an all over powder, but I really love to use it as a spot concealing powder. Yellow under my eyes and green on any red spots that need a little hiding. I have hit pan on several of this and would definately buy it again!!

on 9/25/2014 10:48:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I don't know why this have so many bad reviews, it's not that bad. I got this in clearance at Lowblaws in the color Buff Beige, but if I bought this at the full 10$-something price, I would not be devastated.

It's a nice finishing powder that never looked cakey or un-natural on me. I actually reached for it often in place of my beloved HD powder, so it's definitively not bad. I didn't really feel like it corrected anything, but it evened out my skin tone and made me matte without being corpse-matte if you know what I mean! It also controlled my oils and hided some little flaws.

Also, I used it sometimes with just concealer and mascara when I was in a hurry (so without foundation and other stuff) and it was ok. I would not got on a TV set with only that because there's not enough coverage, but if you have to run errands it's ok!

All-in-all, it's not a bad product, but it's not a HG either. If I was on vacation and only this powder was available, I would gladly buy it.

on 8/23/2014 1:58:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Neutral

I don't know why this powder has such negative reviews. I really like it it can be used as a primer before foundation and evens out redness. Then you can use it after as well to minimize oil and set everything. I will probably repurchase this. I have not come across many "tone correcting Powders"... Just regular powders. I also like not having to buy primer seperatly.

on 6/13/2014 6:42:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

If u wanna bring out every pore, line & spot I. Ur face, this is the powder for u! Hate this. Aged me 10 yrs!

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

The only thing I liked about this powder was the green-tinted powder swirl, which I loved to use on red spots by itself. I was never able to get a natural look using a brush across the entire pan, though.

Popular Primer/ Correctors