October 26, 2014 | 978 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Physicians Formula - Mineral Wear Talc-Free Mineral Correcting Powder

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/25/2014 10:48:00 PM More reviews by Lady5andy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I don't know why this have so many bad reviews, it's not that bad. I got this in clearance at Lowblaws in the color Buff Beige, but if I bought this at the full 10$-something price, I would not be devastated.

It's a nice finishing powder that never looked cakey or un-natural on me. I actually reached for it often in place of my beloved HD powder, so it's definitively not bad. I didn't really feel like it corrected anything, but it evened out my skin tone and made me matte without being corpse-matte if you know what I mean! It also controlled my oils and hided some little flaws.

Also, I used it sometimes with just concealer and mascara when I was in a hurry (so without foundation and other stuff) and it was ok. I would not got on a TV set with only that because there's not enough coverage, but if you have to run errands it's ok!

All-in-all, it's not a bad product, but it's not a HG either. If I was on vacation and only this powder was available, I would gladly buy it.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/23/2014 1:58:00 PM More reviews by grapes123xo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I don't know why this powder has such negative reviews. I really like it it can be used as a primer before foundation and evens out redness. Then you can use it after as well to minimize oil and set everything. I will probably repurchase this. I have not come across many "tone correcting Powders"... Just regular powders. I also like not having to buy primer seperatly.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/13/2014 6:42:00 PM More reviews by Bellarose3

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

If u wanna bring out every pore, line & spot I. Ur face, this is the powder for u! Hate this. Aged me 10 yrs!

rated 3 of 5 on 5/24/2014 12:44:00 AM More reviews by BlueberryPancakes

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Other

The only thing I liked about this powder was the green-tinted powder swirl, which I loved to use on red spots by itself. I was never able to get a natural look using a brush across the entire pan, though.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/2/2013 11:40:00 AM More reviews by domokun_nyc

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Bought this in translucent and used the entire thing, but won't repurchase. Why? Too loosely packed such that it ends up on my hands, cuffs, collar, etc. That means it gets used up rather quickly. It also tends to settle into lines and get cakey if applied too heavily. The brush is useless and the compact is bulky. I did like the color - translucent as described with no beigey tint, and it did somewhat address redness/skin tone issues. It's very pale, so mostly I ended up using it along my jaw line to blend my foundation into my neck. So, it's not the worst, but there is better translucent powder out there.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/2/2013 9:25:00 PM More reviews by roserie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

I bought this in the color Natural Beige. It's an okay match for my NC30 skin -- I rarely apply this all over my face so I can't really say, but there are days where my face seems a little orange when I come home.

I have a greenish tinge around my eyes that makes my skin look sallow and unhealthy, and this product does give me a more healthy glow. Using my own powder brush, I apply the yellow/red area to correct the green tinge, then the green/yellow area over my redness and acne scars. I feel like patting the brush gently into the product is the only way to keep the powder from flying everywhere.

My biggest complaint is I sweat this product right off on a sunny day. It stays fine on my cheeks, but by the time I'm done walking to the bus stop my T-zone is completely powder free. This is also my first mineral product, so I don't know if all mineral products feel like this, but this powder feels very heavy on my skin. Maybe I'm used to the texture of BB cream, where I don't feel like I'm wearing any product. Even so, the coverage of my hyper pigmentation is very poor, and I'd expect better if it was so heavy a product!

Overall, I'm keeping this product because I like the color correcting effects, but it's certainly not worth the price and I won't be repurchasing.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/3/2013 7:08:00 PM More reviews by MonicaRockvilleMD

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

Tan today, Gone tomorrow...
I purchased Buff Beige and applied one side with a cotton ball, and the other with a brush and I looked like a ghost .. :( Does not work for olive skin.

Package is very thick and a piece of the opening mechanism popped off before I even used it. I gave it 2 lippies because the pan is removable. I also love the ingredients.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/2/2013 3:40:00 AM More reviews by IGotThemBunz

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I totally fell in love with this powder! I have problematic skin & I've been using liquid concealers & foundations for a long time now, but i found that liquid just doesn't look good on my skin! So I made the switch to powder. It was really hard finding a powder concealer because they gave me literally no coverage! :( I have a little redness on T-zone, dark circles & a few red/dark acne Marks on my cheeks from passed acne. My face is a disaster!
I was super skeptical about this powder. I didn't think this powder would even cover anything, but I decided to give it a try anyways & boy am I happy I did! This powder covers ALL OF MY FLAWS WITHOUT LOOKING CAKY/POWDERY OR CHALKY! I've never had such great concealing coverage , not even with liquid concealers! My redness covers instantly, desk circles magically disappear & my acne marks gone as if they never were even there. I love the finish this powder gives me! It's a matte, yet silky finish but not shiny at all. I don't know how to explain it, but it looks very natural. After I apply this powder, I dust a thin layer of my minerals foundation over & there, I'm ready to go! I find that I use WAY less makeup now because of this. I tried using my minerals alone without this powder but it was just not the same. I'm hooked! :D I can't do my makeup now without it. I must say that this powder WILL make your face look white when 1st applied especially if you're tan like me or darker, but my minerals & a little bronzer turns my face back to its original color & there's no white cast left :) this is really an amazing powder! I recommend this powder to everyone. It's a miracle worker, seriously! It's worth a try :D

rated 4 of 5 on 2/14/2013 8:37:00 PM More reviews by seannetta

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I tried out this powder initially because I wanted something mineral-based with few ingredients, in the hopes that it wouldn't upset my sensitive and acne-prone skin. I've been pretty impressed with the results -- the powder is not cakey, it colour-corrects a bit, leaves a natural finish that's a wee bit matte but also with a bit of a glow, and the translucent colours fit nicely with my skin tone (I find most powders too yellow on my skin). Its overall effect is certainly subtle, but it's just enough to give the look of my skin a boost, overtop concealer and sometimes foundation.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/3/2013 6:24:00 PM More reviews by lyrastar

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I dont use this as a primer but over my tinted moisturizer to help correct discolorations.
Im of dark complexioned, very olive tone in winter, and can pretty much only use this during the winter months. So i use the small Elf blush brush, tap into a color, then tap onto my face where I need it. I mostly use the green and yellow: So green goes on my red cheeks, yellow on my darker patches. To use it as an all over powder either under or over makeup would just give me a ghastly look, but I only like to use a very small amount so I can get away with it just fine. It seems like it'd be a really nice all over powder for lighter skin girls.