October 20, 2014 | 2007 users online

Lipstick - Rimmel - Moisture Renew - Vintage Pink

rated 4 of 5 on 9/7/2014 4:32:00 PM More reviews by AnastaciaViolet83

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Rimmel and Revlon have some of the best lipstick in the drugstore. Rimmel moisture renew have an awful, cheap packaging (the new one isn't much better) but I love the lipsticks! Vintage pink is my favorite color and i'm disappointed that it is discontinued. I had not been able to find it for months :( Luckily I stopped at walmart and there were THREE vintage pinks in the old packaging. They didn't scan at the register and the clerk said it was because item was discontinued so she gave them to me for a dollar each! The lipstick has great lasting power and it is smooth and creamy. It is not patchy at all. It is more of a plum/violet/pink shade. I would consider it a mauve or purple shade more so than a pink. I have a neutral skin tone but I tend to look better in cool tones as opposed to warm tones. This is certainly a cool tone pink and the purple tone may not be for everyone.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 8/13/2014 9:46:00 PM More reviews by likearose

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Grey

Vintage pink is not really "pink"... it is definitely muted raspberry/violet without shimmer. It's a wearable take on a plum lip for fall, or those trying daring shades for the first time.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/21/2014 9:21:00 PM More reviews by Artbum

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I typically love Rimmel MoistureRenew lipsticks, and I really wanted to try Vintage Pink after reading the great reviews. My natural lip color leans to purplish pink; however, I after getting this color and trying it on, I find that this would look much better on my tan skin (summertime) versus my pale olive skin in the cold months. I can see women with fair skin looking fine in this l/s shade!! Lucky you :) NOTE to females who love this color but have warmer skintone: I went to my l/s stash and rediscovered my Wet n' Wild 520A Dark Pink Frost l/s and wow!!! -- It is almost the exact dupe for R's Vintage Pink, but WNW's has finely milled gold shimmer that is not frosty on - It is extremely subtle, to add almost a glowy effect to the cool tones of the mauve/lavender/pink shade. For 0.99 cents it is worth a try!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/27/2013 12:28:00 PM More reviews by FusiaFever

I didn't need to test this lipstick out too much to know it's BOMBDIGGITY! I read that this lipstick is a dupe for MAC Plumful and one of the hyped Revlon berry shades. The color is a very wearable pink mixed with purple berry shades. The luster of the formula makes it perfect for daily application despite being opaque. The cool undertones make my teeth look whiter.

As for the formula, I think Rimmel Moisture Renew lipsticks are the best drugstore options. The lasting power is 2-4 hours. EXTREMELY moisturizing! Similar colors to many high end brands and better formulation than some. Packaging stands out from the pack in shiny purple.

Overall, highly recommend this product. I actually have to repurchase as I gifted one to a family member that fell in love with mine.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/12/2013 12:30:00 AM More reviews by beckynicole1

Love this. I reach for this lipstick most on work days. It's a nice and natural purple undertones pink, perfect for a subtle natural look. The formulation also works well for my dry lips.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/22/2013 5:20:00 PM More reviews by heatherbelleday

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

This lipstick is much better than I was expecting. It's a pretty pinky-purple, it definitely has some mauve to it but not enough to make it unwearable for me (I don't think there are any of the grey undertones that can make it hard to wear mauves for me). The texture is lovely and it goes on smooth. For the price it is great. I don't know if it's really five lippies packaging but for the price the packaging is solid and durable and not ugly!

rated 2 of 5 on 6/19/2013 9:30:00 PM More reviews by zeppelin15

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I bought this lipstick on a whim... thank goodness it was cheap, because I can't rock this shade!

My skin tone is fairly warm, and this cool-tone pink is just too much of a contrast. That being said, I've worn some cool-tone pinks/purples before and they looked great! There's just something not right about this product. It has a tendency to wash me out. However, it can be salvaged! When I wear a hot pink gloss over top, it looks completely different. My only problem is that I don't wear glosses a lot, so I don't tend to reach for this lipstick either.

Texture-wise, it's great! I think Rimmel lipsticks are the best quality out of the drugstore lipsticks. They're always creamy, and moisturizing. A lot of bang for your buck. I do have a problem with the packaging though. In my opinion, the purple mirrored look is more gaudy than chic. But hey, it's so reasonably priced that I can't complain too much!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/25/2013 12:33:00 AM More reviews by Mshellan4

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Grey

I tried this looking for a muted purple (couldn't find Revlon Berry Haute) and I read that it's a pretty close color..and I absolutely LOVE LOVE LOVE this color!! It's a great drugstore lipstick!! Great color for me, easy way to try purple lips! I wouldn't say it's Barney purple just a purplish, pinkish very pretty color..goes on creamy, doesn't dry like some..had to re apply every hour or so, but I rub my lips a lot

rated 5 of 5 on 5/21/2013 5:30:00 AM More reviews by lucegodfrey

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

My all time favourite lipstick! I have got through two of these now, and i just love it! It's so wearable and i put it on to go out in the day but also to go out in the evening. Its natural without being too boring, 5/5 - fantastic rimmel!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/20/2013 10:50:00 PM More reviews by rosewithorns

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

This is a great lipstick for an understated lip look and would work with a variety of makeup looks. Right now, it looks great with my tan. It doesn't dry my lips out at all, which is a huge bonus, and it's very cheap! Love. 5/5 across the board.