November 27, 2014 | 1476 users online

Lipstick - Chanel - Delicieuse 80 Rouge Allure

rated 5 of 5 on 5/9/2013 1:33:00 AM More reviews by surrealreality

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Delicieuse 80 was an LE shade released with the 'Les Impressions de Chanel' collection in spring of '09. The retail price of Rouge Allures is currently $34, although I believe it was less at the time this shade was released. Rouge Allures are one of my favorite lipstick formulas because they feel great on, are moisturizing, and are also long wearing.

About Me: Fair with warm yellow undertones (about an NC18 right now, only quite a bit more yellow toned). Very pigmented rosy red lips. Hazel eyes that look blue in daylight. Natural brunette currently dyed aubergine purple with a lot of deep red and copper highlights.

Color: Light to medium muted orange with a hint of coral. Not quite opaque, but almost. I really like this shade on top of my natural lip color, but I LOVE it on top of a sheared out light nude lipstick.

Finish: Soft sheen with coral and gold shimmer. The shimmer is fairly subtle, but noticeable on the lips.

Texture: I was surprised when I read a few reviews that mentioned this particular shade being drying. I have many Rouge Allures, and this seams to be just as moisturizing as my others. Not drying in the least. Glides on effortlessly and feels fabulous on... very few other lipstick formulas feel this comfortable to me (while still being long lasting).

Wear Length: 4 hours (my average for mid to high-end lipsticks in general is 3 1/2).

Packaging: Chic, sleek, and fairly unique as lipstick packing goes. The cap covers the entire tube. You click the bottom (like a pen) to open it.

The color is similar to Guerlain's Brit (Rouge G le Brilliant) which I also own. Brit is a touch less coral (more of a straight up orange), is glossier, less pigmented, and basically has no shimmer.

Bottom Line: Love this lipstick! Same great texture and wear length as other Rouge Allures :)

rated 1 of 5 on 9/26/2012 2:24:00 PM More reviews by LauraCollopy

I was really disappointed with this lipstick. I love the colour and packaging it pretty and classy. However it is very drying and feels uncomfortable on and needs a lot of maintenance during the day. I expected much better for the price. YSL is your best bet!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/12/2011 10:36:00 AM More reviews by Hothead

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I selected no for repurchase because my stash of peach/coral lipsticks is ginormous.

this is a soft peachy shade which looks best when worn with pink blush.. lol. the reason for this is that it is pale and has a slight frost -- not overly so, but just enough. If it is worn with a peach blush the look is monochrome which is fine for clothing but gets boring on the face.

try this colour and you will love it's neutral peachiness on your lips.. with RA quality.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/4/2011 10:05:00 PM More reviews by gresato

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am quite disappointed with this lipstick. I usually buy Clinique, Estee Lauder and Lancome but this time I decided to try Chanel. For the price (AUD$ 50) I thought I was going to get something quite good, but the quality of the lipstick is pretty average. You can buy a Clinique lipstick for AUD$ 32 and have actually better quality in regards of texture and moisture. Unless I really like a specific colour, I won't buy a Chanel lipstick again.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/1/2010 7:26:00 PM More reviews by technopixie

Gorgeous color. On my rosy lips the color veers into coral territory; those with pale or beige-toned lips will find this to be more peach nude. I usually steer clear of shimmer, but in this case it lends a soft focus, velvety finish. Overall Delicieuse is very wearably retro, and looks great with clean skin, big lashes, and razor-thin deep brown liquid liner. However, I was disappointed with the formula. It feels seductively great at first, but it inevitably dries out my lips and irritates them. I feel like I have to touch up every couple of hours to keep my lips from cracking. For the price I expect more, and sensitive-skin ladies should steer clear.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/15/2010 5:38:00 AM More reviews by george3b

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Black

I bought this because I could not find any counter that sells my favourite #24 Evocation shade. I love the packaging of the RA l/s and they all feel light and comfortable on the lips. This is a nice peachy nude shade. It looks natural although I would prefer to be a little less frosted (some RA l/s are more frosted than others). I wouldnt say it is full coverage but you can build it up and it decently covers my pigmented lips (very dark around the edges). This l/s is lovely but I wouldnt buy it again if they had my Evocation shade.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/10/2010 8:16:00 PM More reviews by luluhalabaloo

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is part of the new spring 2010 line. I didn't like the other colours, but this one popped. If is a pretty peach and it is not a gloss but a lipstick (unlike Jamaica). If you have pigmented lips as I have (very pink) then use a base - the Chanel Beige pencil is nice albeit drying or Kiss Kiss Lip Lift which is perfect. Lasts a long time, is very very pretty and with a peach toned rouge or bronzer (something like Fandango perhaps) then you would be set. This is really pretty with the face powder and blush they are showing in this collection, along with the Khaki Dore and Torrent liquid eyeshadow and liner. Very very nice and will probably be my peach HG.