December 19, 2014 | 1673 users online

Lipstick - Revlon - Colorburst Lip Butter - Rosy Nude

rated 5 of 5 on 10/1/2014 6:13:00 PM More reviews by Naima1587

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

The name of the color best describes the color, well at least on me. I wanted a neutral color that is universal with many eye looks and didn't wash me out. This color gives me that "just bitten," I just ate a cherry Popsicle appearance which is everything to me. It's a combination of a neon rose, pink and brown and a color like no other in my makeup collection. As some have mentioned, it's definitely a MLBB for tan and darker skintones (I'm an NC 42 for reference) I bought this on Amazon since it's sadly discontinued. I've noticed this neutral shade is coming back to style as Kylie Jenner has made a sensation with her signature pout, so it would be great if Revlon brought it back.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/20/2014 7:12:00 PM More reviews by ptulip

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is perhaps the best nude/natural lipstick for those with a darker complexion. Absolutely beautiful on the lips and very lasting and hydrating. Will definitely repurchase when I run out :)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/8/2014 7:07:00 PM More reviews by iloveblush

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this online after reading great reviews from ladies on MUA with similar coloring. Unlike many others, I don't find this to be a MLBB color at all or a nude of any kind. On me its a medium pink lipstick. I'm NC35 with yellow undertone with lips that have very little pigment. The texture of the lipstick is nice and so is the packaging but the color is eh. I feel too made up to wear for everyday.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/8/2014 5:58:00 PM More reviews by sylveirettes

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this color because I fell in love with the formula and the finish when I first bought other color from this line, Soft Rose (which is said to be a dupe to Chanel Rouge Coco Mademoiselle). It's lightweight and creamy but not sticky, gives a very pretty wash of color, seems to fill in lines on the lips which makes them look smoother and plumper without being too glossy. Pigmentation is good, you can wear them sheer with one swipe or layered to get a deeper color. Out of all drugstore lipsticks that I own, I love this line the most as the quality is up there with higher end brands. I even love the finish and texture more than the much raved YSL Rouge Volupte l/s.

Color wise, it could be MLBB to some people but I find it a little too dark to be an MLBB color for me. However this makes me look polished and feel sophisticated, lol. I hardly detect any pink/rose once it's put on, it's more on the brown side for my NC25-30 Asian skin (also please note that my lips are quite pigmented). This leaves no stain and is scentless. The bullet shape makes it slightly hard to get precise application (also reminds me of Chanel Rouge Coco l/s).

The thing I'm not too fond of this lipstick is that it fades too fast and doesn't last long at all (around two hours before it starts to fade) but since the formula is to die for I don't mind it too much (in fact, I can ignore all the cons since I love the formula and finish so much). I also heard that this particular line has been discontinued in many countries but luckily in my own I can still find it at every Revlon counter.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/9/2014 2:54:00 AM More reviews by shaylapurple16

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this spontaneously two weeks ago in Hong Kong at a local Watsons store, because they had just gotten all the new colors and had them on display. I've never owned a nude lipstick before, so I decided to give this one a try: and I love it.

I have darker skin, so most soft colors don't really make an impact/difference when I wear them, but this one gives the subtle amount of color that anyone would want in a nude lipstick. It's more on the pink side, and the texture is creamy and smooth. I love the design on the packaging of the tube too :) I would definitely recommend this product! Today I went back and got another color in this line, the 080 Coral.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/4/2013 10:57:00 AM More reviews by xtinahb

Great work lip color with lasting power. This shade is a touch browner than Revlon's Pink Truffle, so a warm pink with brown undertones. It is a soft matte finish, not drying but not hydrating. Definitely stays put though through my morning coffee and no need to touch up til after lunch and definitely no lipliner needed at all. It is indeed a rosy nude on my NC30/C4 light tan asian pigmented lips and I like it with peachy, bronzy, and warm brown-tone blushes (MAC Warm Soul, MAC Harmony, Nars Luster, etc.) Would try other shades from this collection for the lipstick texture and lasting power!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/26/2013 5:15:00 AM More reviews by mings1911

Revlon lipsticks are worth every cent despite the rather high price for a drugstore lipstick. I first fell in love with the ColourStay lipstick in Blush, which is a perfect MLBB for me. I decided to try Rosy Nude when I was looking for a deeper colour.

Product: The lipstick goes on creamy and is quite pigmented. It manages to stay on your lips for awhile, even through drinking water and eating. Of course I don't mean that it looks the same as when you first applied it, I mean that there will still be colour on your lips even if the colour has faded a little.

Colour: Personally, I prefer Blush because I think its more MLBB for me than Rosy Nude. But that said, lipstick colour is very personal.If you're looking for something more pinkish/nude, go for Blush. If you're looking for something of a deeper colour, go for Rosy Nude.

Overall: I would definitely repurchase Revlon lipsticks again (and forever!), but I would probably not purchase this shade again.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/25/2013 8:27:00 PM More reviews by chrissadonner

Gives such a pretty wash of color, very creamy in consistency and leaves a satin finish. The lasting power, however is not that great, but it's not like I expected 8 hour staying power from a drugstore lipstick (or any lipstick that isn't matte for that matter) Great lipstick overall, I do own Soft Nude from the same line and I mix two colors together for the perfect MLBB color for my NC42 skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/7/2012 10:55:00 AM More reviews by mikaavila94

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

The packaging on this product is LOVELY. It's reminiscent of brands like Tom Ford. I heard many good things and though I wanted to try a bright color I was scared that it might read as too glossy on my lips (and a glossy red is not so flattering on my big lips) so I went for this color. I was so surprised that it wasn't overly glossy at all but a semi-matte satin-y finish that's so amazing. I don't have any other lipstick like it. It stayed on pretty long and left a nice subtle stain. The color is lovely. On my skin tone, it's muted but adds that pretty oomph to my smile. Also, contrary to what other reviews have said, I actually like the shape of the lipstick. Its wideness helps cover my whole lip in a shorter amount of time. But then again that may be because I have larger lips. 5 stars!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/29/2012 10:07:00 AM More reviews by NerdyLibrarianGirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I am a fan of Revlon Super lustrous lipsticks, and I am really liking the Colorburst. The packaging is fantastic and looks and feels very high-end. I love the all black, matte finish and that the top of each tube matches the shade inside. I think its, by far, the nicest packaging you can find in a drug store product and a close second to MAC. Like the Super Lustrous, these have no scent or taste, which I love. They go on very smooth and creamy and are long-lasting. "Rosy Nude" is well-named: it's a very wearable pinky-brown. Very pigmented with a slightly glossy finish. Really nice for fair skin.