August 1, 2014 | 1831 users online

Gels/Soaps - Chagrin Valley - Calendula Castile soap

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/6/2012 9:22:00 AM More reviews by Begina

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

One of my favorite CV bars! It does have an herbal scent which I love. The bar itself if very moisturising. It does not leave the skin tight feeling at all. These soap bars really have been life changing for me : ) I also love the recyclable paper packaging rather than nasty plastic.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/11/2011 1:33:00 PM More reviews by sopranowriter

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is a very YELLOW soap, with a sharp scent-not unpleasant, but not really my favorite-almost medicinal. It has a very fatty and soft texture, and gives you mounds of lather-it is great to shave with, and leaves the skin very soft! However, probably because of its mushy texture, it also falls to pieces very easily in the shower, and I had to sort of gather them all up and mush then together to use. This was probably one of my least favorite Chagrin Valley soaps so far, but I'm still going to give it a hesitant "yes" on whether or not I would buy it again-I would, but they make other soaps that I would choose first. Price around the same as their other soaps-around 2.60 for a sampl, around 7.00 and change for a full sized bar-I'm not sure I would buy this in full size because it just didn't seem to last as long as other soaps of theirs I have tried. Still good, but not my first pick.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/5/2010 9:36:00 AM More reviews by mt828

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I found Chagrin Valley Soaps on You Tube and was intrigued by the good reviews. I had been using Cetaphil and Oil of Olay Facial Wash for Sensitive Skin with good results, but was looking to use something more natural and not have bottles to recycle. My skin is normal to dry, but sensitive to any perfumes or dyes in facial products. I placed my order with Chagrin Valley on a Monday afternoon and the soaps arrived on Thursday! I was pleased with the quick shipping and simple packaging. I ordered several sample soaps for myself and the family. I tried the Castile & Calendula in both morning and evening and liked the creamy lather and the result of clean, smooth and soft skin. If you order you will notice the earthy scents to the soaps and the smooth even surface to the soaps. There is no fancy shape or flowery scents here, just wholesome goodness. I think the soaps my save me money too because they appear to be long lasting and I may even get to skip the moisturizer so that will last longer too! I would recommend you checking out the website and trying some samples.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/30/2010 11:43:00 AM More reviews by Lucifiel

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Really awesome soap that's almost perfect for my super sensitive skin! There's little to no lather but it washes the dirt off reasonably well. It does leave my skin squeaky clean but the moisture level sort of recovers after a while. Still, it can be a bit drying if my skin's misbehaving.

The bad thing is that it melts kind of fast(which I remedy by putting it in the fridge) and lasts for less than 1 to 2 months! The scent is pretty awesome and I've got all the unused bars sitting in my closet.

Update: Changed some of the ratings because!!! After using this in the long run, I found out it was actually drying my skin out. :( So, I'll only use this once in a while as I've quite a few other products to finish.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/10/2010 4:03:00 PM More reviews by MichikoFliz

The bubbles formed from this soap is so creamy and luxurious! I love this soap because of it's simpleness as well as the beautiful calendula colour speckling the soap. Very mild and moisturising (not as much as honey butter!), I use it on the ends of my hair and I don't get the horrid coating like I got from chocolate almond soap. Definitely a staple, good all rounder.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/10/2010 4:36:00 PM More reviews by sniffer

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

First, let me say that CV's soap bars are about twice the size of other soapmakers', so for about $6 they are a very good price. Calendula Castile, no added fragrance, is great for sensitive dry skin. It contains ground-up calendula petals that add visual appeal and are not abrasive at all. I would also use this on children's skin, eczema skin etc. I would even try it on my Yorkie as a shampoo, he found the doggie shampoo bars too strong-smelling. When I use this in the shower as a body cleanser my skin feels soothed and lightly moisturized. Highly recommended.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No