August 22, 2014 | 1757 users online

Bath Treatments - Chagrin Valley - Shower Body Butter Bar

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/14/2011 7:50:00 PM More reviews by Chamuda

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I haven't quite figured out how to use this bar, but I plan to try. I didn't like the Serenity Grove scent. It's supposed to be citrusy, but it really just smells like cocoa butter to me.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/24/2010 5:07:00 PM More reviews by pawnshop_rose

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this to help my dry, itchy winter skin. I loved the fact that it all these butters that are said to help dry skin. When I went to use it in the shower I was very disapointed. I went to apply it to my skin and it never seemed to melt into my skin. My skin felt coated and smoothered with a strange residue. When my skin dried it felt irritated and was much drier than usual. Will not repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/3/2010 7:29:00 PM More reviews by luckydumplingg

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I am a huge fan of Chagrin Valley, but I thought this was just ok. It does moisturize my skin, but I still had scales on my legs after using it. Plus, it melts extremely quickly. I could go through one of these suckers in a week. $13 a week can add up pretty quickly. I just feel like there are more effective and cheaper alternatives out there.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/28/2010 2:36:00 PM More reviews by katwalker

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Love me some body butter! Okay, yes, it's just a solid version of body butters, but it makes my skin feel so awesome! I find it less messy and sticky than using a body oil on wet skin. It's also airplane-friendly, unlike all liquid body creams and such. Thus far, I've only used the Mando Multi bar in Serenity Grove scent, but I plan to order more. My skin is sensitive and gets dry and flaky when angry, and I am finding this bar a nice way to appease my skin. Just a few seconds to rub the bar all over my body, and I have no need for moisturizer. All body oils and moisturizers and such that I've tried are more time consuming. In contrast to the first reviewer, I do not find this product sticky at all. My only complain is that it is rather expensive considering how quickly I will go through it. Highly recommend (tip: a cheap way to test this product is to order the unscented bath melts sample - this is the same product, just in bar form, that Ida made when people requested it).

rated 4 of 5 on 1/13/2010 2:41:00 PM More reviews by NewRibena

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have extremely dry skin and this has been my HG for winter survival. I have tried the mango scent and the cocoa butter scent so far. Both are good. I rub them on while still in the shower and then lightly rinse off. I then pat my skin dry and am left with the most moisturized skin ever. No need for lotion after I use these bar. The downside is that they are pretty pricey and I could go through a bar in under two 2 weeks.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/10/2010 4:32:00 PM More reviews by sniffer

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

This is basically a solid form of butters, applied to warm skin in the shower after cleansing. Anywhere you put it is going to feel moisturized, so if you can't stand leaving the shower with dry skin this would be good, but I didn't like that my skin felt sticky where I used it. At $13 per bar, it's also an expensive way to moisturize, I would rather buy the butters and use after drying off my skin, they sink in better that way. I think this would be good for dry skin, especially if you have eczema and aren't allergic to any of the ingredients. Available scented & unscented. i tried the unscented version.

After trying a few products, my favorite Chagrin Valley soap is the still the Calendula Castile soap.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No