October 23, 2014 | 1989 users online

Shampoo - Ion - Vitalizing Thickening Shampoo

rated 5 of 5 on 9/14/2014 11:30:00 PM More reviews by daz4

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have fine, baby fine hair, that is easily weighed down by shampoo and other hair products. I have a hard time finding products that do not over dry and leave my hair in a horribly tangled mess. Most 'new' to me products will work great for a use or two and then my hair will feel coated and heavy again. For the record, my hair hates any non-water soluble silicones. I wanted to try to be sulfate free, but tried MANY products that had and did not have sulfates and sulfates seem to just clean better.

This shampoo is the exception!! I have been able to use this days in a row without conditioner and hair comes out with minimal to zero knots, stays clean all day and allows me to skip days for washing. I can't say enough good things about this product and to top it all off, it is easy to find at any Sally's and is inexpensive compared to most. And it is CRUELTY FREE!! A++

rated 4 of 5 on 1/22/2013 11:15:00 AM More reviews by patty48

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is a fabulous shampoo. I have baby fine hair. I have used other thickening shampoos and they were just OK, so I wasn't expecting much. Well this one hit a home run. Not saying that that I have unbelievable thick hair, but I do notice quite a difference in texture. Even blow drying my hair was different. Love the smell too. I would recommend

rated 5 of 5 on 8/21/2010 9:10:00 PM More reviews by Kjean05

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I waited about 3 to 4 weeks so I could give this product a truthful review. This review will also include the conditioner because I don't want to make 2 seperate reviews.

Shampoo: The shampoo somehow manages to fully clean your hair and leave it soft and silky which you can feel while you are washing it. It lathers very nicely and you can feel thickness in your hair as your washing the shampoo out. The smell is also invigorating which probably helps liven hair up.

Conditioner: The conditioner comes in a slightly smaller bottle, which I seen a review on the Sally Beauty Supply site as a complaint. This don't matter because it's not much of a smaller bottle and you only need a small amount (less than the amount of shampoo you use) to fully cover your hair and you can feel how silky it is in your hair. I also like that the conditioner says it's 100% Vegan which means more natural product. This conditioner is very light weight.

Overall Result: I have dried my hair with just using the Shampoo and Conditioner and you can notice it has more body and looks more lively. I also noticed it's more manageable, better to style and shinier.

Price: A little bit pricier than the drugstore brands $8 each At Sally Beauty Supply. But well worth it.

I would definitely recommend this product if you are looking for a bit of extra boost with more benefits.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/2/2010 11:18:00 PM More reviews by deathcabforslizard

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have really fine,straight hair that typically gets oily rather quickly but when I use this shampoo, it's not necessary to wash my hair everyday and there is a noticable increase in the thickness and volume of my hair. Another bonus I've noticed is that my hair is smoother, shinier and more managable with this shampoo. (On a side note, my mother-who is 47 and has thinner hair than I- has experienced similar results).

The only negative comments I have about this product is the packaging. (It's rather generic and bland, however considering the quality of the product it seems irrelevant). Also, I don't believe this brand can be bought at the local drug store, and thus it may be unavailable in certain locations. (I purchased this at Sally's).

Overall, this is a great product and I would definitely reccommend it to anyone with fine hair, especially if it's oily.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/10/2010 4:33:00 PM More reviews by sircoisoc

I have very fine and straight hair, and for ages I've been looking for the perfect volume shampoo, I decided I would try this, and WOW.... This really gives me a boost I can notice. I used to have really short hair and I used The Body Shop's Guarana Volume shampoo, but when it started to grow, this shampoo just wouldn't cut it. And then I found Ion's Thickening shampoo and IM IN LOVE!

I have straight bangs now, and I have them really long (flat on my face and under my eyes long) and I shampoo with this product, when they dry I sware they look like if they were a lot shorter, they don't fall flat on my face and I don't even have to style them... awesome!

Love this shampoo!