November 27, 2014 | 1510 users online

Lipstick - Rimmel - Moisture Renew Lipstick

rated 3 of 5 on 11/20/2014 1:30:00 PM More reviews by LiliumLilith

I bought two shades - 330 Sloane's plum and 360 As you want Victoria. They were cheap and nicely packaged, as i'm big fan of color violet. Lipsticks are quite creamy and well - Moisturizing indeed. It sometimes feels little bit too much for me, but after applying it well it doesn't feel bad at all. In this collection you have many nice shades to choose from, but at least in my local store there wasn't too shocking colors, which is little minus for me as I love shocking people with lipsticks and other things as well.

I was looking for darker, little bit violet lipstick, but Sloane's plum was closest I could go to. It isn't perfect and exactly what I was looking for - not even close to that, but it was cheap and somewhat nice so I bought that. I know which clothes it may fit quite well. As for As you want Victoria, I wasn't even planning to buy a color like that - but it just happened to caught my eyes and I knew I couldn't pass this. I thought the color was little bit more deep and rich that it was - same thought my mom and friends - I thought it's little darker pink but it is quite pink indeed. But I've learnt that if you apply it just a small amount, it looks quite nice and sexy.

Smell isn't exactly bad, but it's quite intense and someone may get small headache from that. But once applied on lips you don't smell it almost at all. Pigmentation is Sloane's plum is not as good as I hoped for, but in As you want Victoria it's very good. This lipstick stains a little and it doesn't stay all day perfectly, but still stays many hours.

After all, I like this lipstick - colors in package were little distracting and it doesn't look the same on lips, but well, life is full of surprises. I don't regret that I bought it but I wouldn't probably buy them again, at least if they just got lost - I'm penny-pinching person and I jut didn't like how wet it feels and how the color lies. It's okay, but just not good enough. But I'll definitely use this lipstick now and in the future.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/7/2014 7:25:00 PM More reviews by lovelovelilacs

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have this in the colour Coral Garden, which is a nice nude/pink. It glides on smooth and is moisturizing. The staying power is decent and is overall a good lipstick.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/13/2014 4:01:00 PM More reviews by hondurena89

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Yes yes yes love these are better then my Mac....non drying silky hydrating formula made to last. Non sticky, creamy light weight, 25 beautiful colors to choose from( Dusty rose my favorite). The availability is awesome. The price is nice. Lips feel better after applying. You can buy at ultra or target drugstores Wal-Mart. So cute packaging. I never had a problem with the packaging it self it locks to close. Love this product. Rimmel please never discontinue such an amazing product. Thanks.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 10/7/2014 5:12:00 AM More reviews by Itrain

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

Great lipstick, smells amazing and is very creamy and didn't leave my lips dry, colour lasts a decent about of time considering the price. Would recommend :)

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/3/2014 8:34:00 PM More reviews by lulu56

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Silver, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I had the new version of this in Coral Garden. This color is the exact shade as Maybelline's Color Sensational lippie in Summer Sunset. It is very slippery and not as creamy and it wore off my lips in under an hour. Plus, it tastes terrible. Unlike the Kate Moss mattes which are fruity tasting, this tasted like bitter soap. This is awful. It's going back.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/26/2014 1:03:00 AM More reviews by MissLerina

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

SELECTED SHADES: let's get naked (peach-toned pink), nude delight (orange-toned nude), pink chic (light blue-toned pink), pink star (yellow-toned pink), vintage pink (mauve)

PROS

- creamy
- moisturizing
- pigmented

CONS

- longevity
- streaky

COMMENTS: These are okay. They're very creamy and not drying at all, but because of that I don't find that these wear well. I also find that they can be a little streaky at times. The shade range has certainly improved, but I can pass on these.

Will not repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/23/2014 4:13:00 PM More reviews by LucyBlack

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I bought shade 360 - As you want Victoria, which is a very bright pink colour. This product easily smudges which is not a good look if your wearing bright colours. However I think this lipstick would be fine if you went for a more neutral shade.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/20/2014 5:54:00 PM More reviews by DLYNN

I'm a fan of Rimmel's Lasting Finish lipsticks but the past few years it has been a lot easier to find their Moisture Renew Lipsticks in stores. Over a year ago I bought "Latino" (should be "Latina"!), a very peachy pink shade that looked gorgeous in the tube but frosty white on my lips so I returned it. I finally found a shade recently that is warm-on-warm a nude-tone coral with a mild gold shimmer, "Coral Spark" #120. I purchased the lipstick at full price, almost $7, which IMO is over-priced compared to what used to be offered from this brand just three or four years ago.

I love the color purple but I just don't see myself pulling this gaudy purple block out of my handbag to reapply (in public, that is). Still, I loved the color so I purchased it anyhow. The lipstick does indeed feel moisturizing but it's also somewhat sheer and doesn't wear all that long. In terms of feel, it is very much like Avon's recently reformulated (square tube) Ultra Color lipsticks.

Coral Spark is a very pretty shade but it doesn't go on opaque enough. Layering on more lipstick is always an option for better pigment, but that typically means more transfer to teeth, drinking glasses, etc. All in all, I think it would be necessary to purchase a creme or matte shade to obtain any kind of staying power because the shimmer/satin shades just don't have it.

Rimmel was one of only two drugstore brands, including Revlon and L'Oreal, to manufacturer lipsticks the old school way the type that actually go on and stay on relatively long. They're current offerings, by contrast, are mostly comprised of lipstick-as-lip-balm crossovers. I wish Rimmel would reinvest in their Lasting Finish line. The original formula was every bit as good as Revlon or L'Oreal but at a lower cost. These Moisture Renew lipsticks, ironically, cost about the same as Revlon and L'Oreal lipsticks with half the staying power. Nice colors or not, this Moisture Renew line of lipsticks is not a step forward for Rimmel with regard to packaging or formulation, IMHO. I will not repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/19/2014 11:38:00 PM More reviews by paperdoll66

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have 370 Rose Shimmer. I've just recently started buying more Rimmel lipsticks after being somewhat disappointed by my last few Revlon purchases. This color was on sale, so I thought it would be a nice way of testing out this line. I don't like it as much as my other Rimmel lipsticks. It isn't very lasting. I haven't had too many problems with it smearing, but it does make me a little paranoid. It does moisturize really well, and it has a good amount of shimmer. It's just noticable enough. I'm not going to buy another, but I will probably finish this tube.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/4/2014 9:18:00 PM More reviews by emilykathleen

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Let's Get Naked and Latino are my HG lipsticks! They go on nicely, feel great, and wear well throughout the day. (No weird looking lips with lipstick around the outside but worn in the middle) Lipsticks usually make my lips peel or feel gross but these feel just awesome! Latino is pretty frosty which may be deal breaker for some, but it's super wearable, trust me. Let's Get Naked is definitely my favorite- it's like my natural lips, but more pink and just better looking. I use these pretty much every day, and I can't wait to try more shades, especially the brighter pinks and reds.