September 1, 2014 | 2137 users online

Lipstick - Rimmel - Moisture Renew Lipstick

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/26/2014 1:03:00 AM More reviews by MissLerina

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

SELECTED SHADES: let's get naked (peach-toned pink), nude delight (orange-toned nude), pink chic (light blue-toned pink), pink star (yellow-toned pink), vintage pink (mauve)

PROS

- creamy
- moisturizing
- pigmented

CONS

- longevity
- streaky

COMMENTS: These are okay. They're very creamy and not drying at all, but because of that I don't find that these wear well. I also find that they can be a little streaky at times. The shade range has certainly improved, but I can pass on these.

Will not repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/23/2014 4:13:00 PM More reviews by LucyBlack

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I bought shade 360 - As you want Victoria, which is a very bright pink colour. This product easily smudges which is not a good look if your wearing bright colours. However I think this lipstick would be fine if you went for a more neutral shade.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/20/2014 5:54:00 PM More reviews by DLYNN

I'm a fan of Rimmel's Lasting Finish lipsticks but the past few years it has been a lot easier to find their Moisture Renew Lipsticks in stores. Over a year ago I bought "Latino" (should be "Latina"!), a very peachy pink shade that looked gorgeous in the tube but frosty white on my lips so I returned it. I finally found a shade recently that is warm-on-warm a nude-tone coral with a mild gold shimmer, "Coral Spark" #120. I purchased the lipstick at full price, almost $7, which IMO is over-priced compared to what used to be offered from this brand just three or four years ago.

I love the color purple but I just don't see myself pulling this gaudy purple block out of my handbag to reapply (in public, that is). Still, I loved the color so I purchased it anyhow. The lipstick does indeed feel moisturizing but it's also somewhat sheer and doesn't wear all that long. In terms of feel, it is very much like Avon's recently reformulated (square tube) Ultra Color lipsticks.

Coral Spark is a very pretty shade but it doesn't go on opaque enough. Layering on more lipstick is always an option for better pigment, but that typically means more transfer to teeth, drinking glasses, etc. All in all, I think it would be necessary to purchase a creme or matte shade to obtain any kind of staying power because the shimmer/satin shades just don't have it.

Rimmel was one of only two drugstore brands, including Revlon and L'Oreal, to manufacturer lipsticks the old school way the type that actually go on and stay on relatively long. They're current offerings, by contrast, are mostly comprised of lipstick-as-lip-balm crossovers. I wish Rimmel would reinvest in their Lasting Finish line. The original formula was every bit as good as Revlon or L'Oreal but at a lower cost. These Moisture Renew lipsticks, ironically, cost about the same as Revlon and L'Oreal lipsticks with half the staying power. Nice colors or not, this Moisture Renew line of lipsticks is not a step forward for Rimmel with regard to packaging or formulation, IMHO. I will not repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/19/2014 11:38:00 PM More reviews by paperdoll66

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have 370 Rose Shimmer. I've just recently started buying more Rimmel lipsticks after being somewhat disappointed by my last few Revlon purchases. This color was on sale, so I thought it would be a nice way of testing out this line. I don't like it as much as my other Rimmel lipsticks. It isn't very lasting. I haven't had too many problems with it smearing, but it does make me a little paranoid. It does moisturize really well, and it has a good amount of shimmer. It's just noticable enough. I'm not going to buy another, but I will probably finish this tube.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/4/2014 9:18:00 PM More reviews by emilykathleen

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Let's Get Naked and Latino are my HG lipsticks! They go on nicely, feel great, and wear well throughout the day. (No weird looking lips with lipstick around the outside but worn in the middle) Lipsticks usually make my lips peel or feel gross but these feel just awesome! Latino is pretty frosty which may be deal breaker for some, but it's super wearable, trust me. Let's Get Naked is definitely my favorite- it's like my natural lips, but more pink and just better looking. I use these pretty much every day, and I can't wait to try more shades, especially the brighter pinks and reds.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/21/2014 10:42:00 PM More reviews by cRod

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was surprised about how much I ended up enjoying this line. Colours are intense. Smooth creamy finish. Smell great. Price is amazing. Will definitely repurchase!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/17/2014 8:10:00 AM More reviews by madeupmary

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

I am in love with these lipsticks. I had almost given up on lipstick during the winter months as my lips were so dry, all lipsticks looked terrible on them, even moisturizing ones. I had tried all sorts of lip balm and exfoliators but my lips were in a terrible state. After not buying any new lipsticks for 2 months (an awful long time for me), I cracked and bought this in Latino.

I was so shocked when I first applied this, that not only was the pigmentation excellent but it also seemed to nourish my lips in a way that none of the lip balms I had been using did. It also made my lips look plumper and more juicy. The only downside is you definitely have to use a lip liner to stop it bleeding, but hey ho. I was so impressed with how long this colour lasted as in my experience moisturizing lipsticks tend to only last a couple of hours at most before disappearing, but even eight hours later there was still some of this colour left on my lips.

I loved these so much I bought 3 more and plan to add more to my collection!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/1/2014 3:03:00 PM More reviews by etternax

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have this lipstick in two shades (see below). The formula is rich and smooth on the lips, but it applies semi-matte although this is surprisingly very moisturising, but the kind that does not leave the skin on your lips to become very soaked with moisture that it starts to exfoliate. This just does not dry out your lips although the texture is long-lasting and semi-matte.

The colours I have are:

Spotlight Beige: A warm nude colour, would suit yellow based light to medium skin tones.
Diva Red: GO GET IT, I swear by this specific lipstick colour and formula, very luxurious blue based red that is very elegant and chic.

The only odd thing about this lipstick is the smell, it is not bad, but it just smells like lipsticks that mothers usually have before lipsticks became fancy and smell fruity or of nothing :)

rated 5 of 5 on 1/12/2014 7:25:00 PM More reviews by Backmasking

I got the color 850 Rogue on clearance for 2 dollars a couple of months ago.. If I had knew that I was going to love this lipstick so much I would have gotten them all. Super creamy, pigmented, and SPF 18. Yes, you will need to reapply during the day, especially after eating/drinking, but for the price (even not on sale), I don't mind.

The best drugstore lipstick, imo!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/1/2013 12:49:00 PM More reviews by SoniaStrawberry

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

i have it in shade diva red(500),it's long lasting,the formula is creamy and it's perfect shade for my skintone(i'm really pale)