April 18, 2014 | 1593 users online

Lipstick - Rimmel - Moisture Renew Lipstick

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/17/2014 8:10:00 AM More reviews by madeupmary

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

I am in love with these lipsticks. I had almost given up on lipstick during the winter months as my lips were so dry, all lipsticks looked terrible on them, even moisturizing ones. I had tried all sorts of lip balm and exfoliators but my lips were in a terrible state. After not buying any new lipsticks for 2 months (an awful long time for me), I cracked and bought this in Latino.

I was so shocked when I first applied this, that not only was the pigmentation excellent but it also seemed to nourish my lips in a way that none of the lip balms I had been using did. It also made my lips look plumper and more juicy. The only downside is you definitely have to use a lip liner to stop it bleeding, but hey ho. I was so impressed with how long this colour lasted as in my experience moisturizing lipsticks tend to only last a couple of hours at most before disappearing, but even eight hours later there was still some of this colour left on my lips.

I loved these so much I bought 3 more and plan to add more to my collection!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/1/2014 3:03:00 PM More reviews by etternax

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have this lipstick in two shades (see below). The formula is rich and smooth on the lips, but it applies semi-matte although this is surprisingly very moisturising, but the kind that does not leave the skin on your lips to become very soaked with moisture that it starts to exfoliate. This just does not dry out your lips although the texture is long-lasting and semi-matte.

The colours I have are:

Spotlight Beige: A warm nude colour, would suit yellow based light to medium skin tones.
Diva Red: GO GET IT, I swear by this specific lipstick colour and formula, very luxurious blue based red that is very elegant and chic.

The only odd thing about this lipstick is the smell, it is not bad, but it just smells like lipsticks that mothers usually have before lipsticks became fancy and smell fruity or of nothing :)

rated 5 of 5 on 1/12/2014 7:25:00 PM More reviews by Backmasking

I got the color 850 Rogue on clearance for 2 dollars a couple of months ago.. If I had knew that I was going to love this lipstick so much I would have gotten them all. Super creamy, pigmented, and SPF 18. Yes, you will need to reapply during the day, especially after eating/drinking, but for the price (even not on sale), I don't mind.

The best drugstore lipstick, imo!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/1/2013 12:49:00 PM More reviews by SoniaStrawberry

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Blue

i have it in shade diva red(500),it's long lasting,the formula is creamy and it's perfect shade for my skintone(i'm really pale)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/23/2013 6:05:00 PM More reviews by payjark

I have a few of these. I can't name all the shades but my favorite is Nude Delight. Its a great nude and doesn't make me look dead. But the formulas of these lipsticks is vety creamy and rich and they glide on smoothly. They need to be reapplied throughout the day, but its okay because they glide on so nice and smooth.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/21/2013 4:06:00 PM More reviews by Ellie1826

I have this in a soft fuchsia colour and "soft coral" and I really like how these lipsticks go onto dry or chapped lips. The colours are good, but I find they don't last very long... I love the smell though! :)

rated 2 of 5 on 7/16/2013 7:21:00 PM More reviews by blondesnob

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I had bought this in Nude Delight a while back, and not only did it look WAY too orange on me, the smell made me sick! It smells pretty much like a musty old lady perfume. Nasty. A lot of the other colours are really pretty but the smell really turned me off.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/12/2013 10:39:00 AM More reviews by Lilil95

I love the colors of these lipsticks but they are too frosty and creamy so they look very unnatural and sit on the lips without really blending in.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/9/2013 11:43:00 PM More reviews by rachelk94

A really nice lipstick I got the shade fancy which is slightly darker pink with a shimmer finish. It actually does feel quite moisturising and doesn't come straight off like most lip products. Except when you eat though then it's straight off. Very nice every day lipstick I like just be careful it does have glitter which I sometimes have to wipe off if it falls onto my chin. One thing I don't like though is the smell pooh it's not pleasant like a chemically soapy smell almost.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/22/2013 1:22:00 AM More reviews by AlisiaL

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Though I only have two of the Rimmel Moisture Renew lipsticks in Dusty Rose and Dreamy, which are awesome natural shades for my naturally pigmented lips ...I would say for a drug store brand lipstick, this one is up there for doing what it says it will do for your lips. These lipsticks definitely give moisture renewal to your pout. Usually, I have an issue with some lipsticks drying out my lips and making them chapped but these ones do not. The color selection is quite extensive as well and the price is great for what you are getting in the product. The colors for what I have are nice too, they give my lips a natural look but more polished for lips that can look a bit rough when dry. I would suggest purchasing some sort of lip exfoliater to help with removing the dry dead skin if you suffer from chapped lips, doing this will really improve how the lipstick is applied and will make it look much better. At the end of the day I truly love this lipstick and I have tried quite a few so I will buy more in the near future for sure.

On a side note...I do love the scent of these lipsticks, just like many have commented in other reviews, because that smell really does take me back to when I was a child trying on my mom's lipsticks, it is that classic lipstick fragrance that you don't come across to often anymore.