October 2, 2014 | 1357 users online

Powder - La Mer - The Treatment Powder Foundation SPF 15

rated 5 of 5 on 9/9/2013 2:30:00 AM More reviews by Pisha

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

BY FAR THE BEST powder foundation ever!! So bummed it was discontinued since last year. Until now I still can't find any other powder foundation as great as it; and trust me I've tried a lot of compact foundation since then!! (Chanel Vitalumier, Diorskin nude, La prairie, Kanebo Impress, Burberry, Laura Mercier, Bobbi Brown and many more)

This La Mer product gives a light and very natural coverage but can hide unwanted lines and dark spots very well. The best thing is the light reflection it gives to my skin, making my face glow, photogenic, and not look flat at all. Really love the glowy, healthy look which is not at all oily. It naturally brightens my face and evens out my skin tone.

The only negative thing is the packaging. Somehow it's very bulky and doesn't look as luxurious as it should.

Also, the steep price always made people hesitate to try it, but this product lasts more than 6 months, and considering the fantastic result it gives to skin, this La Mer powder foundation is worth every dollar spent.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/28/2011 11:50:00 AM More reviews by maybebaby82

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Other, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Okay finally caved in and bought the pressed powder la mer foundation. For $95 I expect to get a big payoff. Well, guess what? My skin actually looked airbrushed. My skin is clear and only breaksout rarely. I do have sun spots from the years of tanning before it was cool to wear a sunscreen.

My husband liked to have a fit when he found out how much it cost. Guess what, he even loved the look it gave my skin. It looked so flawless it was really amazing.

I've have some expensive m/u habits like we all do. I think, well i know I'm hooked on this product. I cringe everytime I think of the cost, but can you put a price on looking your best? LOL! I'll justify a purchase no matter what! If you ever think about taking the plunge on this one do it!!! I use the 01 creme shade and it's a great match.

It can be applied with the sponge it comes with for a more defined look, or sweep in on with a brush to give you a little less coverage for those outdoor, summer activities!

This product is a keeper!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/15/2011 12:37:00 AM More reviews by s_o_n_i_a

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Blue

Skintype: Very DSPW

LOVE the packaging, LOVE the sublime texture and wearability. HATE The price.

Gorgeous product, wears beautifully on my very dry skin. Doesn't sit in lines, doesn't cake, doesn't need blotting. Is a full coverage if need be. The shade Porcelain is a tad too dark for my uber PPP skin, so I have to be careful to apply it with a light hand. What shits me though is this is literally half the price in Amercia than in Australia. In Australia this retails for $195 AUD, in Amercia it retails for $95 AUD. What? How the hell can Lauder justify that??? The shade Porcelain isn't available in Australia so I have to get it from the US. After using a mail forwarding service it cost me about $130 AUD, so still significantly cheaper than Aussie retail. Rediculous.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/28/2010 9:55:00 PM More reviews by abfabjeanius

I treated myself to this for Christmas… for the $95 price-tag, I really had to just close my eyes and hand over the credit card.

However, I am happy to say that I do not regret purchasing this foundation! For reference, I have combo skin, with cheeks that get very dry, especially in the winter, so I have to be careful with powder foundations because I don't want to get more dry or accentuate dry patches. Additionally, my nose gets quite oily, and this was able to hold back the oilies for the bulk of the day.

The color that I purchased was Ivory, which seems to be a good match for my light beige skin. (I wear Nude in Laura Mercier's tinted moisturizer, and am around NC20 or so in MAC.) I was fortunate to find a good match -- not too yellow, not too pink.

The formula of this foundation is quite silky, and the finish it gives is radiant without being glittery or shiny. It comes with 2 separate sponges -- a thick one that gives medium-to-full coverage, and a thin one that gives more sheer coverage. Using this foundation with a brush also gives a sheer coverage. I like that the coverage is versatile and buildable without looking thick and cakey.

I agree with others that the compact is a bit bulky, but since I don't usually carry it with me, there is no problem for me.

Overall, I really do like this foundation, and would not hesitate to repurchase when/if I run out. My other powder foundation that I love is Dior Forever, but that looks "makeup-y" compared to this. continued >>

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/30/2010 11:54:00 PM More reviews by wickedcoolmama

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Honestly, I wish I didn't like this powder because of it's cost but I do! It gives a nice polished look, has a flawless setting ability & best of all, my skin feels better after I take my makeup off at night. the packaging is very bulky (it takes up half the space in my makeup bag in my purse) and for a $95 product, the packaging should be a little more luxurious than what it is.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/26/2010 12:55:00 PM More reviews by Starberri

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

For $100, I expect far more.

First and foremost, the color selection is abysmal. There is one shade that was relatively close to my skin, but was way too orange for me. If you happen to match one of the very limited colors then it might work for you; the rest of us are out of luck.

The finish was just OK; nothing to rave about. In fact, I tried to conceal a few spots and was not impressed. With other powders I'm usually able to build to a nice coverage; not so with La Mer.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/19/2010 10:33:00 AM More reviews by kjjamm808

Beautiful powder foundation and the color "Sand" was a perfect match for me however after a few days use, I noticed tiny bumps all over my forehead. Upon reading ingredients list, I noticed this powder has Yeast in it, which I am allergic to. Unfortunately I can't use this anymore... :-(

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 9/25/2010 8:04:00 PM More reviews by Swimblock

I bought this because of the ratings here on MUA but I do not plan to buy again. I do like La Mer's Moisturizing gel creme and their lip balm but the powder foundation seems to give me small bumps under my skin and the color was not a good match. I'm still looking for a HG powder or mineral foundation.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/25/2010 12:08:00 PM More reviews by gurululu

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I work in a school with no air conditioners. I also wear La Roche Posay Lait w/ Mexoryl xl, which is dewy but the only sunscreen that prevents my melasma from surfacing. No, I won't wear the LARP fluid extreme because it has alcohol in it. I don't put alcohol on my skin anymore. I explained all of this to the SA at Neiman's. She seemed to have faith in this powder and so did I having seen the reviews and the $95 price tag. Yet by the middle of an 85 degree humid day, this powder, which should be the ideal option for the weather had disappeared from my nose and caked up so much on my chin that it really emphasized some fine lines making them look like deep lines or literal cracks in my face. It only got worse after blotting and reapplying. To tell you the truth, the colors were not very impressive, either too yellow or too peach, but not very neutral. Going back! I gave it two lippies, 1 for the smoothness of application and flawless coverage if you are never exposed to the elements during your work day and the second for a titanium sunscreen.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/8/2010 2:20:00 PM More reviews by clay2626

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have this foundation in natural, which is surprising because I have used mostly yellow based foundations to tone down the redness in my face. The sales lady at NM stated this was a better match and I have to say she was right. This foundations covers very well, I do like medium coverage since I have the redness plus a blotchy appearance to my skin, not to mention acne scars. I have tried numerous powder foundations (CDP, La Prairie, Shu, Mercier, Chanel, etc) but I think I like this one the most due to the colors and coverage.
My skin is oily so most foundations are gone by noon, this one without any primer stayed on for a full work day with minor touching up. I would repurchase as I prefer powder foundations during summer. Price wise it is expensive but heck with all the money I have wasted on foundations I did not care for this is well worth the price.