September 22, 2014 | 1263 users online

Conditioner - Davines - alchemic

rated 4 of 5 on 8/26/2014 9:51:00 PM More reviews by aleigh35

I have long, fine, thin, dyed red hair that tends to weigh down and get oily very easily (aka 'Sad White Girl Hair'). I used this weekly (or whenever I felt like it), usually by leaving it on for half an hour and either following or mixing with a deep conditioner.

I purchased this product in the red after battling fading for months. I had previously used the Revlon Nutri Color Creme, but I found the consistency and packaging annoying so I decided to change it up.

The Davines works, giving a nice color boost and conditions *a little*; I found the smell and texture pleasant. It was a nicer consistency than the Revlon, but didn't give as strong color results; considering that and the price point, I'll probably go back to the Revlon. Not a bad product if you're a fan of the line, but I don't think it's the most effective product on the market.

However, a big plus is that it got rid of a great deal of oil and product build up without stripping my color, meaning it extended my shampoos. A lifesaver, since even the most gentle, sulfate-free, herbalicious, hippy-dippy shampoos strip red color like there's no tomorrow!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/2/2014 4:10:00 PM More reviews by LuluBr

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

I bought this product in chocolate after my hairdresser tried it on me last time I had my color done. I am a die hard fan of Kerastase products, but this conditioner is sooooo much better than Kerastase masks/conditioners.

I like the texture (sort of creamy gel), the scent is not too powerful and most of all it enhances my color bringing back the chocolate intensity of the hair color. It does not weight my hair down (I have plenty of fine hair), it is not heavy or sticky (unlike some Kerastase masks that leave my hair quite "dirty"). it contains 250ml, the price is quite steep, but a little goes a long way (about 5 months using it 2 x week on past shudder length hair). i put it on from mid lengths to the ends and put my hair in a bun. I wrap the hair in cling film and leave it on for about 30 minutes. I rinse it off and carry on with the blow dry. My hair is soft, shiny, ight and the color is revitalised.

I am planning to try the shampoo from the same line as I am really impressed. I tried "pigmented" shampoos by Bumble and Bumble and John Frieda in the past and they were horrible.

This conditioner/mask by Davines is great! The packaging is sort of 60s style. The ingredients are botanical and the manufacturing process + packaging are environmentally friendly. I also like that the Davines products are not manufactured by the usual massive multinational that is just interested in making as much money as possible.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/13/2013 8:08:00 PM More reviews by lpogirl

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I did not care for this product at all, and found that it did nothing to help brighten my blonde. And, the smell: well, I found it to be offensive and overwhelming. I washed my hair mid afternoon, and all I could smell throughout the night was this powdery, patchouli like scent. The next day I was so disappointed that I spent $40.00 (I live in Canada) on a product that did nothing for me. Fortunately, the salon I purchased it at returned it with no questions asked. My take on this line is that it is expensive for what you get. If you want a great purple product, try the JOICO shampoo, as it does the trick!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/8/2013 8:18:00 PM More reviews by Tinaagade

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I will repurchase this again and again as long as I can afford it, as long as I have blonde platinum hair.
You know those shampoos who either you end up with pink hair or blue? Yeah. I know atleast. And thats a nightmare, and if you dont like scrubbing your hair with shampoo then times, it wont go out until 5-6 showers unless you have supa healthy air, but frankly, if you have platina hair like me, having that healthy hair isnt common..
So, conditioner makes it easier to control the outcome, you can have it in your hair longer, its good for the hair (Shampoo with sulfates in your hair for a looong time ?? not good)
and this one smells amazing. I would rather buy it on the internet though, it can be overpriced in the salon. Oh and this one gives you very blonde-white results, Ive never ever gotten any bluish tint from this.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/22/2013 3:44:00 AM More reviews by Sured20

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Ive used the blonde/grey hair formula conditioner during my blonde days and really loved it. Its super bright purple which can be a bit scary to use on blonde hair, but it seemed to work really well at reducing brassiness. Keep in mind if your hair is very brassy or yellow, you will need to get it toned at a salon, no shampoo or conditioner can fix that. But as the purple products go, this one gets a big thumbs up from me. Heck, it's worth using for the wonderful smell alone! i havent tried any of the other color formulas but likely will. I wish it had some more natural ingredients, but it does have some, vit e for example. and conditioners never seem to have sulfates so thats not an issue. The packaging could be much better. Its a big glass tub. awkward.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/30/2013 4:38:00 AM More reviews by pinkrolo

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Horrible Stuff...makes my highlighted hair even more yellow...every time. Also dries my hair out to the point where its crunchy...won't dare use again - gave it away...beach blondes shampoo and conditioner is much better imho.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/29/2012 5:55:00 PM More reviews by annieSFRBeauty

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

I have white platinum hair that tends to go a bit gold if I don't use a purple pigmented shampoo or conditioner. I have tried many, but this stuff is awesome! It completely does the job without depositing extra pigment into my hair leaving it a bit purple like most. The packaging is cool, you get a good amount of it actually works. Really well. I love the smell of it too, it's quite different, but really pleasant.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/25/2012 8:35:00 AM More reviews by SiriK

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

I have this in copper.

I've tried various colour conditioners (like Bumble and Bumble and phyto) but they don't come close to Davines. I bought it after reading several raving reviews, and I was a litte sceptical when I opened the jar as the colour appeared quite weak compared to other colour depositing products I have used. My first imperession was so wrong! After rinsing, my hair was much more vibrant and the colour deeper and richer. I also feel that my hair is more nourished compared to when I was using B&B and Revlon.

My only complaint is the packaging. The jar is really unpractical in the shower.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/21/2011 10:49:00 PM More reviews by shar037

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Purchased the alchemic conditioner and shampoo, for red hair.
The shampoo was nothing special.
The conditioner is the best conditioner I have ever used. Seriously...and I'm a tough sell.
My hair barely fades between treatments and my hair is so shiny and soft.
One issue is that it makes my hands look a bit reddish and I dropped a small bit onto my white porcelean bathtub. Unfortunately it made a permament stain.
That will not stop me from purchasing again!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/28/2010 7:42:00 PM More reviews by jrhiteach

My hair is color-treated red and everyone knows how badly even the best color treatment with red fades. This conditioner, I don't use the shampoo, is a lifesaver. It helps me make it from one color to the next. I wash, with pureology, every other day and use the conditioner on the days I don't wash. It makes my hair super soft but manageable and smells great. The packaging, a glass jar, needs to be revisited but I have and will continue to repurchase.