April 20, 2014 | 1705 users online

Shampoo - Davines - alchemic

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/19/2010 12:48:00 AM More reviews by roarwoman

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

OMG!!! I know that you shouldn't review something after having used it just once, but holy snap peeps of MUA, this color shampoo and conditioner has transformed my hair from washed out reddish brown to a more intesne, dare I say, richer color of red that almost resembles the color I had coming out of the salon. My boyfriend was in total agreement with me as far as the color change and the POP that it had. The smell is really nice, although it is a bit strong (I washed and dried an hour ago and can still smell the conditioner) but nothing to funky or chemical like. The conditioner has left my hair soft and so easy to style that I want to pinch myself to make sure it's really happening.

I have searched far and wide to find color support shampoo and conditoner that really worked well and was sort of stuck with Bumble and Bumble for awhile, until this was suggested to me. I feel like I've discovered my HG. I read the review below me, my hair being red and not blonde I cannot say if all of the colors are this great. If you have n dyed red and are tired of it washing out so quickly, you have to get this stuff. I was told to use once a week, but I think I might make it twice a week.

The only down side is that both shampoo and conditioner come in glass jars. The shampoo lid being nothing more then a twist off, same goes for the conditioner. Not exactly shower friendly items but if you only use it one/ two times a week, you don't need it on the shelf all the time.

Update 03.27.10 - Still going strong, the color get's better the more I use this prodouct (1x/week). Still love it as much as I did on my first review.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/9/2010 5:10:00 PM More reviews by zoomusicgrrrl

I bought this in 'silver' because my hair at the moment is lightened from natural medium blonde to an intense platinum blonde. I'm paranoid, in particular, about my roots looking slightly warmer/more yellow than the lengths when I go for root touch-ups, so I've been trying out various 'silver' shampoos. This particular shampoo is also suitable for grey or highlighted hair, and other options in the range are 'golden', 'red', 'tobacco', 'chocolate' and 'copper'. The product is designed of course to intensify the hair colour and eliminate brassy tones. The pH 5.3 formula contains milk proteins, panthenol and olive oil to condition and protect the hair. However, I found that, although it cleaned my hair, it did little to boost moisture and I could see no colour change at all - upon completion of a 250ml bottle. I've had much better colour results from cheapo options like Schwarzkopf's silver shampoo.