August 1, 2014 | 1147 users online

Eye Shadow - Physicians Formula - Shimmer Strips - Brown Eyes

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/15/2014 9:19:00 AM More reviews by blooiejagwa

Edit- used wet, the darker shades are quite good as liner. The colours do bring out eye colour if u can get them to show, and I guess using it wet does that..i use it to set my liner or dry fr crease, with better quality e/s...complimentary

---

Anyone here who said it was well pigmented or a good texture is lying to us and themselves. All the shades are similar to each other, barely show up, don't last a few hours, and look muddy quickly. Get the WnW Petal Pusher palette if you want purples, the PF palette sucks beyond belief considering the high price for a d/s product... If something isn't good but barely usable, I don't see why anyone would give it 5 lippies.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/10/2014 6:25:00 PM More reviews by Lr1336

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

This didn't exactly make my eyes pop, but it is a decent everyday pallete. The pigmentation is not great but it's fine for school or work. The colors fade after a couple hours (they don't last well during my 7-hour school day) but then again my primer isn't the best. I love the colors, especially the shimmery ones, but I wish they didn't have so much fallout. It is slightly expensive-$12-but I found it for $7 so I thought I'd try it out. It's fine but I definitely would not repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/24/2013 12:10:00 AM More reviews by Ferrishyn

I found this on clearance the other day in Ulta for 50% off, so I decided to try it. In the past I have tried their shimmer strips in Nude and was so disappointed. The colors were so sheer and faded. This palette restored my faith in the shadows.
They go from chocolate, bronze colors, golds, a rich magenta, to light golds. I am totally in love with the magenta color. I used a primer and they stayed rich and pigmented for 7 hours. I am still wearing them now and they are still there and colorful.
The only gripe I have with this is the packaging. The shimmer strips are so skinny and literally right next to one another I found it hard not to pick up the other colors. Very nice palette though and something I have been wearing for days now with a lot of compliments.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/2/2013 4:13:00 AM More reviews by DemiK

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Reference MAC NC44. Hazel eyes.

First & foremost, I gave this a 4 in the price review only because it is one of the more expensive makeup brands found in drugstores; however, in the long run it isn't that expensive because you are getting 9 shadows for $11. I love the concept of a metallic on the go palette. The purples in this palette really make my eyes pop. All of the shades look INCREDIBLE if you use the NYX jumbo eye pencil in Milk as your base. The shadows just really pop! The white frosty shade & the gold shade were duds. The white one does not pack a punch & I have seen better gold eyeshadows. I love this concept & the overall quality. Worth buying! (I randomly bought mine from Ross for $4, so look for deals!)

rated 4 of 5 on 11/21/2012 12:05:00 AM More reviews by fwoo

These are awesome.
Reason i've been using it: I recently been doing a new everyday look and that i am loving: plain black eyeliner (usually liquid) on top, shimmer strip bottom lash line and waterline, set with matte black (from the balm nude 'tude), waxy white eyeliner (only like the texture but the color is too fake white looking), and either sin or sin dupe from nude 'tude on top and inner corners. Sometimes i add lashes or toasted from naked palette all over lid.

Why i love it: The texture is creamy, application is easy, inexpensive and its a true black. It smudges easily which made me stop using it in the beginning but once i set it with the matte black, it stays in place all day. It also intensifies the black. Whenever i do a smoky eye, i use this and smudge it with darkhouse from naked palette, looks really good that way as well.

Why i would buy again: I'll miss it when its gone! It does last, i've had it quite a while and i'm just hitting halfway now.

The only gripe i have is the fact that i have to set it with an eyeshadow, it does not stay on the waterline at all without it. Overall, though, its a great product.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/15/2012 7:19:00 AM More reviews by brittclow69

Loved this shimmer strip palette!! Works great for a day/work routine while giving yourself a bit of shimmer and shine!

Great eyeshadows for the summer as well for a glowy look!

Only thing I wish with these is that the shimmer strips were a little bit bigger so that when using a blending brush it can pick up the one color a little easier but either way I will not complain!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/26/2012 6:14:00 PM More reviews by glowing500

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

My eyes are green but I bought this beause purple makes green eyes pop. The kit for green eyes had green shadows and some others that did not really look like they would flatter my green eyes. Why in the world would Physician's Formula market geen eyeshow to someone with green eyes? Everybody knows that contrast makes colors pop.

Anyway, back to the review. If find these shaows to be just so-so. They are not very pigmented and they tend to get muddy when I try to blend them. The staying power is also horrible. I always use an eye primer like TTSI or the UDPP and these shadows STILL creased on me.

There are some Physician's Formula products that I love. These shadows are not among them.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/26/2012 6:03:00 PM More reviews by p3ischarmed13

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I do like these shadows, but I agree you definitely need a primer under them for the colors to show up better. These are very shimmery, but it says 'Shimmer strips' right on the box. You can get a lot of different looks with this, but I usually just use one shadow at a time with a matte for my crease and a little of the lighter shade for a no-brainer highlight for the eyebrow. It is hard to open, which sucks.
Overall would purchase it again, but only if I had an amazing deal and if I ever ran out (which I dont think I ever will)

rated 4 of 5 on 1/23/2012 12:40:00 AM More reviews by Janet72285

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Even though my eyes are hazel I got the one for browns because I liked the purples. The golden and brown colors also mae a beautiful eye by themselves. I like to mix the order of the shadows and play around with diff combos. This and the one for hazels were my faves during college and I still pull them out every once in a while just for fun.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/20/2011 10:00:00 AM More reviews by gc2011

I like this palette - however, I think the price is high and the packaging needs improvement.

These colors work well on my hazel eyes - I didn't like the pale lavenders that the "hazel" palette offered as well as this one. The shadows themselves are soft, blendable, and have little to no fallout. I use Napoleon Perdis eye primer with this, as I do all shadows, but I feel like the primer keeps the colors bright and nice.

The lighter beiges make a nice all-over lid wash - the lightest ones are great for highlighting - and I especially like to fade the darkest purple color into the shimmery dark brown -