October 22, 2014 | 1746 users online

Makeup Brushes - Bare Escentuals - Full Flawless Application Face Brush

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/21/2014 9:00:00 PM More reviews by tigirlyly

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I find this brush works well with powder foundations. No shedding problem with my brush. I have used it for years. It's not very soft, but not harsh or scratchy. This along with my handi kabuki are my go to brushes for mineral foundations.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/21/2014 8:10:00 PM More reviews by yjanney

Sheds and doesn't allow for a smooth application.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/25/2014 11:08:00 AM More reviews by dddoxie

I recently re-tried BM matte foundation and thought I would have better luck with the BM face brush. I cringed at spending $28 for this brush because I've used other BM face brushes and they've all been stiff, scratchy and shed a lot.

I used this brush once and gave up. Scratchiness aside, it doesn't do a good job of applying the foundation! I felt like it wasn't picking up any product whatsoever, and if it was, it wasn't redistributing it onto my face.

I will be returning this brush and sticking to my handy synthetic flat-top kabuki brush instead.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 2/23/2014 1:06:00 AM More reviews by Valmerc

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Puts on powder well, but have not compared to other brushes.
Sheds. Sheds a lot. Wears away quickly.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/13/2013 4:39:00 AM More reviews by graceybaby8

Like i stated in the other BE brushes.... these are Terrible brushes. What a waste of money. I bought the bare minerals starter set for $79 Canadian and there were 3 brushes that came with the set.. and I wish I just bought the bare minerals on it's own for $34...
I just wasted my $ on these 3 brushes that are so rough and scratchy, it irritated my face so badly that I had to stop applying my mineral makeup midway.. I can't tell which of the brush in the set is worse because they're both horrible... I don't know who anyone who actually liked this brush or thought it was OK to use and if they did liked it, because they must have a high pain tolerance. Please learn your lesson from my mistake and save your money.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/11/2013 11:40:00 AM More reviews by reneefree

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Right, lots of negative reviews on this product, but it has become my favorite brush after I washed it with extra virgin olive oil and dish soap.
Originally when I got the brush, it was harsh and rough. When I used it to apply my mineral foundation, it would make my skin itch an hour later and I would feel like scratching my face off!
Now that I have washed it a few times, it is softer and works like a charm and I don't use any other :).
Seriously give it a shot if you find it too "prickly", but be careful not to apply too much oil as it'll make it very oily and keep the product on the brush and not applying it on your skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/27/2013 12:24:00 AM More reviews by sconzzy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I really like this brush. I also received in the starter set and maybe mine is th odd one out as I have had no trouble with shedding, been using for about three months and had not noticed shedding at all, maybe a ouple of hairs in th whole time.
I like how it applies the makeup, much better than my previous mineral brushes.
I would give a 5, but to buy on its own the price is insane, I actually wanted some newm brushes for my travel bag so bought a whole new starter set on sale as its better value, have not used thos brushes much yet so will see if those ones shed.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/24/2013 12:28:00 AM More reviews by sarah2495

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I hate this brush. i got it in the set, translucent touch up powder, 2 powder foundations, 1 warmth face color (bronzer) , mini prime time ,moisturizer, cleanser, and concealer brush, and bronzer brush.
this brush sheds like crazy. and every time i use this, i ALWAYS have bristles from the brush all over my face! and im not even aggressive in any way. i put on the powder and blend very gently. also it broke ...i put the handle back on . but it easily falls off.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/7/2013 5:55:00 PM More reviews by biancamina

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I got this brush with the starter kit and it's great for blush and bronzer. It gives nice, natural looking foundation coverage, but does not cover acne. It sheds a little but is overall a great brush.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/24/2012 2:13:00 PM More reviews by EscalatorKid

This brush wouldn't be bad if it weren't for the shedding.

When I first got it, it worked pretty well to put the BE foundation on. It was a little rough feeling, but I can deal with that. But, the bristles started breaking, and then shedding all over the place. My neck, face, and chest would end up covered in little hairs that I would have to be picking off all the time.

I even took it back to Sephora, where I bought the kit, and exchanged it, and the clerk told me that she gets a lot of complaints and that these brushes are well-known for shedding. She exchanged the brush, though, and when I went to use it the next day, it shed right away!

I would NEVER spend money on this brush. I'm using a Sephora crazy-colors brush set that is far superior to this, even though it likely isn't made for mineral powders.

DO NOT ever buy this brush, unless it is in a kit... and even then, toss it and buy something else.