Bare Escentuals Full Flawless Application Face Brush

2.4

I got this brush in my BE starters kit. It looks beautiful, however, I found it to be a bit rough already since the beginning. No big deal, but the worst happened after - every time I was using it, I saw short pieces of brush falling on my chest - they were breaking off! After half year of almost everyday usage of this brush the middle of it was half shorter than the sides. Basically the brush is not usable anymore, which is quite disappointing considering its short durability. When I saw the real price tag, I just felt relieved that I didn't buy it separately. Just don't do it, despite its pretty looks, this brush is absolutely not worth it! Buy Sephora or Real Technics brushes, they are cheaper and last much longer!

I got this 3 years ago as part of the Bare Escentuals Starter kit. The brush still sheds every day and I have pick out the brush hair off my face every morning!! The hair is now harsh and very rough on the face. Time to look for new brushes.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

The voice of dissent! Yes, it's scratchy and can irritate if your skin's sensitive. When that happens l reach for my Ecotools retractable kabuki. The thing is, this brush makes the BE fdns look better, so l'm sticking with it. Mine has stood up to daily use for nearly 3 years now and doesn't shed. If you're busy/lazy, it functions for weeks on end without being washed. I got mine as part of the starter kit. It provides more coverage than their flawless face brush. I wash it (occasionally!) with shampoo.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I find this brush works well with powder foundations. No shedding problem with my brush. I have used it for years. It's not very soft, but not harsh or scratchy. This along with my handi kabuki are my go to brushes for mineral foundations.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Sheds and doesn't allow for a smooth application.

I recently re-tried BM matte foundation and thought I would have better luck with the BM face brush. I cringed at spending $28 for this brush because I've used other BM face brushes and they've all been stiff, scratchy and shed a lot.

I used this brush once and gave up. Scratchiness aside, it doesn't do a good job of applying the foundation! I felt like it wasn't picking up any product whatsoever, and if it was, it wasn't redistributing it onto my face.

I will be returning this brush and sticking to my handy synthetic flat-top kabuki brush instead.

Puts on powder well, but have not compared to other brushes.
Sheds. Sheds a lot. Wears away quickly.

Like i stated in the other BE brushes.... these are Terrible brushes. What a waste of money. I bought the bare minerals starter set for $79 Canadian and there were 3 brushes that came with the set.. and I wish I just bought the bare minerals on it's own for $34...
I just wasted my $ on these 3 brushes that are so rough and scratchy, it irritated my face so badly that I had to stop applying my mineral makeup midway.. I can't tell which of the brush in the set is worse because they're both horrible... I don't know who anyone who actually liked this brush or thought it was OK to use and if they did liked it, because they must have a high pain tolerance. Please learn your lesson from my mistake and save your money.

Right, lots of negative reviews on this product, but it has become my favorite brush after I washed it with extra virgin olive oil and dish soap.
Originally when I got the brush, it was harsh and rough. When I used it to apply my mineral foundation, it would make my skin itch an hour later and I would feel like scratching my face off!
Now that I have washed it a few times, it is softer and works like a charm and I don't use any other :).
Seriously give it a shot if you find it too "prickly", but be careful not to apply too much oil as it'll make it very oily and keep the product on the brush and not applying it on your skin.

I really like this brush. I also received in the starter set and maybe mine is th odd one out as I have had no trouble with shedding, been using for about three months and had not noticed shedding at all, maybe a ouple of hairs in th whole time.
I like how it applies the makeup, much better than my previous mineral brushes.
I would give a 5, but to buy on its own the price is insane, I actually wanted some newm brushes for my travel bag so bought a whole new starter set on sale as its better value, have not used thos brushes much yet so will see if those ones shed.

Popular Makeup Brushes