April 19, 2014 | 925 users online

Makeup Brushes - Bare Escentuals - Full Flawless Application Face Brush

rated 2 of 5 on 2/23/2014 1:06:00 AM More reviews by Valmerc

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Puts on powder well, but have not compared to other brushes.
Sheds. Sheds a lot. Wears away quickly.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/13/2013 4:39:00 AM More reviews by graceybaby8

Like i stated in the other BE brushes.... these are Terrible brushes. What a waste of money. I bought the bare minerals starter set for $79 Canadian and there were 3 brushes that came with the set.. and I wish I just bought the bare minerals on it's own for $34...
I just wasted my $ on these 3 brushes that are so rough and scratchy, it irritated my face so badly that I had to stop applying my mineral makeup midway.. I can't tell which of the brush in the set is worse because they're both horrible... I don't know who anyone who actually liked this brush or thought it was OK to use and if they did liked it, because they must have a high pain tolerance. Please learn your lesson from my mistake and save your money.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/11/2013 11:40:00 AM More reviews by reneefree

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Right, lots of negative reviews on this product, but it has become my favorite brush after I washed it with extra virgin olive oil and dish soap.
Originally when I got the brush, it was harsh and rough. When I used it to apply my mineral foundation, it would make my skin itch an hour later and I would feel like scratching my face off!
Now that I have washed it a few times, it is softer and works like a charm and I don't use any other :).
Seriously give it a shot if you find it too "prickly", but be careful not to apply too much oil as it'll make it very oily and keep the product on the brush and not applying it on your skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/27/2013 12:24:00 AM More reviews by sconzzy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I really like this brush. I also received in the starter set and maybe mine is th odd one out as I have had no trouble with shedding, been using for about three months and had not noticed shedding at all, maybe a ouple of hairs in th whole time.
I like how it applies the makeup, much better than my previous mineral brushes.
I would give a 5, but to buy on its own the price is insane, I actually wanted some newm brushes for my travel bag so bought a whole new starter set on sale as its better value, have not used thos brushes much yet so will see if those ones shed.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/24/2013 12:28:00 AM More reviews by sarah2495

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I hate this brush. i got it in the set, translucent touch up powder, 2 powder foundations, 1 warmth face color (bronzer) , mini prime time ,moisturizer, cleanser, and concealer brush, and bronzer brush.
this brush sheds like crazy. and every time i use this, i ALWAYS have bristles from the brush all over my face! and im not even aggressive in any way. i put on the powder and blend very gently. also it broke ...i put the handle back on . but it easily falls off.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/7/2013 5:55:00 PM More reviews by biancamina

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I got this brush with the starter kit and it's great for blush and bronzer. It gives nice, natural looking foundation coverage, but does not cover acne. It sheds a little but is overall a great brush.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/24/2012 2:13:00 PM More reviews by EscalatorKid

This brush wouldn't be bad if it weren't for the shedding.

When I first got it, it worked pretty well to put the BE foundation on. It was a little rough feeling, but I can deal with that. But, the bristles started breaking, and then shedding all over the place. My neck, face, and chest would end up covered in little hairs that I would have to be picking off all the time.

I even took it back to Sephora, where I bought the kit, and exchanged it, and the clerk told me that she gets a lot of complaints and that these brushes are well-known for shedding. She exchanged the brush, though, and when I went to use it the next day, it shed right away!

I would NEVER spend money on this brush. I'm using a Sephora crazy-colors brush set that is far superior to this, even though it likely isn't made for mineral powders.

DO NOT ever buy this brush, unless it is in a kit... and even then, toss it and buy something else.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/19/2012 3:08:00 PM More reviews by keyelement

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I received this brush in a Get Started kit - I liked it for the first few months when I thought the shedding would slow down.... But it never did. I continued to use it because I was new to foundation brushes and thought the problem was me somehow... but when I started learning the ropes I realized what a piece of poop this brush is. I washed and conditioned it once a week and it didn't prevent the bristles in the very center if the brush from breaking and snapping and getting rough and scratchy. It used to be soft but no matter what conditioning treatment I use the brush is literally unusable. I'm so glad I didn't pay full price for this - I'd have been furious. I've since switched to a Sephora mineral brush and couldn't be happier.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/26/2012 9:16:00 PM More reviews by ishhara

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I would never have bought this brush if it didn't come with the kit. It's called "full coverage," but it doesn't actually do that great of a job. It's fairly soft, but for the price, it can be better. It also sheds like nobody's business. I expect brushes to have a certain amount of shedding, especially if it has natural hair (I assume this at least has partial natural hair due to the texture), but this thing loses several hairs every time I use it.

The most annoying thing about this brush is that it traps hardened clumps of makeup. I clean all my brushes on regular basis. I've never had another brush that did this. It's rather disgusting.

The brush itself: about 6 inches in length with fawn bristles and black handle. The bristles themselves are around 2 inches in length, densely packed and very "poofy." Washing it is a bit of a nightmare since it traps dirt and pigments very well. And again: shedding, and hiding clumps of makeup.

Out of the three brushes the starter kit came with, the only one I'm not replacing is the concealer brush. The so-called "flawless coverage" brushes aren't that useful. If you're looking for full coverage brushes, I'd recommend something like a flat top brush -- which is what I'm now using. I'd like to try a skunk brush in the future. The point is: this style of brushes -- especially this specific brush -- just doesn't do it for me.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/9/2012 12:09:00 AM More reviews by italiana800

I got this brush with my bare minerals set I bought a while back. This brush did provide flawless coverage, but this brush sheds like crazy & the handle of the brush broke almost instantly (& I'm careful with my makeup products). Also, over time the hairs on this brush start to get coarse & hard. This brush is cheapily made. Overall, I did really like the effect of the brush & how it made my makeup look, but for the price & poor quality of this, you can definitely find way better brushes. So, I will not buy this again, but it did work well for a short while. But, in the long run, this is not a good investment.