December 17, 2014 | 1720 users online

Top/Base Coats - Orly - Prisma Gloss Top Coat - Gold

rated 5 of 5 on 6/20/2013 5:20:00 AM More reviews by sconzzy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have this and the silver, were an xmas gift from my sister. I love them both, I like two coats of this one, one with silver. Nearly used up so will buy again as when it gets low its hard to shake up the glitter.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/14/2011 11:49:00 PM More reviews by Tyra1276

I'm so late to the band wagon, but just got this tonight and am in love!!! Layered in the parking lot over black & wow!! Did a proper mani, two coats over a mauve and I'm amazed! I can't stop looking at my nails. For someone having a hard time finding a holo, this is perfect. Instant holo in your favorite polish. I need to go back and get the silver now. I did use SV on top of it, need the quick dry :)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/17/2011 10:56:00 AM More reviews by CatB61383

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Other Eyes: Blue

When I first received the Gold Prisma Gloss (as well as the Silver) in the mail, all of the holographic glitter was in a thin layer at the bottom of the bottle. Not only did I think I got ripped off, but I couldn't believe that was all the glitter they put in it because it looked like there was barely any. Then I noticed the little cardboard ring around the bottle that said "Shake Me" (and immediately felt stupid for not noticing it right away). After a vigoruos shaking the glitter distributes itself evenly throughout the bottle for a gold holographic snow globe effect. I use this polish to layer over other polishes as a top coat and the effect is beautiful. One layer provides some holo glitter but two layers give your polish a beautiful, dazzling effect. I would definitely purchase this again.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/2/2010 7:21:00 AM More reviews by oosagi

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is a clear coat with fairly sparse, fine, rainbow holographic gold glitter particles suspended in it. The glitter does sink, so it needs to be shaken vigorously. I also got it as a duo with Enchanted Forest, really cheap on sale.
I really like this, though I don't use it as a topcoat itself, I always put a quick drying coat on top. I like the very fine glitter over a lot of different colors, though on the nail all I can see is the rainbow holo effect, the glitter doesn't even really look gold to me. Some glitters overwhelm whatever color you layer them over, and this one does not. I usually use two coats to get a nice distribution of glitter. It's an easy way to spruce up a couple day old mani that you're bored with but not quite ready to change.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/28/2010 10:53:00 PM More reviews by LilSphinx

I was lucky enough to find this on clearance in a Sally's as part of a duo package with a matte med. green polish called "Enchanted Forest" or something like that, for $1.99

This is a pretty enough polish with the micro holo-gold glitter, and I find it dries rather quickly, but I use it for a somewhat unorthodox usage: as a clear top-coat.

Yep, if you let it sit for a couple of hours all of the glitter settles to the bottom, allowing you to use the clear polish itself as a wonderful glossy top-coat.

As a top-coat, it doesn't do as top-coats are supposed to since it's meant only as a polish. It doesn't protect your polish from fading or chipping, or anything like that. But it does give a really nice, clear, glossy finish to your polish.

If Orly's actual clear top-coats are anywhere near as nice as this one, I'll have to give them a try some time.:D

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/9/2010 3:40:00 AM More reviews by ayngemac

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was hoping this would be a less expensive dupe to my beloved Northern Lights but it's not. It doesn't dry very fast, and there just isn't enough blingy holo goodness to it. It's there but subdued which is not what I'm looking for. Not bad but Northern Lights is much better.