August 1, 2014 | 1770 users online

Deodorants - Earth Science - Tea Tree & Lavander

rated 1 of 5 on 5/3/2014 12:05:00 PM More reviews by lizzwicker

This has got to be the absolute worst natural deodorant I have ever tried. The tea tree and lavender scent is pleasant, but that's about it. I know that many natural deodorants don't work that well, but with this, I would have been better off not wearing anything at all. My armpits smelled awful at the end of the day. Totally useless.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/9/2010 1:41:00 AM More reviews by L0llicandy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I bought this in my quest to try more natural alternatives to drugstore brands. I was excited to try this because I heard such great things about Earth Science deodorant. I chose the tea tree & lavender because I already use tea tree as a household remedy, and knew that it was an excellent anti-fungal and bacterial oil. Unfortunately, soon after I started to use it my entire underarm area became irritated and inflamed to the point that my armpits were peeling skin. Not pretty. I sadly had to stop using it. But between this and the rosemary & mint one, I noticed a big difference in performance. The tea tree really was more effective in cutting body odor and lasted longer. And while the rosemary mint was nicer and less irritating it simply didn't work well or long enough.

I bought this from Vitacost, but this is also available at Whole Foods.

And now for the other half of the review. About a year later, I am home for the holidays at my family's house and without deodorant. I found a stick of deodorant on the vanity, didn't look at the label and just put it on. It smells nice, works all day, no problems. I use this for a while and finally look at the label -- it's THIS deodorant! The one that had caused peeling, irritation, etc etc. And wouldn't you know it, it lasts ALL day long with no peeling or irritation. I can't explain what changed, but now I think it's a great deodorant and I've been using it for about a month now. I'm willing to finish off this stick and then see if I would buy it again. But I never would have thought to try it again.

*Tip, if you try this out and find out you don't like it or it irritates you, I use this on feet to deodorize and treat athlete's foot (please don't use the same stick on your pits after though! You don't want to risk athlete's foot in your underarms or other body parts. It would also be very difficult to explain to your friends and family how you ended up with Athlete's foot there. :P ) I found it more effective than those Athlete's foot sprays from the drugstore.

*I also find "natural" deodorants more effective and longer lasting when you have no hair in your pits whatsoever.