April 18, 2014 | 2028 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - Laura Mercier - Eye Lash Curler

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/22/2013 10:18:00 AM More reviews by TeeCube

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I absolutely love this tool. It doesn't give that odd 90 degree bend that even my Shu Uemura gives (which is why I normally don't like to use a curler too often because I dislike the end result). The curler is small, doesn't pinch and is easy to use, and hallelujah curls my lashes without looking stupid! If you normally use a curler like the Shu one or any other metal one for that matter you will have to get used to using this square plastic type because it is very different. Just be careful and all is well. Also love the carrying case so it stays safe and clean.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/27/2011 12:18:00 AM More reviews by JenAtticus

I want to give this a five... but it broke. I loved the curl it gave me. Sometimes it wouldn't catch the lashes all the way at the end of my eye but for the most part it was great. but the handle did break after about 2 months and I wrote the company and never heard anything back.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/20/2011 1:48:00 PM More reviews by addicted2products

This product did not curl my short Asian lashes well at all. It was difficult to position this close enough to my lashes. I purchased this because it was really small and I intended to use it in my travel makeup bag only. It is a very cheap plastic and it looks like it will break relatively easy due to the moving parts.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/12/2011 10:52:00 PM More reviews by sunshinelu

Didn't take too long to get use to this and I love the portable design. Extra happy that it comes with an extra pad (especially after paying $16)!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/10/2010 9:07:00 PM More reviews by MackMimiMommy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I don't usually use eye lash curlers, but this one came in a set I bought from lauramercier.com. This is a great product! It really curls your lashes quickly and easily. It is compact and fits in my drawer well. It also has an extra pad stuck to the bottom of it. I don't use it everyday, but when I need to curl, this is the perfect curler!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/1/2010 5:13:00 AM More reviews by VeeCee

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is a HG lash curler for me. Yes, way better than the Shu!

Packaging is neat and compact. This curler is flat in shape unlike the scissored like shape of regular lash curlers. There's a fold down tab which, once down you gently squeeze down and you have beautifully curled lashes. When you're done, put the tab back up and replace in the plastic zippered pouch for easy storage and travel. Takes up very little space in a small handbag, make-up bag or kit.

There's extra padding on the bottom of this curler and it doesn't take much of a squeeze at all to produce beautifully curled lashes. Start at the base and then again mid-lash. That's all you need as the base is so large and soft.

One of the things I like is that the design of this curler is so unique that you can curl the entire lash line or, if you like to curl only the outer half of your lashes, you can do it quickly and easily with this product, unlike regular lash curlers. Creates very flirty looking lashes.

Price is less than the Shu but a better product IMO. Very much worth a try. As another poster put it, it's the hidden gem in the beauty dept.

***UPDATE: With Shu uemura leaving the U.S. and only available online to U.S. customers, those needing a lash curler need look no further than the nearest Laura Mercier counter. It's now April and i'm still loving this little curler!

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 1/8/2010 9:28:00 PM More reviews by carolinee08

I am absolutley HONORED that I get to write the first review for this product. I think that this eyelash curler is a hidden gem in department stores. Dare I say it, I feel like its better the Shu Ueurmura's Eye Lash Curler. And the fact that this eye lash curler has an EXTRA pad on the bottom of it is a MAJOR plus! This Lash Curler gives my lashes the perfect curl and really brightens up my tired eyes. And theres not a single trace of pinching. Yes, the packaging is a bit odd, but you'll get the hang of it sooner or later. Just make sure when your pressing down on the holder thing, dont press to hard or I fear it might pop off. Just press gently and work your way up, seriously, you dont need pressure to create a great curl :) I spent roughly seventeen bucks on this lash curler, but if you think about it, your saving four more dollars from the Shu Uemoura one *shruggs*. So I feel like I made a good investment in this. This is definitley one of the most underrated lash curler out there, it deserves MUCH more credit. Its amazing!! The reason why I gave it a four is because it is a bit expensive :/ But its worth it!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No