Smashbox Eye Shadow Single - ASAP

4.3

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I love using this eye shadow in my crease. It's a very natural and elegant color. I love using it with smashbox pronto on my lid. This color is very close to Estee Lauder's cinnamon, it's just a little lighter. This color is a must have in my stash!

on 3/22/2010 1:57:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Other, Cool

It's a light taupe, shimmery and pretty, great for all over color for a casual day look, or highlighting areas for a night look. It's not spectacular, but it goes on easily and is clean.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm

I bought this as part of a holiday set at Ulta that included 2 shadows and a crease brush for $12! The colors were nothing spectacular or exciting, but for $12...I couldn't pass it up. The first time I used them, I thought they were perfectly nice, but nothing special. But the more I wore the ASAP, the more I liked it. It's truly neutral taupe, which is very wearable. It looks pretty and polished, but not over the top. I also found it to be very versatile, as it seems to pick up either cool or warm tones, depending upon what you are wearing, or what colors you pair with it. I've put several different liners with it and have yet to find one that doesn't look good. As a result, I find myself reaching for this shade again and again. I am red headed and green eyed, with very pale but sallow skin. Anything with even the merest hint of pink makes me look ridiculous. So it's hard to find truly neutral shadows, even if they are advertised as such. This one just might be the exception.

The quality of this product seems very good as well. I don't have a lot of experience with Smashbox and I was pleased to find that this shadow is soft and silky and easily blended. It seems to be fairly long lasting and doesn't fade or crease.

I sure hope I can find this color as a stand alone item. I would really hate to find that it's only available in this holiday set!