October 24, 2014 | 1613 users online

Lips - Hard Candy - Balm Girls tinted lip balm

rated 2 of 5 on 2/25/2013 6:38:00 PM More reviews by trish7210

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I definitely agree that the smell of these things are just awful, and I normally don't mind cosmetics with not-so-great of smells, as long as they do what they claim. But these....to me, they just smell like some sort of weird chemical-glue smell. It was so strong to me that it actually gave me a headache. I tried Amy and Carol. Amy is a super pale shade that kind of washed me out. Carol was a pretty, light mauve, but the smell is just tooooo bad. I don't recommend these.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/12/2011 8:59:00 PM More reviews by cosmic23

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Saw Hard Candy @ walmart and couldn't believe this brand is back although it is now a drugstore brand. Love the cute packaging which was what drove me to the balms. These look like little russian matryoshka dolls. I bought several including carol which is the best IMO. Ive always wanted a lipbalm that would give me the lip gloss look without stickiness and this one does just that and moisturizes very well! It does leave a very little slight tint of color though not nearly ad dark as the tube shows. The other one (forgot the name) is a matte pink and although more color shows the balm was much drier. So I guess it depends on the color. Only complaint is that it has no SPF, so I took off one lippie for that. However I will continue to use this and will even stock up. I've been using this one tube for roughly a year now so you definitely get your $ worth. It is $5 which is double the price of a regular lipbalm but still cheap for what it gives.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/16/2010 8:07:00 PM More reviews by BRABKIN

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Please note that this review applies only to the color "Carol." I only tried "Carol" which is a soft mauve color, so I can't speak for all the other colors, but I did not notice any smell or taste, objectionable or otherwise with "Carol" lip balm, and I'm pretty sensitive to scents. "Carol" is a very sheer color, and if your lips are naturally medium to darkly pigmented, you probably won't notice much difference whether you are wearing this product or not. For me, being pale, "Carol" adds just a hint of color and it does not dry out my lips at all. In fact, I would say it moisturizes a bit, though not as much as a heavy-duty balm. I would also describe it as only very slightly glossy. It is not matte, but it is not sticky nor as shiny as most glosses. I have been using this product for about six months now and it has become my go-to lip product when I want just the sheerest hint of color for a no-makeup look. The package is tiny, making it easy to carry and you apply it right from the package - no fingers or brushes needed. If you want something that says "I'm wearing lip color", this probably isn't right for you, but if you are someone who normally shies away from most colored lip products, this might be a nice way to perk up your lips without looking "made up".

rated 1 of 5 on 8/13/2010 2:45:00 PM More reviews by ClarkstonsMom

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Bleck! The packaging is cute but that's about it. These things stink and taste horrible. Cute colors if they were actually the color on your lips. Go elsewhere for a tinted balm, girls.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/18/2010 5:01:00 PM More reviews by felgoj

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Lol these are cute & fun but I want to know, where is the color? haha
These are absolutely so sheer & faint in color that I get virtually no payoff. I think you can compare the color payoff of these with Dr Pepper LipSmacker (which doesn't leave any color on me but I still love it). I love tinted lipbalms that are glossy & light, so I still like Balm Girls even though their colors are deceptive.

I bought Christine (red), Dianna (fuchsia) & Carol (raspberry) - the darkest & brightest colors in the tube - but I get almost no color on my non-pigmented lips. That's too funny. At least I don't need a mirror to apply these, lol.

Not bad for $5 each from Walmart.com (free shipping!). Was worth trying & I think they are cute novelty items. I may even buy a few more. The texture on my lips is very greasy & kinda oily but not runny & since these moisturize my lips very well & doesn't dry them out (like many other lipbalms do), I enjoy wearing them. Love the very subtle vanilla scent. No mint & no SPF, which I hate in lipbalms b/c they further dry out lips.

These are very cute, glossy, girly, & you get a lot of product which you can see through the transparent packaging. These are shaped like cute little mini bowling pins. lol

Would buy again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/6/2010 10:17:00 AM More reviews by CJCJ

Age: Unknown Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

OMG. GREAT PRODUCT!!! Goes on easily, hydrates beautiful, hint of color and CHEAP. Cute packaging. You can NOT go wrong with this for yourself, for kids for adults for anyone. LOVE IT.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/30/2010 6:53:00 PM More reviews by jeyroxs

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I I bought this lip balm because I needed a new one and saw this and decided to try it out. I got it in elise which is like a sheer pink color. I typically wear it under my lipstick or lipgloss that im wearing at that point in time. I dont care for the color it made my lips looked to pale but it was moisturizing on my lips so I would it again just in a different color.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/10/2010 8:55:00 PM More reviews by blacktimes21

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this for the packaging, but it's a great product too. I don't usually like stick balms due to the high wax content, but this was nice and soft. Left a nice, sheer shine and was less sticky than a gloss. I have the orangey/ coral shade but they broadened the color selection since I last bought. Cheap as heck and highly recommended!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/8/2010 4:41:00 PM More reviews by Missy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This was my first purchase from Hard Candy and it definitely won't be my last. I admit that I was initially attracted to this, as well as the rest of the line, for the uber-cute packaging! I picked up this lip balm in "Julie", a sheer melon-pink . The balm is moisturizing, lasts and it smells and tastes yummy! I wish they were a bit more pigmented, but I can't wait to try more of them! For reference, these are $5.00 at Wal-mart.