September 1, 2014 | 1163 users online

Eye Shadow - Bobbi Brown - Shimmer Wash Eye Shadow- Petal

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/19/2013 5:27:00 AM More reviews by Menolikepolos

This is a beautiful eye shadow, I purchased this as a better substitute to MAC Naked Lunch (and yes, it is). This is a pure shimmery soft warm pink, whereas Naked Lunch is almost too much shimmer, not enough pink. Like other reviewers have noted, as a pale girl, I don't like to wear this alone, but with liner or a crease color. Great product though. The texture and quality are beautiful and smooth.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/3/2012 12:04:00 AM More reviews by beardpapa

This product is crap ! it does nothing for me - absolutely does not show on my skin. it doesn't even work as a highlight shade. Moreover the shimmer falls all over my eye when i try to apply it. I was so disappointed as it looks great in the pan.

I think BB is good only for blushes and lipsticks. I have two of their eyeshadows and both are awful ! Will definitely not be repurchasing...

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/18/2010 12:26:00 AM More reviews by kaxel

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This is one of only two eye shadows I've ever completely used up in my life. I love this shade. I am fair with warm tones. This is a great base color or excellent to use allover for casual days. It's warm enough for my skin tones and has just the right shimmer for my age (45 plus)-- I don't want lots of sparkle and glitter. This is an essential!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/18/2009 1:40:00 PM More reviews by sweetcg49

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Petal is a soft light pink shade with a touch of shimmer. Very nice as a base color. As others have said, it doesn't have a lot of pigment, but it does offer a lovely sheen.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/2/2008 12:21:00 PM More reviews by sexysylvia1211

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Great, silky long lasting eyeshadow (i do use it with UDPP though :)) I am nc25-30, brown hair and blue grey eyes and i was at the BB counter in Harrods at the weekend looking for a nice light subtle e/s for the day (im not usually an e/s girl! esp for day) Petal really caught my eye- a beautiful light rose pink with a sheer shimmer but no glitter. Looks very pretty, beautiful and subtle but i can DEFINITELY see it- some ladies have commented here it doesnt show at all on them, but it does on me it just doesnt scream ''look at my eyeshadow''. PERFECT for the day. BUT if u have the BB PINK shimmerbrick i really think having this e/s too is unnescessary...because i have the pink BB pink SB and I get exactly the same effect whether i use this e/s or the brick...the SB is slightly more shimmery but if i use one light layer it loos just the same as this

rated 4 of 5 on 11/30/2007 4:06:00 AM More reviews by covetous

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is very pretty - the SA recommended it to go over the top of the rest of my eyeshadow (I'm using the grey) to give it some shimmer - I was a bit suspicious but it really works to change the matt shadows into something with a bit more pop. As ever with BB, it's fairly subtle. On it's own it's really pretty too.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/11/2007 4:30:00 PM More reviews by curlygirl45

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Silver, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

Great All-Over wash color - one of the few that I've hit the pan on.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/10/2007 10:01:00 PM More reviews by msdi2u

This is a pretty, pink, slightly shimmery e/s that does not give me the red-eye look. Therefore, I like it! :o)Took away a lippie because I wish it were a tad more pigmented. I am pretty fair-skinned, and this pink shadow barely shows up on my lids. It does even out the color of my lids, and gives my eyes a healthy, natural glow. Kind of looks like I'm not wearing any eyeshadow, though, but that's not necessarily a bad thing. I was just hoping that I could use this as more of a highlighter, but it seems a little too pale for that. I like BB's Shimmerwash shadows, but I wouldn't repurchase this color. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 9/20/2006 10:16:00 AM More reviews by troel

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is the first BB shimmerwash I tried. Am not so fond of pink eyeshadows but this really gives me a well-rested look, not at all that pinkish after applying. I start with an eyeshadow base first, then apply the eyeshadow and it lasts all day without creasing. If you use an eyecream first, go easy with it on the lids to prevent the creases.
Ok, the screwlid is not that handy but it's not that much work either! Won't stop me from buying more BB shimmerwashes.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/18/2006 10:41:00 AM More reviews by ziebam

These shadows retail for $19 and comes in a large round black pot with clear lid. Each shadow is double the size of a MAC one, .09 oz. Petal is a sheer pinky peach shade. Not very pigmented, but pretty for soft daytime look.