July 23, 2014 | 2010 users online

BB Cream - BRTC - Blemish Recover Balm SPF 28

rated 4 of 5 on 5/13/2014 5:56:00 AM More reviews by lydiaie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

i love this...i have bought it three times. it adapts to your skin colour. the ingredients are wonderful - full of oil busting and spot preventing ingredients. IT DOES NOT GET RID OF SPOTS. it just doesn't make your skin worse...and does not clog pores. it smells nice like witch hazel and lavender and is extremely nice on my skin. it looks very natural - this is my go to base in the summer because it doesnt melt off my skin. only problem is - it's far too thick to apply just on its own - i apply it as half bb cream and half moisturiser of my choice...this way it goes on perfectly and looks gorgeous. i really think it's wonderful and it's a bargain on ebay!

rated 1 of 5 on 1/2/2014 5:30:00 PM More reviews by carmenle22

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I saw reviews about bb creams on youtube and this was to help out in blemishes....it did not for me. I have oily skin and acne prone, this did not help. I made my face look very pale. I also bought and tried Lioele Beyond the Solution- great coverage, lasted while I was at the beach BUT in photos made my face look pale. it felt caked on. I tried Aveeno BB cream and LOVE the glow and natural coverage BUT not for my oily face ... made it very oily. still searching ... will give Missha a try.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/3/2013 10:16:00 AM More reviews by jleelee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Absolutely adore this BB cream!

I have oily/combination skin, which sometimes breaks out in a few pimples but nothing too major to wreck havoc on my life. I recently heard about the amazing benefits of Korean BB creams and being a non-foundation girl, thought - YES finally a product line for me! Works well that I'm asian too because I believed that the Korean BB creams would be more suited to my skin colour etc.

Lioele BB was my first, the greyish cast that was left on my face was gross and it made me break out like I was going through puberty. Chucked that one immediately. Next up was Missha Signature BB cream in no.21, the colour again was a mismatch and I found the texture to be quite heavy and oily on my skin. It also resulted in a few nasty pimples on my chin.
Finally upon much research, I decided to give the BRTC blemish balm a try. Thank heavens I did! The BRTC has a slightly creamy texture, which doesn't offend me. Surprisingly the colour is a perfect match for my skin, even though others have mentioned that it's quite pale/pinkish. I'm quite pale of for an asian so perhaps my skin is yellow with pink undertones. Best of all, I haven't broken out in one single pimple since using this product. I sometimes mix it with Etude House's Aura Nymph Volumer no.3 to give myself a more dewy glow and still haven't suffered any from any blemishes...yet that is.

If you have oily/comb skin, then I def recommend you try this but before you do, just google some of the reviews online so you will be able to get a good grasp of what the colour is like.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/1/2013 9:03:00 AM More reviews by winnster

I've been using this bb cream for a little under a month now and I can honestly say that its pretty good.

As an avid bb cream user and having tried many brands (over 15 at this point from brands ranging from skinfood, skn79, hanskin to missha and etud house), the brtc blemish recover balm is alright. It's not outstanding -- but it certainly isnt bad.

It has pretty good coverage, but its colour is really off. My uncle once noted while i had this on my face that it made me look sickly and that my complexion looked "off". That being said, if you apply too much it'll definitely look ghastly grey.

Its consistency is very tacky and thick. It is best worked into the skin with the warmth of your fingers. Not even a damp sponge or brush -- just fingers.

Why I really like this bb cream is all the medicinal properties to it. Upon testing it on my hand, I immediately smelled a strong scent of tea tree oil, which is known to improve acne. It's one of those products that you can put on your face and not worry about it causing or worsening breakouts. I initially bought this bb cream because my doctor prescribed an acne medication (Clindoxyl gel) that required SPF use daily. Instead of buying sunscreen, I decided to go for this because it would give me the coverage, healing properties and SPF that I desired.

In addition to all this, it has SPF, making it really great for everyday wear!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/22/2013 8:29:00 AM More reviews by theleia

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I bought this because I was desperate for something medicated to put on my irritated and breaking out skin.

First impression: Great coverage. Yes it's pink, and I am fairly yellow-toned, but when sheered out it is really not that bad. It has a more "blue" tone than pink actually.

Does it calm breakouts? I see some improvement, and there are no new breakouts or whiteheads. Definitely better than layering on foundation.

Finish: Glowy.
When layered over mattifying moisturizer, sunblock, and pore primer, covered with translucent powder: surprisingly does not stick well to the skin, and transfers easily. Especially in Singapore daytime.
When used alone on a bare face, however, it seems to adhere better to my skin, and sets to a non-sticky finish. Still has a glow that I don't mind.

I will use this for whenever my skin is acting up, and for non-makeup days when I just need to make short trips out.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/2/2013 12:13:00 AM More reviews by Choc0lat

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I use this whenever I have a crisis on my face. Either under powder that matches my skin color or mixed with a darker foundation. The best way is to used it like a concealer over trouble spots (in thicker layers) and spread it thinly over the rest of the face. It will not last by itself, and makes me looks like a ghost because my skin is rather tanned (naturally), so using some light powder to keep it in place will do. Dries up flareups, doesn't cause new ones but makes my skin a bit red, maybe due to the tea tree oil which my skin doesn't like. Not bad overall, wouldn't repurchase due to the extremely light shade of this.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/18/2013 11:00:00 AM More reviews by dangsusiQ

I loved this for winter! Definitely great coverage and made my skin look flawless.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/18/2013 5:53:00 AM More reviews by hanmu

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Okay this isn't going to be much of a review since I only managed to wear it once, but I thought I should issue a warning about just how pink this BB cream is. And I mean PINK. I'm your typical pasty white English person with neutral undertones so I figured I could get away with this, but nope! It's just unbelievably pink. I tried mixing it with a very yellow tinted moisturiser, and then used it as a base for a yellow-toned powder foundation but still the pink prevailed, rendering it totally unwearable. This has the best coverage of any BB cream I've used and didn't seem to irritate my skin at all (though if you're sensitive to tea tree oil you'll want to steer clear) so it's a shame I couldn't find a way to make it work. If you're thinking of buying this be sure to order some samples from eBay before purchasing the full sized product, that way you can see if it works for your skin tone or not!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 3/8/2013 11:22:00 PM More reviews by admilligan

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have very oily skin, and this product just seems greasy to me. While I do "sort of" like the coverage, my face feels like an oil slick as soon as I put this product on. Granted, I have very long days (16 hour days) and by the end of the day, I am exhausted and this product has disappeared. I really want to like this product. Any advice on how I can make it have a slightly more matte finish when I put it on?

rated 4 of 5 on 2/5/2013 4:10:00 AM More reviews by pinkcandii

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

Shade Reference: NC20-25 / Revlon Colorstay 150 Buff (approximately).

PROs: heavy coverage

CONs: very drying (as it is geared towards acne skin which is usually associated with oily skin), so dry skin girls like me need to proceed with caution as if your skin gets too dry, it too will break out.
- pink undertone