August 2, 2014 | 1649 users online

Moisturizers - L'Oreal - Age Perfect Hydra-Nutrition

rated 3 of 5 on 2/2/2013 1:01:00 PM More reviews by Avril14th

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Have spent $185 twice on Lancome Absolut Night Premium...no more. This is just as moisturing. I use this at night along with Youth Code dark spot corrector and then before foundation in morning, I use Youth code intense serum and youth code day cream. No need to spend all that money anymore. The serums work just as well as Lancome genefique and vissionaire in my opinion. I am not sure which of the serums cleared up my cystic acne on my chin but it has not been this clear since I stopped taking my prescription oracea. Lancome's serums did not even do this. Update 2/10/13: Beware, although it is as moisturizing as Lancome, my pores are so clogged after using for about a week. I still love the youth code serums and day cream though.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/11/2012 4:58:00 PM More reviews by alisha12

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Originally bought for neck & chest area which made almost immediate improvement! Feels wonderful also.
Then I started using it on my face. It's a little heavy, but if used sparingly it's a wonderful moisturizer. L'oreal calls it a balm which it is.
I would definitely recommend it for all of us older gals that still want to have great skin!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/28/2012 2:30:00 PM More reviews by gaudyclaudy

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I am 69 and have very dry skin. I live in an arid climate with very little humidity and my skin was especially dry throughout the winter. I love the way this product makes my skin feel and look. I've been using this for about two weeks and have noticed a big difference! The price is very reasonable compared to the higher end products too.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/21/2012 7:52:00 PM More reviews by indigold

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is my favorite drugstore moisturizer for my dry skin for wintertime. I LOVE the texture of this - rich, thick (for a moisturizer) but very spreadable. Doesn't leave me shiny, no issues with breakouts either. Only downside is a very noticeable perfumey scent, which doesn't bother my skin but might if you have sensitive skin... I'd prefer it unscented.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/25/2012 10:24:00 AM More reviews by drbrn_grl

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Bought this on a whim -- which I do way too often! My skin has been very dry this winter and despite the fact that I have combo skin, I really felt I needed something super moisturizing.

I have to say, I really like this. It's very thick and does seem to plump up my skin a bit immediately on contact. I've had a couple of persistent dry patches on my cheeks, which are now almost gone. In periods when I feel really dry, I'll use it night and day. The good thing is no breakouts.

This does not have a sunscreen, which is okay for me, because they usually make me break out. It has rather more fragrance than it needs; it's not horrible, but I know that will be a deal-breaker for some. I'd be very happy if this came in a no-fragrance version.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/27/2011 6:31:00 PM More reviews by MomColors

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

It does not hydrate my skin or moisturize it. I have been using it about 3 months.

If you are planning on buying I would not spend more than $7 on it.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/6/2010 6:34:00 AM More reviews by 3532472

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I bought this product based on the rave reviews on MUA and I was really hoping to love it. Unfortunately, I had to take it back the same day to the store. Just a little history about my skin. I am 41, pale with fine lines. I do however have nerve damage on my face and arms from living in Africa for a few years outside the Sahara. When I came back to the states last Spring I went to the dermatologist because my skin hurt all the time. He explained that I have permanently damaged the nerves in my face due to repeated sun exposure. Now, I have never been a tanner or laid out in the sun but it was unavoidable when I was overseas. And in 120 degree heat, your sunscreen melts off within minutes. The consistency of this cream was wonderful and it felt great for the first few minutes. Then I noticed a burning and when I looked in the mirror my skin looked like it had chemical burns all over it. I am still searching for the cream that will take away the burning and itching without making it worse. The only thing I can use with any success thus far is CeraVe, but I am open to any suggestions at all.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/16/2010 1:18:00 AM More reviews by desertdwellr

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

OMG! There really is something out there that helps my Retin-A parched skin, and doesn't make me break out. Also, I don't have to keep re-applying this, as is the case with other moisturizers. Once in the morning, and once at night. I bought this because of all the wonderful reviews here, and so glad I did. This is probably the best drugstore moisturizer for very dry skin, and it's better than most department store moisturizers, too. Yes, it is marketed for "Mature Skin" (now what does that really mean?), but it truly is an ultra moisturizing cream for very dry skin. I was very hesitant to try another product from the Age Perfect line after trying the cleanser, but I'm glad I did. I did so after reading the reviews here. If L'Oreal would put this in a tube, instead of a jar, then I would rate it higher. Edit 8/13/2010-I stopped using this and started using Avene TriXera creme, again. Normally fragranced products (this is highly fragranced) don't bother me, but I have very dry, and sensitive eyes, and this made my eyes water-A LOT. I stopped using this, and that problem quickly resolved it's self. I wouldn't purchase this again, but I would recommend it to a friend. If you do not like your skin products fragranced, then this is not for you.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/23/2010 1:40:00 PM More reviews by reilts

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love this moisturizer! This is miracle cream in a jar. I slather it on my face and neck and see more supple skin immediately! I couldn't believe the way my skin felt and looked the first time I used it. My skin is hyper-sensitive and dry. This product provides a level of moisture that stays all day. And, it doesn't cause hightened redness! There is a slight fragrance, but not too bad. If there could be one area to improve it would be to drop the fragrance.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/14/2010 12:06:00 PM More reviews by AmyVA

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

OMG - it just feels so good. I normally use L'Oreal Revitalift cream with SPF 15, but was having to apply it several times throughout the day because my skin would dry out so much in this winter weather, so I thought I would try this new release. I hate fragrance in face products, and my skin is very sensitive as well as very dry, so trying something new is always a crap shoot. I also realized that I would only use it as a secondary cream (since I need the SPF 15 if I will be outdoors) or at night. Luckily, I used coupons and fortunate store special and got it for a song, so it was a minor risk. Then, I tried it. I was in HEAVEN. It is very heavy - almost hard in the little pot it comes in. But it glides on and then sinks in and cushions and cradles your skin in this glorious moisture. Beware - if you do not like a slightly greasy feel (I notice if it gets in my hairline it makes my hair look a little greasy too) it may not be for you - but if you have dry tight skin that drives you crazy - this cream is magical. It lasts and lasts and feels so amazing...totally luxurious. I admit I get excited to put it on every day because it is so soothing and indulgent. The fragrance is slightly stronger than I prefer, but no headaches and it dissipates quickly. All in all this stuff is a winner. I have been using it for about 3 weeks now. I am a complete skeptic about any of these moisturizers changing the appearance of your skin long-term, but just the great hydration seems to have made my skin look healthier and smoother (I don't really have lines yet - only 35 years old.) Anyway, if you are debating...TRY IT. It is awesome!

7 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No