April 19, 2014 | 1792 users online

Lipstick - Jordana - Terra Cotta

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/7/2013 11:08:00 PM More reviews by Cindi33

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love this lipstick! I've gotten so many compliments on it already and I just picked this up last weekend at HEB. I think I paid about $1.50 for this little lipstick. I love Jordana eye liner pencils and so I thought I'd try some Jordana lip products. For the low cost, I just had to try out 3 pretty fall colors. This one called Terra Cotta is a nice creamy pumpkin spice shade. This is the perfect color for Autumn and it definitely works well on my fair skin too. This is a muted burnt orange leaning tan shade. This lipstick is a matte but all that means to me is no shimmer or shine. This goes on smoothly and easily. It isn't as moisturizing or soft and silky feeling as some others (Revlon Lip Butters) but it also is less than $2. This is easily comparable to a lot of my Maybelline, Rimmel London, and Max Factor lipsticks, and they were over $7. The pigment is good on this and I find myself reapplying this about every 3 hours which is about standard for most lip products. This is a lovely color for fall and it really looks good on me. I've use this for blush too and the color is perfect. My only complaint is that this does not swivel all the way down into the bottom and when recapping it is easy to damage the lipstick. I've already got a ding in it from recapping. But like I said for less than $2 this is a fantastic product and it's more than worth the cost. I'll get much more wear out of this than I paid for it. I'm sure glad I grabbed 3 shades to try. Bargain Beauty!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/4/2011 1:07:00 AM More reviews by jhonellej

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Amazing stuff. I've already given a general review of the Jordana matte lipsticks, but when I saw that Terra Cotta had its own reviews I had to throw my two cents in.

This color just brought my lips to life. It's terra cotta alright, but much less brick-y than I typically associate with terra cotta. It's got almost a hint of peach to it that warms up my lips. I can even wear it as an MLBB. Love it love it love it, and for less than $1.50 at my local dollar store, you know I'm stocking up asap!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/29/2010 5:33:00 PM More reviews by missthing303

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love this lipstick and have repurchased so many times over the last few years, I can't even remember how many. I always come back to it as my go-to rosy/corally-red. I'll have to upload a swatch because this color looks COMPLETELY different on me than in the photos posted in this review. I'm a PPP/cool to neutral undertones, dark brown hair and eyes. This color reads as a corally-red on me, with a slight shimmer that gives the color depth rather than sparkle (the way some Nars lipsticks are-like Flair, Le Petite Monstre etc). It looks similar to the photos posted of MAC Retro lustre lipstick on me, and I think the price and the preferable feel, texture and long-lasting quality makes the Jordana the superior lippie of the two. I find Terra Cotta quite buildable, meaning one swipe will give me a lipstain effect and a few swipes will give a more retro classic red lip effect. I also like to layer sheer pink shades over it to soften it a bit for day-my current favorite is Jane Kiss of Caramel. I get loads of compliments when I wear this combo.
I love Jordana lipsticks. I wish they had more shades that I could wear, but I love the ones I am able to wear so much; I find I reach for them more than any of my high-end lipsticks-and I have all the fancy brands, as well as all the ds brands. I like to try them all out-you just never know. These are a real "best-kept-secret" to me.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/9/2010 5:31:00 PM More reviews by BLUSHINGYAL

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm Hair: Blond, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Brown

Let me just say I love Jordana Mattes/Satin lipsticks, They are the same quality/scent as MAC lipsticks. But I loooove Terra Cotta! In the tube it kinda looks like an ugly orangey brown color, but on my lips especially with a lil gloss on top, it's heaven. Im MAC NC50ish(I would be NC47, if there was such a shade).

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/6/2010 6:52:00 PM More reviews by colorfulme

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

For reference: NW15-20, black hair, dark brown eyes.

First of all, let me just say that I normally never purchase anything with the name "terra cotta" in it. I believed that, being neutral-cool as I am, anything terracotta would clash horribly with my coloring. But for some strange reason I purchased this lipstick. I'm so glad I did. The color is gorgeous! In the tube the color looks rather boring, a berry-brown color with some very fine silver frost. On the lips the brown isn't so obvious, it's sort of just warms up the lipstick, making it such a pretty color, a warm reddish berry type of color. The frost is barely noticeable. I see this color looking great on redheads, but I also think anyone can wear it nicely. I'm neutral-cool and it looks very pretty on me. I like to wear it when I want some color on my lips but don't want to wear red or other darker lipsticks.

As usual, Jordana listicks are somewhat creamy, but I think it's best to use a lipbalm underneath. They are great quality lipsticks, come in a wide array of colors, have more lasting power than other, more creamier lipsticks and are also dirt cheap. The packaging is this cheap ugly thing, but at least the cap is clear making it easy to see the color.

Love this lipstick, would repurchase.