November 24, 2014 | 1946 users online

Eye Shadow - L.A. Colors - 5 Color Metallic Eyeshadow (all colors)

• Price: $

rated 3 of 5 on 5/12/2014 11:22:00 AM More reviews by mistressglamfairy

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have maybe 7 of these. a lot of the colors are VERY similar. I use these with a primer and a base for longevity. the colors are rather sheer, but can be built up to some degree. the price allows you to try them out without feeling too bad about it. I have also noticed a difference from one palette to the next in the colors. I was using and living the wildflowers palette, which ::) doggie got to, do I bought another. palette no. 1 was very pigmented and the colors blended better. palette no. 2 has a little more fall-out, and the shades were much more sheer. I ask planning on buying another, and hope it is like the 1st purchase.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/6/2014 10:39:00 PM More reviews by katautumn

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This review is for the Ammunition palette. This was a palette I purchased at Family Dollar for $1.25. The packaging reminds me a lot of Wet 'n Wild's. Black plastic with a clear plastic lid. Very simple. This palette includes a long, double-ended sponge tip applicator. There are five complimentary metallic shades in this palette that range from a soft shimmery white to a silvery lilac to a smokey dark grey/black. All of the colors are super pigmented. The darker shades require a very light hand, because they are so intense.

I like to use the lightest silver to line below my lower eyelashes. The lilac is a beautiful all over the lid shade. And the second to the last color creates a dramatic smokey eye when applied in the crease and blended out toward the outer corner of the lid.

This is such a gorgeous palette for the price point. My one, and only, complaint is the fallout. With this palette there is quite a bit of fallout, even after tapping the brush. I find this isn't a terrible problem if I wait to apply my face makeup last. That allows me to use a makeup remover cloth under my eyes and get rid of that glittery fallout.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/29/2014 6:52:00 PM More reviews by TheBirthdayMassacre

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

These palettes are meh to me. I have three of these, in Ammunition, Water World, and Wildflowers. I gave it an extra star just for being cruelty-free.

Thanks to not being tested on animals and the dirt cheap price, I can buy and mess with as many palettes as I want. The colors, especially the pinks in Wildflowers and the middle three shades in Water World, are gorgeous. They are decent in the pigmentation department, but they come across as sheerer to me. They do have the ability to be built up, but not by too much.

What really makes me not reach for these too often is that they don't last long. Even with a primer, it only lasts for a few hours.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/18/2013 8:51:00 AM More reviews by glamycakes2014

im doin this review for wildflowers. i really like these pallets but not wildflowers. it upsets me when i look at the colors in the packaging and theyre a certain color. but when i put them on theyre diffrent. what upset me the most about this pallet was theburgundy color. i was so happy to find it. then when i put it on it looked nothing like burgundy. it was a hot pink color. not my cup of tea. then i thought hey whatever ill.use the purple. grrr it was not as lavender as ithought it was. it was more like a hot pinky purple. definently not happy
the golden color was ok. it didnt really show up. im really not happy at all with this pallet.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/17/2012 5:53:00 PM More reviews by Azaelia11

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I have a couple of these palettes all in different colors and i love using them. they blend easy, they are vibrant and give you a nice splash of color. Yet they do seem to stay a lot longer when using an eye primer and if you wet your brush a bit before application it sticks a lot better and you don't get any fall-out. only thing i didn't like about this palette was the color of the yellow it's like a bright yet not-so bright mustard yellow color, i still used it, but not as often as the other colors. But again, for 3$ you get what you pay for.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/15/2012 9:22:00 PM More reviews by vadaaa

I have 4 of these palletes in Tease, Darling, Wildflowers, and Carnival. I've already posted reviews for Tease, Darling, and Carnival, but there isnt a review thread for Wildflowers. Wildflowers is very pretty. The yellow and orange are nothing new, as they are also in Tease. The red is VERY well pigmented.It's pretty. The burgundy colour is the absolute best in this product. It is so pigmented and very very very gorgeous. The purple is okay, just not as unique as some of the others! Very nice pallete, would definitely repurchase! :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/11/2011 10:04:00 PM More reviews by Christinaann5

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

oMg!! if you all havent tried at least one of these palettes- RUN TO THE STORE NOW! if you are a fan of say the CS Shimmer Palettes, then def pick these up- if you love great pigmented colorful shadows, pick these up! if you love affordable cheap cruelty free makeup-pick these up!!
I have around 7 of these palettes now & hope to one day own em all! i love each one so much. some more than others bc im a more neutral girl! so Tea Time, Desert Dune are at the top of my favs. Ammunition is def a great smoky palette! but i truly enjoy every single one, not one do i dislike!
PRICE/AVAILABILITY- this palettes will cost you around $1-3 depending on where you pick them up & area. I can purchase LA Colors 5 Color Metallic Palettes at Dollar General, Family Dollar, Cherry Culture, 5 Below, and some have said i think Wet Seal?
SHADE/FORMULA- overall, the shade selection is wonderful!! they have gorgeous bright pop colors or neutral & smoky shades. each palette has 5 coordinating shades that could be used together or each one seperately. Now all 5 shadows do have a metallic finish hence, the name but what i really love about these is that the further down in the shadow you get, the less shimmer is in it- i know the very top layer has a heavy shimmer to it but trust me, the further into the shadow, the less shimmer there is. they do end up having a sheen and less of a metallic. some shades do stay more metallic than others. i have made it pretty far into my 1st Metallic palette which is Tea Time- a great neutral palette that i reach for alot and most of them contain little to almost no shimmer to them the further down which i tend to like about it. but then some do keep the metallic sheen to them. the formula & pigmentation is amazing! These are all SO PIGMENTED!!! way better than alot of shadows ive tried- yes even better than my coastal scents palettes- im glad i didnt buy the metal mania palette bc these are way better and this way i can buy any shades i want. & i know theyll be even better! they are packed well, they apply to the skin wonderfully & the shadows themselves are super soft but not too soft since i have not experienced much fall out with these which is great! i love how soft these are!
PACKAGING- i love the simple packaging. its not the prettiest but its practical. they are a rectangular palette with a see thru hard plastic snap close lid w/ the LA COLORS logo and then on the gloss black back there is the labeling w/ shade name. i like how the shadows inside are on a glossy black square & the shadows themselves are round which are a little bigger than a dime probably closer to a nickel size. so you do get plenty of shadow bc the pan runs deep bc i thought they were a thin pan but ive used Tea Time for over a year quite a bit & havent hit pan on any of them. I may depot these at some point just to make room for my makeup & so that i have em all together so i may reach for them more often. ive seen a really cool tutorial on youtube on how to make your own palettes so i may just do that. i like the packaging. its sturdy & small enough to take with you & i took one w/ me on vacation & not one got broke or came loose. its sturdy hard plastic. it also comes with a double ended foam applicator which is pretty decent.

i will add pictures of the palettes i own & swatch them so people can see just how amazing these palettes are! i really love these palettes & wish more people would give em a shot- if you like the coastal scents palettes or shadows along those lines or just a eyeshadow/makeup collector/addict like myself- these are wonderful to own & use. i def put them to work. whats also great it that i use the neutral ones alot but also the more colorful ones i can use and buy without worrying about paying so much for a bright pink or blue shadow i may only use a few times that year these give you the opportunity to use colors like that. i will def repurchase over & over again. i hope LA COLORS never d/c's these & actually hope they bring out more & more- i hopefully will own all of them someday but i can only find a few around my area. i may have to order some online. i love these little guys! amazing!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/16/2011 5:14:00 PM More reviews by aharb013

I just bought my second of these palettes and I LOVE it! I had wine and roses (I think) and I love that one, and I just bought Mesmerize. It has a medium golden beige, a mid tone green purple and blue, and a gunmetal colour. They are all pigmented and awesomely shimmery without any glitter or chunks. They blend well and stay on well with a primer underneath too! ( I use elf mineral e/s primer). I love these palettes :) You should totally try them!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/16/2011 9:54:00 PM More reviews by cwinter

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

5 metallic eyeshadows in Tea Time. shimmers in light peach,sand,taupe,4th color looks really similiar to the 2nd one,a brown with purple undertones. My favorite combo is the first shade and last shade.throw away the foam brush. Cheap plasitic packaging. these eyeshadows are worth having in your collection.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/6/2011 2:37:00 PM More reviews by Suzy9797

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have a bunch of the 5 color palette and just recently bought the 50 (or something like that) palette at rite aid. though rite aid doesn't carry the line, it just sells this one item. and i LOVE it. i really may never buy expensive makeup again!!!
a note to those who say there is no lasting quality.. USE PRIMER!! primer is a beautiful thing. my fav right now is nyx in pearl white. i even soometimes uses nyxs milk pencil under the eyshadows to make them even brighter!
the colors are beautiful, most brands don't make the bright, bold ones. i really have no complaints!