October 25, 2014 | 1828 users online

Primer/ Corrector - L'Oreal - studio secrets - anti shine mattifying

rated 3 of 5 on 5/7/2013 10:26:00 AM More reviews by pk23

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is overall the favourite primer I have tried.
It does a good job at smoothing lines and pores creating a good base for my foundation. I also feel my make up stays on for longer with this.
In regards to mattifying, it does not completely do the job however having combination skin I'd imagine it doesn't assist the process. Overall I have seen a noticeable reduction in shine but by no means a complete change.
While I appreciate the pump the fluid is actually really thick and it can be hard to get a good sized amount of product in one pump it usually takes 2-3 for a full face.
The price is quite good value especially when on special.
I would most likely repurchase this again but will still look into other options.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/1/2013 7:35:00 AM More reviews by ilovepeterrabbit404

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

Not much to say, it doesn't do anything. Not a good base for make up.
Hard to find where I live. Doesn't mattify anything. Maybe its just me anyone have any tips about how I can make it work?

rated 2 of 5 on 8/25/2012 5:14:00 PM More reviews by Belle7x

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

In terms of giving my skin a matte look, it didn't really work well for me. It made my skin feel greasy and my make up still went shiny however it didn't break me out. The best thing I did was switch to a mineral powder foundation which was able to control oil and shine throughout the whole day.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/10/2011 4:06:00 PM More reviews by jemayhew

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I tend to have oily skin, particularly when wearing make-up, however this seems to help some what, Im thankful that it doesnt make me break out and produces a nice smooth surface for foundation to glide on.
Im not sure if it my expensive (Blackup) liquid foundation also helps prevent the oilies but I would purchase this again

rated 3 of 5 on 8/8/2011 6:58:00 PM More reviews by rosebud264

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Blue

Hmm. I'm a bit undecided about this primer. The packaging is nice and very hygienic, it makes my skin feel silky smooth and foundation does seem to glide over it easier, but I don't think it does too much in the way of oil control. It does help mattify a little, I guess, but I had expected more. I probably won't purchase again because of the price; it's $AU38 and the Benefit and YSL mattifying primers aren't too much more so I'll give them a go first.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/5/2011 11:53:00 AM More reviews by Alexa19

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This mattifies my skin better than any other primer I have tried. My skin gets so oily during the day and only this product helps with that issue. I used to have to blot several times a day. Within hours of applying my makeup I would be shiny. The L'Oreal primer isn't perfect but it holds off the oil for at least a good six+ hours. That's amazing for someone with my level of oiliness. Sometimes I even wear this primer on it's own with no makeup. It works just as well and you can't tell I have anything on my face as it dries to a clear finish.
The product is in a gel form and can tend to smell slightly waxy. Though this smell completely disappears after you have rubbed it into your skin (circular motions).
With a product from L'Oreal you would expect drugstore prices but the Studio Secret line is slightly more expensive than it's regular products. It is just over 10pounds in the UK to buy, which I think is a little too expensive but this has been my favourite mattifying primer for years now. I have repurchased at least 10+ times and will continue to do so for many years to come.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/21/2011 3:25:00 PM More reviews by NatashaBeth

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

It's ok... As far as controlling my oils, I do my makeup at 7a.m. and at 11a.m. my face is already oily, still looking for a better primer.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/3/2010 5:49:00 PM More reviews by Stella2010

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This is "ok".
It smoothes my skin enough as a base for my foundation.
But I have very oily skin which it controls it 'adequately' - not great.
I'm still on the search for a better primer.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/12/2010 More reviews by yeyi09

I totally love this product its amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!! I initially baught it for my mom and since she hardly wears makeup she gave it to me so i began to use it for under my eyes, since i have lines underneath my eyes i used it to fill inn those lines and it work amazing, not only does it fill them but it wont allow my concealer to cake up. So then i was in the experimenting mood and decided to apply it when i was really oily on my t-zone. And it worked it mattifyed my t-zone. Its amazing i jsut want to buy 100 of them.Thats how good

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/23/2010 5:43:00 AM More reviews by ns4487

I quite like this primer. I definately prefer the silicone base - other primers have just felt like glorified moisturisers. I use this with a moisturiser underneath, and I find it makes my foundation glide on smoothly. I can't really tell whether it makes my foundation last longer...i find my foundation lasts all day, but not sure this is because of the primer or my foundation, or just my skin type. The only negative is the price. It is a tiny tube, at a hefty AUS$49. Luckily I don't use it often - if I did, I couldnt afford to repurchase at that price!