The Body Shop Born Lippy - Cool Mint Lip Balm

3.4

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 2/22/2013 6:37:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

Every shop I go to it is discontinued!!
I love it, it was my go to lip balm when they were dry and chapped, and when I had a rash on my lips (yes a rash on my lips)
Leaves a really cool tingly feeling and tastes great. Could do with lasting a little longer though.

on 8/9/2012 11:42:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Cool

I use this every night before bed and I've finally finished it.
It's not cheap ($6-$8), but considering it's lasted me more than a year makes up for that.
This lip balm is WHITE and appears like that on your lips. This is why I wouldn't wear it in the daytime. It also had the irritating ability where it would leave white lines on your lips when it dried (making it seem as if you were dehydrated).
However, for my purposes it worked well. I've never really had chapped or flaky lips. It was a little more abrasive in how it feels than the other born lippy balms, but not to the extent of a lip scrub. And it hydrated my lips as well.
I went into TBS to buy another one, but discovered it was discontinued. Needless to say I was disappointed.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

The worst lip balm I've ever used since the Burt's Bees Beeswax, Carmax, and Love & Toast. It dries my lips and it has a horrible taste when a little bit goes into the mouth. Never again will I purchase the Born Lippy lip balms because of this one product.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

This is the first Born Lippy i got, i chose this because i wanted to have it before it got discontinued. It doesn't look great on my medium-dark pink lips but it smells better than any other mint lip product i've tried. There is a slight tingling sensation but not that intense.
I probably wouldnt repurchase for several reasons
a) because i cant its discontinued..
b) i doubt i'll ever finish it, i just dont love it enough
c) i have 4 others of these
so yeah haha a good product but kind of unnecessary :P

on 1/6/2010 1:46:00 AM

This is a delicious mint lip balm that normally runs $8 that I paid $1. I love bargains, especially from TBS. Not crazy about the lip pot, I really don't like digging into the container. However, for this cool mint sensation, it's well worth it. I think this has been discontinued ~ I found two unopened balms in my vanity storage drawer that I purchased late summer. If offered, I will buy this product again...

Popular Lip Treatments