November 26, 2014 | 1780 users online

Lips - Avon - Winter Treats lip balm (2009)

rated 1.0(1 review)

• Price: $

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/5/2010 7:37:00 PM More reviews by Missy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I received two of these from my mother-in-law as extras for Christmas. She knows I'm obsessed with lip balm! lol I got one that is butterscotch and one that is candy cane. They both smell exactly how they're supposed to, which is awesome. The butterscotch smells JUST like butterscotch candy! Mmmmm =) Anyway, that's where the good stuff ends. I started using these in place of my regular HG Vitamin E stick. The first time I stepped outside in one of these and looked in my rearview mirror, I was shocked to see that the butterscotch was yellow!!! It wasn't a slight tint, but a nasty, pasty yellow!! So, the next day, I wore the candy cane to my son's school where I volunteer one day a week. This one's a reddish hue, so I figure it would give me a healthy pink glow. We don't have any mirrors there and I pull my lipbalm out a few times to blindly reapply during the day....no big deal, BUT, I notice that people are staring at me kind of funny all day. I don't think much of it.....until I look at myself in my rearview mirror again before I pull out of the school parking lot. My lips are bright, almost NEON glowing pink!! I looked like the Barbie reject of the decade!!! Even though the moisturizing effects of this wears off, the color stays put, and the more color you add, the more opaque and intense it gets. Just to add a little insult to the "injury", after I wore these for a couple of days, my lips start peeling like crazy (they never do). I must have had an allergic reaction. Oh well, now I know to stay away from Avon lip products!