August 30, 2014 | 1126 users online

Deodorants - Florere - Vegan Deodorant

rated 3 of 5 on 6/10/2014 6:17:00 AM More reviews by Clickers

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

The best thing I've found that works 100% is getting an antiperspirant like http://www.peta.org/living/beauty/cruelty-free-deodorant/ and then you have to put crystal body deodorant on http://www.thecrystal.com/index.cfm

I've done this for the last year and for 3 days I do not smell or sweat! I have been using an antiperspirant which isn't vegan though (my mum gave me - I know not good!) so I'm now going to try the vegan ones but I'm sure it will work just the same. The trick is to use both. The crystal deodorant says it lasts a year but I've had it for a year and a half 'cause I've only needed to apply it every three days. As long as you use them together - the antiperspirant with the crystal - you will have three days protection, it has saved my life! no more awkward embarrassment, no more having to keep a distance and I don't have to buy new clothes all the time from sweat marks that I couldn't stop!

Also make sure with the crystal deodorant that you wet it completely (will not work when dry or a bit damp) and make sure you rub it in properly and enough. It dries quick and not sticky at all.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/18/2012 8:02:00 AM More reviews by Jaychra

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

This stuff is great, the best natural deo I've found. Smells nice, feels good on my skin, and lasts pretty well. But, I do need the aluminiums for really hot or active days. It's a more mild a/p than heavy aluminiums, isn'tquite as bulletproof as speed sticks or lynx dry - but a much more beneficial formula.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/26/2012 9:24:00 PM More reviews by ishhara

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've found both this product and Soapwalla's natural deodorant to be very impressive. I'd recommend either. Which you prefer would be based on personal preference since both work very well.

I own the cream version of this deodorant. If you've used Soapwalla's cream before, you'll find that Florere is a drier, harder cream that can be a little bit difficult to manipulate. The scent is also a little different since they use different essential oils.

Once on, the product lasts quite some time for me -- at least a full day. The herbal smell fades after ~15 minutes and my underarms just smell like "nothing" all day, even when it's hot and humid out and I've been active. For reference, I live in the Northeast so my summers aren't as hellish as the Deep South, but it still gets to be quite warm with high humidity. So far this summer, I haven't once noticed that I smell bad, even after a kayaking excursion.

As with Soapwalla, Florere won't keep you completely dry. It doesn't stop you from sweating. The cream will soak up some sweat, but not all. However, I've only ever felt damp under my arms and nothing worse than that. After discovering these two products, I'm never going back to the regular deodorant/antiperspirants with sketchy chemical ingredients.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/5/2012 11:00:00 PM More reviews by annapcs

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This deodorant is amazing!!
I was about to go back to regular deodorants when I found it, because I wasn't having a lot of luck with other brands. This is a Godsend. Love the packaging (i have the cream one) , love the smell, love the consistency, everything!! It truly works, and it helps keep me dry all day (even though I wasn't expecting it to!)

Update: it gave me a really bad rash and I had to stop using it :(

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/27/2011 1:58:00 AM More reviews by surferchick2

Age: Unknown Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love this vegan deodorant! I happen to be visiting Karmavore in Vancouver when I see this deodorant I hadn't seen or heard of before. The ingredients seem like nothing out of the ordinary, but never in this combination. I never look at a list of ingredients and say, "oh it's nothing special"...the specific combination and how it's formulated can make a huge difference in terms of effectiveness even if the ingredients dont look 'special'. It not only has soothing and odor killing properties, but its absorbent as well. Im so glad I took my chances...it works amazingly well, better than any natural stick I've tried, vegan or vegetarian. I've tried so many because I've always relied on nasty aluminum to keep me dry, and I was not giving up on finding a safer method. On 14 hour days, I'll circle it with a zinc stick for precautionary reasons (the aluminum sticks weren't completely effective then either), but I find I don't need to 90 percent of the time. Plus, theres absolutely no residue. I use the stick form rather than cream since I'd rather not use my fingers to spread it. Before giving up and going back to antiperspirants that either test on animals or use unsafe ingredients, it's worth trying this. I think its obscure because it's a small company that doesn't manufacture a huge line of products that are on the mainstream market. They only have 3-4 products, which I like also. I've tried: Tom's, Lavilin, Soapwalla, Crystal (different varieties, rock & spray), and non-aluminum sticks. The other other one that works is NOW, but Im not thrilled about how hard it is to remove the zinc. I noticed "harder" creams work better to keep me dry than creamier which is why Florere wins over Soapwalla (although they're similar, and i like that Florere's fragrance is alot milder), and Now wins over Lavilin even though they're both high zinc forumlas.

Stick ingredients: Hydrating and protective cocoa (theobrama cacao) butter. Soothing unrefined Shea (Butyrospermum parkii) butter - Naturally occurring earth mineral deodorizer - sodium bicarbonate. Derived from dried corn kernels - cornstarch - soothes and freshens. Palm tree (copernica cerifera) wax - hand milled and naturally processed. Coconut (cocos nucifera) oil - moisturizing and restorative. Essential oils of lavender (lavandula augustifolia), (salvia sclarea) clary sage. Tincture of lemon balm, lavender flowers and ecologically wildharvested benzoin (healing, antioxidant, and preservative.); and nothing else.

Cream ingredients: Soothing unrefined Shea (Butyrospermum parkii) butter - Naturally occurring earth mineral deodorizer - sodium bicarbonate. Derived from dried corn kernels - cornstarch - soothes and freshens. Hydrating and protective cocoa (theobrama cacao) butter, coconut (cocos nucifera) oil - moisturizing and restorative. Essential oils of lavender (lavandula augustifolia), (salvia sclarea) clary sage. Tincture of lemon balm, lavender flowers and ecologically wildharvested benzoin (healing, antioxidant, and preservative.); and nothing else.

*update* I purchased the cream version also...it's the bomb. I might work even better than this and the main difference is unrefined shea butter as the main ingredient. However, I still prefer the stick when traveling and prefer not to use my fingers, but there is a little spatula also. For those who haven't found a natural deodorant that works, I'd encourage you to try this. Its at a few retailers, and I found it in seattle for only 6.99. It lasts a long time.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/25/2010 9:53:00 PM More reviews by ppkisarocks

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

The Florere deodorant is the best one by far it's old school ingredients but totally works. I'ts like I can sweat and still smell like me but just not stink somehow. It's not really super scented either which I personally really like, it just lets me smell like me, only better.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/20/2010 4:46:00 PM More reviews by loveorganics

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

i love this deodorant to death! after years of trying every 'natural' deodorant and having them not work, i really didn't think i'd ever find one that did - this one totally works and i swear after using it for a few months i'm not sweating as much. 5***** to Florere for finally making a natural deodorant that works!