December 18, 2014 | 1640 users online

Lipstick - Maybelline - color sensational - coral fire

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 11/8/2012 5:16:00 AM More reviews by electrikitty

I had been looking for a coral lipstick for ages when I came upon this one. It's a lot more red than I expected and not quite what I'd call 'coral' but I still love the colour. The main reason why I bought it was because it was cheap and I was in a rush but you get what you pay for I guess. Despite the pretty colour, the texture is a little waxy and thin. You can't build up the opacity very easily and it feels very *grainy*. Although it's quite creamy, it seriously does feel like I went to the beach whenever I rub my lips together. All in all, I would still buy it again in a pinch.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/14/2011 8:13:00 AM More reviews by luckylouie

On me this is a light warm brick red, not really coral at all. But I don't care, I've found my HG daytime red lipstick. Something that warms my face, looks sexy but not so bright that it takes over. This is the colour I would have in my handbag all the time, the sort of lipstick that would go with nearly all my clothes. I'm really happy I found it, so thank you to the other reviewers, they helped me find it. The only thing I don't like about the Maybelline Colour Sensational lipsticks is the packaging which is really big and clunky. but I'll overlook it anyway.
Edit: I'm completely downgrading my review based on the fact that this lipstick has a very waxy texture and no staying power. I've also found it's difficult to get a even layer of colour, mainly due to the waxy texture. At first I thought it might have been because the lippie was new, but after using it for a couple of weeks, and even wiping the top of the lippie with a tissue to remove any waxy coating, I still can't get a good layer of colour. I'm also sick of having my lips smell like vanilla, at my age I don't need to smell like I'm using a chapstick designed for teenagers.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/20/2011 12:30:00 PM More reviews by lieveheersbeest

This lipstick is amazing. I've been searching for the perfect red forever, and this is it absolutely! It matches my skin tone, because I have medium skin and lipsticks with blue undertones make me look a little washed out, but this warm lipstick with a yellow/brick undertone just suits me perfectly. It doesn't even look coral on me, it looks very red - yet when my mother tried it on, who is a blonde and has a lighter skin colour, it looked very coral. (But this might be because my lips are naturally dark.)
Besides all this it's moisturising and it lasts for a long time. I absolutely love this product! I have definitely found my perfect red.

Seriously, I reccommend it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/5/2010 7:11:00 AM More reviews by mu5icbtch

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

I'm in love with this lipstick. I've searched high and low for several years trying to find the perfect red lippy to no avail. I've tried MAC, Clinique, Rimmel, L'Oreal etc...and have been unsuccessful each time. I'm so glad I found this one from Maybelline!

First off, packaging is good. It's simple yet womanly. I don't care much about packaging but it's practical and doesn't look ugly, so thumbs up for that.

I'm an NC40-44 / tan skinned / yellow undertoned and this lippy works perfectly for me. It is true to the name - a slightly coralish red. Not too bright, not too dark. The texture is smooth and silky and doesn't show up any flakyness on my lips, it's very moisturizing without being overly shiny or glossy. Lasting power is good for a DS moisturizing lippy...

I think I've found my HG red lipstick and would definately repurchase!