July 31, 2014 | 2050 users online

Polishes - China Glaze - Dorothy Who?

rated 5 of 5 on 1/27/2014 6:45:00 PM More reviews by diamandis

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This color is so sparkly and vibrant that it cannot be done justice in photos. For applying this polish (and others for the Wizard Ooh Aah collection) Start of with a thin first coat and then a thick second coat. "Dorothy Who?" is such an original color, and none of the dupes that I know of can't even compare.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/19/2014 11:07:00 PM More reviews by sprite26

Glittery blue stunner- ChG's Dorothy Who is fun and gorgeous and eye-catching. I like this so much better than OPI's Absolutely Alice and Swimsuit...Nailed It.
This blue jelly polish is a shade of royal with a hint of turquoise with loads of bright blue microglitter. Opaque in two coats, no problems with application or wear. I have to admit that China Glaze isn't my favorite brand but Dorothy Who is truly a stand-out (along with Ruby Pumps which I highly recommend) and I'd buy it again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/20/2013 10:39:00 PM More reviews by bonniherself

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This polish was originally part of a limited edition collection, "Wizard of Ooh Aaz" and for a while was impossible to find. Then the collection was re-released as "Wizard of Ooh Aaz Returns", but I still had a hard time finding this one. Recently (second quarter of 2013) I found it at one of my favourite online sellers and grabbed it, because it had been on my list of polishes to get for so long. Once I received it and tried it, I had to place another order to grab a second bottle as a backup and in case China Glaze decides to make this gorgeous polish impossible to find again. That's how much I love this.

Note that the current formula of the re-release is different from the original. As I haven't got the original, I can't say what differences there are between them, but if you Google around a bit, there are some "then and now" comparisons if you're interested.

This is a medium-to-electric cool blue, with an almost aquamarine kind of colour vibe. It's a jelly base filled with bright, sparkly blue glitter, and it's truly gorgeous. It works well with my very pale, cool-toned complexion, as well, and, happily, does not call undue attention to the visible blue veins in my hands (which a lot of blue polishes can do).

Because of the jelly base, the first coat is thin and streaky. The second coat will even it out. If you want full, perfect opacity, you'll probably need three coats, or, as I prefer, wear two coats of this over a blue base (I like OPI Dating a Royal for that, but most medium blue will work).

This polish is the blue cousin of the gorgeous red Ruby Slippers and the purple C-C-Courage, both from the same collection (though C-C-Courage isn't as sparkly).

And, unlike most glitter polishes, this doesn't have a gritty surface, nor is difficult to remove. Bonus!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/1/2013 11:40:00 PM More reviews by LightPink

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

So Beautiful! I love the blue and silver glitter effect in this blue color polish. I first applied China Glaze First & Last (base/top coat) then a few coats of this polish and First & Last on over the polish then a few days later applied First & Last again to make it appear a little shiner. I received many compliments about this pretty polish too. I love looking at this the most out in the sun! This polish lasted a whole week! I did get a tiny chip on day 5 or 6 but that was my fault for the most part. Removal of glitter is so annoying! But I used Onyx Professional: Nail Polish Remover Maximum Strength 100% Pure Acetone with a small piece of felt fabric and it wasn't that bad and this polish is just too pretty so I will go through the glitter removal process again in the near future anyway. I hope to find more extra pretty glitter polishes like this from China Glaze!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/13/2012 1:43:00 PM More reviews by spaghetina

Dorothy Who? is sparkly blue at its very best. In low light, it shimmers and glistens with every twist and turn of your hand. In the sun, it will blow your mind. I layered it over ChG First Mate, and I loved it. Would I buy it again? Heck yeah, I would!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/28/2012 1:23:00 AM More reviews by calbabe96

This color is absolutely stunning... The glitter in this is so amazing, I cant stop staring at my toes right now haha. I would definitely recommend this and the name is super cute.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/9/2012 3:03:00 PM More reviews by gcicero

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

So i bought this over a year ago and I just tried. I feel like I wasted that last year that I could've been enjoying this awesomeness. I have OPI Absolutely Alice so I wasn't super excited to try this (probably what took so long) they're VERY different on. This has a mirror shine ( i never really knew what those nail bloggers were talking about before this polish) and that's BEFORE i put on a TC. Pictures do NOT do this justice. Must be swatched and seen with your own eyes to be believed. It is sooo beautiful.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/17/2012 2:37:00 PM More reviews by UTdaisy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I mean, really? Electric blue polish with electric blue glitter? What could be cooler than that?! This is a shade I really like and I feel is very unique. It's a super-fun color for summer toes and if you don't have it, I'd urge you to give it a try. It seems to be pretty easy to find at Sally's and they often have a sale on China Glaze, which makes these inexpensive polishes even more reasonably priced.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/25/2012 4:38:00 PM More reviews by PanAm

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

One of my favourite polish colours. Thats a tough feat.
I'm a China Glaze junkie, their quality is impeccable. Only place I think that quality is different from drugstores is with polish.
Anyways, the colour is gorgeous. It is a very real, deep, jaw dropping blue. The glitter just catches your eyes. Plus, the name, Dorothy Who? makes me smile because it is just so punny and cute.
It's a great coloured polish to go for. Do it. You will not regret it.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/19/2012 8:41:00 PM More reviews by Ragw33d

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

God I put this on today for the first time in a while today, and hot damn its a beautiful color. I had forgotten how lovely it is. Its really hard to take off, so I put a dark blue normal polish under it, and just use this as a glitter top coat to minimize annoyance in taking it off. =)