November 24, 2014 | 1145 users online

Hair Color - Amphigory - Special Effects in Virgin Rose

rated 5 of 5 on 11/15/2014 4:38:00 PM More reviews by Kimmacious

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Great, bright fuchsia shade. Dyes evenly, lasts for months if you apply it to bleached hair, eventually fades into a pretty light pink. Potential drawback for some is that this will probably stain your bleached hair permanently. I've bleached over this dye and just ended up with light pink hair, so beware of that if you are planning on eventually going back to bleached out blonde or something. Great if you're looking for a good, long-lasting bright pink.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/4/2012 4:50:00 AM More reviews by miafrush

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This a great Azalia shade that is incredibly bright and fades very nicely. The squeeze bottle with pop open cap is nice and handy. My main problem with special effects is the fact that it stains skin, counters, facrics, sinks etc. so much. This makes it a hassle to dye my hair and even after shampooing alot it bleeds and stains everything. Their color selection is great and it is cruelty free but I wont use it anymore due to the mess it makes.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/8/2011 9:25:00 PM More reviews by Angelbones

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

GORGEOUS color. I mean it. I've had my hair this color about four times and it is probably my favorite. It starts as a deep magenta, fades to a bright magenta, and then fades into several shades of pink over time. Months after dying my hair with this, my hair was still stained a bright baby pink. This is really a stunning purpley-pink color with serious staying power.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/22/2011 8:34:00 PM More reviews by XsqueegeeX

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This was one of the most versatile sfx hair colors that I've ever used! I was able to create so many different shades with it. :) Whenever I wanted a hot pink, or even a baby pink, I would use thick conditioners (any will do as long as they're not too drippy) as a base and add the virgin rose until it was the color I wanted (GREAT way to save money. I always buy darker colors than what I want to have on my hair and do this; it saves so much hair color!) It would also keep me entertained as it faded because the color is so rich that it won't leave patchy spots.
I must say tho, don't use these types of colors if you're not willing to work really hard at maintaining them and everything you come in contact with! It's been over a year since I change to a different color and I still have stained shirts, pillow cases, grout, appliances, etc. Remember, the richer the color, the stronger the pigments.
Over all, I'm still totally in love with virgin rose :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/17/2010 12:51:00 PM More reviews by colleen_co

This is one of my top 3 colors. It starts as a deep magenta color that could look like a pinkish purple or a dark pink. As it fades out it actually gets to be a bright dark pink shade, which is one of the reasons why I love it so much. It looks absolutely awesome next to black hair. As the other reviewers said it can make a mess when applying it and also on towels and pillow cases, etc. That's the price ya pay for having wacky colored hair I guess. I love it though!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/23/2010 4:12:00 PM More reviews by LadyMedb

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This is a bright yet deep raspberry color, and you don't really have to bleach to make it show up, so long as your hair isn't super-dark. Of course, bleaching makes it last longer than the 2 or so weeks it remains bright (it does stick around longer, as the previous reviewer noted - just not with the same oomph) on non-damaged hair, but reapplication isn't such a big deal with this one because it doesn't stain everything in sight like a lot of the other more color-rich Special Effects shades.

This is a nice alternative to my usual Deep Purple when I'm feeling vivid and summery. :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/4/2010 4:01:00 PM More reviews by girlndocs

This is seriously good stuff. The color is saturated, intense, and gorgeous even over unbleached medium-brown hair. It lasts and lasts -- in fact, leaving it in overnight and applying heat resulted in a permanent stain to my hair.

It does rub off and run some when it's fresh, like every vivid semi-permanent color; it runs, rubs and fades much less than red-based Manic Panic shades and slightly less in my experience than the similar Fuchsia Fatale shade by Raw Color (at Hot Topic).