August 31, 2014 | 1314 users online

Hair Treatments - Live Clean - Argan Oil

rated 1 of 5 on 6/8/2014 3:13:00 AM More reviews by godute666

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

this is the worst thing i have ever tried! I love the Live Clean line, but this i hated. its nor even an oil, its stiky :/ and makes hair so dry...

rated 1 of 5 on 8/24/2013 7:03:00 PM More reviews by idmanm

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This product lathers and feels like a crappy conditioner. Don't understand how this is argan oil? Didn't know oils lather. Whether I put this on dry hair or damp hair it feels like soap. It has this gross consistency and makes me want to wash it out as soon as I use it. This product just really pjssed me off lol.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/29/2013 12:42:00 PM More reviews by RosesRoses

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This product really didn't do it for me. I followed the instructions, and used 2 drops on my just-out-of-the-shower hair. I found my hands were sticky afterwards, which was a little weird, since this is an oil-based treatment. When I rinsed it off my hands, it almost had a soapy texture. Strange, but I was willing to wait and see results.

I have thin, fairly light hair. If I put in too much product, my hair gets stringy and clumpy really fast, and it's immediately noticeable. That's what happened with this product. It made my hair look grungy, sort of what it would like if I hadn't showered in a few days.

Curious, I went online to read some reviews. A few bloggers mentioned that the ingredient list on this product was unrepresentative. Listing 'water with argan oil, olive oil, etc' makes it impossible to estimate exactly how much of each of these oils is present in the treatment. Furthermore, the next main ingredient is sorbitol, which is a sugar-based alcohol. On a few long-hair forums, it's described as moisturizing, but I attribute the stickiness to the sugar as well.

Overall, this product works in a way very different than advertised. Instead of being moisturizing, it seems to have a lot of hold. That's probably great for people with curly, thick, or coarse hair, but it can easily overwhelm the texture of finer hair. I was prepared to give it a 3/5, but the ingredient list put me off a little too. I know that real argan oil is incredibly expensive, and I wasn't expecting miracles, but I'd be much happier if this brand just listed its ingredients in an order that actually reflects their concentration in the product.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/9/2013 4:29:00 PM More reviews by arisibelle

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Grey

I don't know what the heck this stuff is, but it's definitely not "pure argan oil". It lathers! What the heck! It's more like hair gel than oil. It's clear where any oil I know of is colored. Argan oil is a pale gold and olive oil (which is in this product!) is green. Don't buy this. It goes on sticky, is a pain to get out, and just makes hair greasy even if you only use a tiny amount.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/31/2013 2:03:00 PM More reviews by sinful

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Hated the consistency, doesn't feel like a true argan oil. Felt like hair gel. I appreicate the all natural approach, no sulphites, etc. but did not get the results I expected. Made my hair clump and stick together, weighed it down. May work for some, but if you are looking for a fast absorbing, moisturizing, OIL, that can work with both wet/dry hair... this is not for you. Defintely will not purchase again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/16/2012 7:16:00 PM More reviews by viennah

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

So few products actually make a difference in my hair, but luckily this one actually works! It helps my hair dry faster and smoother with less frizz, and its silicone free! Kinda has a weird texture at first, almost like a light gel, but it spreads nicely through wet hair ad a little goes a very long way. I use it on my ends and work my way up a little bit. I really like it.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/4/2012 9:21:00 PM More reviews by purploscity

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I do not know why this has such poor reviews. I put this in my hair while it is damp, and then let it air dry. My hair has improved SO MUCH! I am trying to grow my hair natural and strong without styling or dying it, and this is really helping. It leaves my hair silky and soft, this is probably the best it has ever been. However, I would like to try Morroccan oil when I am finished this bottle, because I think argan oil is probably a cheaper and slightly less effective version of that.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/13/2012 6:53:00 AM More reviews by thylane89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I bought this because it was the cheapest argan oil on the market and it is all natural. I have thick frizzy wavy hair. After shower i used it on my damp hair and nothing changed.. Later i put some on the dried hair, still no good result... If you have thick frizzy stiff wavy hair, this does not help !

rated 1 of 5 on 10/5/2012 5:49:00 PM More reviews by cattitude

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

Complete and utter crap. Do not waste your money. This product feels nothing like an oil or serum- it's a sticky gel that makes your hair feel gross. (No, I did not over-apply it. Yes, I tried it on wet and damp hair. Don't feel personally offended because it did not work on MY hair!)

rated 5 of 5 on 8/27/2012 1:36:00 PM More reviews by butterfly210

Just bought this stuff since I started using only silicone and sulphate free products about 7 months ago...which led me to the live clean live (love it). I have long straight hair with some damage to the ends. I just bought this and applied a TINY drop to the bottoms of my hair dry (rubbed all over my palms first to apply evenly and LOVE the results. I have shiny ends without any greasiness they look much healthier. I can't wait to try it with wet hair but have a feeling already that I will be a fan. I have very oily hair so wouldn't dream of putting this near the scalp but when your hair is long the ends still remain dry and I think this will be great. As other reviews have said...I think using too much would be a disaster but just the right amount and it worked wonders even on my dry hair.