Davines Nourishing Vegetarian Miracle

4.4

on 11/12/2013 8:49:00 PM

This product is wonderful for my hair in this desert climate. The very best product for dry hair I have tried--but follow the directions and leave it in your hair. I wrap my head in a towel for 30 minutes and then rinse. I would definitely buy again. Price isn't so high if you look on Amazon.

on 3/21/2013 1:55:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

HG!!!!! I just went thru 10 different deep conditioners to find the perfect one! This product just turned my seriously DRY and DAMAGED hair (from bad color job) into silk!!!! My hair is better than it has ever been! Im officially hooked on Davines!!!!!

on 4/1/2012 10:11:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have never had great hair. It is very very fine, sort of curly and frizzy. It has also been short for almost 8 years because it will NOT grow. I mean, I see roots but there is never any measurable lengthening.

I had grown so envious of the long locks on the women I see walking to and from work that I decided, no matter the cost I am going to fix my hair. I dedicated myself to it. I walked straight into the nearest salon and started asking about protein treatments. It was the one thing I had never tried for my hair. She suggested Davines "Vegetarian Miracle" and went on to tell me that it saved her hair after going blonde. She had BEAUTIFUL long hair that you only see in disney movies! Needless to say, I believed in her suggestion and spilled the 40 canadian dollars out of my wallet. On the way home I pleaded to the heavens for this product to work. I was at the point that I was almost embarrassed of my hair every single day. I would watch my boyfriends heart sink every time I had to get another trim due to constant damage. He and I both love the look of long hair.

When I got home I quickly dis-robed and jumped in the shower to wash my hair. After I washed I slathered a generous amount of this product all over my hair and waiting about 20 minutes to wash it off. I also applied heat for a few minutes to encourage the hair to soak up the protein. I applied a deep conditioner from LUSH after to replenish my hair. (Moisture is a MUST after protein) Then I blow dried.

My hair has never looked this sleek, thick, shiny and glossy in all my adult years. I couldn't believe that i had suffered for YEARS not knowing about the benefits of protein. I grew very resentful of my best friend and hairdresser for NEVER telling me that this was what my hair truly needed. She was a professional! Why did she not encourage this! I forgave her of course HAHA!

I am using the treatment once a week and my hair is tuff as nails and growing strongly. I have invested in other products containing protein such as Joico K-Pak Styling Foam and this is truly a devine product as well!
It will take a long time to forgive myself for doing this sooner.

on 4/20/2010 4:29:00 AM

This treatment is one of the hair treatments out there that really worked !!

I got mine in the 1L bottle, yes it was craaazzyy expensive considering it's only a hair product, but I believed that it repairs the hair from WITHIN, and not only temporarily beautifies it.

Texture wise, it somewhat looked like mayanaise, but ofcourse not as oily. It has no fragrance, and contained wheatgerm and avacado to nourish the hair. Upon leaving it on my hair for 15-20 mins, my hair was bouncier, LIGHTER, yes lighter..... and it just made my hair look like I have a good hairday everyday.

I used to use it 2-3 times/week and I could definetely tell the difference it made. Ofcourse the only downside to this product is that its really expensive, not many people are willing to pay for it (plus, not that it comes in a fancy bottle or sth).

on 1/4/2010 9:18:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

I wrote "no" for repurchasing, but only for the price. For 200 ml, this stuff is crazy expensive, so my hair would have had to be left feeling like silk for me to buy this again, although I do love and repurchase Davines other conditioners. I bought this based on a raving review in Allure awhile back. Comes in a jar for its thick consistency, very nice-smelling, definitely not floral or fruity, kinda clean, but with an underlying "medicinal" smell, not bad though. I did like this product, it did a very nice job of moisturizing my dry, hilited, curly/wavy hair, but, back to the price, with the amount of conditioner I use to glop on my hair, I can't justify spending this much on such a small amount of product.