November 26, 2014 | 1743 users online

Masks - Daiso-Charcoal Mask

image 0image 1image 2

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 9/4/2014 8:58:00 AM More reviews by letterboxcat

bought this on ebay for around $5 AUD and I'll be buying more when I run out! As the general consensus seems to be: beauty is pain. seriously. So much pain. The mask is a thick, black consistency and you really need to apply two to three layers to create an optimal 'peel'. The mask dries hard and any facial movements are painful (NOTE: DO NOT SNEEZE!!). The mask grabs on to every tiny little peach fuzz of a hair on your face and holds on to it for dear life. Peeling is made painful by this factor but if you do it quickly it's not so bad. it will leave a small amount of dry residue around the outskirts of your face; just wipe off with toner/oil. I finish by toning and moisturizing and my skin feels phenomenally softer! (probably because I've ripped off the first 3 layers of my epidermis! ) I use this once a week on my 'pamper night'

rated 1 of 5 on 7/17/2014 7:08:00 AM More reviews by MonsterMeow

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

It gave me an allergic reaction - red and swollen all over the face and it felt a little itchy. Never again...........

rated 5 of 5 on 7/12/2014 3:43:00 PM More reviews by Bleaden

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I just received this product yesterday, but I love it so far.
I have really bad white heads on my nose, the corners of my mouth, and my chin. I would always have to scrub them out. I decided to stop because
1. It hurt.
2. I could never get them all out and the ones I did get out would come back the next day.

I cleaned my face with the Daiso Cleansing Cream and then used this.
I don't think I put on as much as I was supposed to. A lot of product needs to be used to get an even, solid, black coating. It still worked well.

Because I didn't put on a thick enough layer, I was unable to pull it off in one piece and couldn't really observed what it picked up. But I looked at my nose and didn't see any white heads on the part I actually covered correctly. Just make sure that you don't miss any areas. I completely forgot to get under my nose (around the nostrils) and the edges of the mask slightly pulled the white heads up without pulling them out. Pulling off the mask didn't hurt. Today, I still don't have the white heads. I'm very happy that I found this.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/1/2014 9:09:00 AM More reviews by Cherrybello

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Black

First words: Beauty is PAIN.
I love this mask, I would only use this while I am alone, because if you laugh, speak, chew food/gum, or do anything else that involves facial movement (yes, you can blink...), this wouldn't work as well. I love Biore nose strips too, but they cover such small area, so why not do the whole face? Remove white stuff from your pores AND facial hair in one go? Bonus! Make up goes on so much more smoothly when you have less/no facial hair, so I really don't know why some girls are complaining about it ripping out facial hair... come on, I don't know any girl who wouldn't mind not having hair on their upper lip!

Cons? It takes a LOT of product for it to work properly, and as a result, it takes a long time to dry, plus it sort of gets pulled down by gravity over time... so I would wash face, exfoliate, towel dry... and then put on a thin layer first, then layer up in about 2 minutes to cover the spots where you can see them. It's real sticky as well, it ends up everywhere, so a mask/pack brush is recommended. Other than that, I really don't have complain about this. It's cheap, works well, does 2 things at a time. The only reason why I don't use it more often is because of the time it takes to dry, which is why I took off the 1 lippie. I personally wouldn't put anything Made in China on my face, but this is not. So I say, go ahead and try it.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/8/2014 6:30:00 PM More reviews by charmaineloves

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm on my second bottle and this stuff works. For the price you pay($1.50), it's so much better than a lot of expensive products, such as the boscia black mask. This stuff is the same and extracts more whiteheads. I know a lot of people hate this because of how much it hurts, but guys, beauty is pain - I think it's worth it. Some may dislike this because they don't know how to use it, the secret to making this work is that you have to apply a thick layer, like very very thick, until you can't see any skin, and let it dry completely. Do not peel it off when it's wet, and peel it off from the bottom because if you do it from the top it's more likely to get wrinkles. I love it, and will definitely repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/22/2013 8:14:00 AM More reviews by Peskypixie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Not sure why I waited so long to try this. I have super oily skin. Sebum production has reduced with a change in Rx, regular moisturizing and hydration.

It's pretty much a better performing budget version of Boscia's Luminizing Black Mask (too little benefit for too much $$). I've also been able to compare it to the Shills Super Magnetic Attraction Mask (the blue one). That's been described as either awesome or evil depending on your skin type... it was pretty much on par with the Diaso mask for me.

This works really well in conjunction with a chemical exfoliant to remove sebaceous filaments and improve skin texture.

My process is: wash skin with cleansing oil to get things moving a bit, clean off with normal cleanser. Use a chemical exfoliant that's not too harsh (but also not hydrating as in the Caudalie peel- currently using Philosophy Microdelivery) according to instructions. Rinse / dry skin. Allow skin to COMPLETELY dry before applying mask. With ring finger lightly begin tracing and filling in area for mask. I move around a lot, and jump from spot to spot. Because my pores are huge this likes to settle. You need a thick layer, but to tackle those pores I need to let the mask partially dry and recoat, sometimes multiple times. Dampen paper towel or q tip to remove from unwanted areas (eyebrows, lips, hairline, etc). Make sure you allow the area by the creases of your nose to dry, I purse my lips and stretch for a bit, if this is a spot you are targeting, otherwise it might not dry.

If you don't have massive craters for pores it probably won't take you as long to apply this mask.

Hoping over time my skin texture will continue to improve, pores are appearing somewhat smaller now.

I use this up fast & have to order on ebay or the like, so keeping multiple backups. Protip: stay away from windows during use if you have crazy neighbors.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/8/2013 6:26:00 AM More reviews by jayweet

i LOVE this product.
i have actually introduced it to my friends (one male and one female) and they both liked it as well.

it does whatever its supposed to do (remove blackheads and stuff)
it also removes facial hair which proves how strong it is.

its also priced at 2 bucks where i stay.

only con is perhaps the packaging which can be quite messy.. other than that its super value for money!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/8/2013 10:34:00 AM More reviews by 2010

Does the job - cleans out my pores and leaves my skin soft and smooth. Cheap price.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/8/2013 10:27:00 AM More reviews by lala1983

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

This is GREAT for the price. I also used the black mask from Boscia which removed more from the pores than this one but was very expensive and hard for me to purchase (I live in Australia). This cost me $2.80 and has at least 10 uses. It takes about 30 mins to dry fully and can be a bit painful to remove as it pulls out facial hair! Maybe just use on your t zone if you have a lot of fine hair or sensitive skin. I find this removes any dry flaky skin (which im prone to due to using a retinol moisturiser nightly) and with repeated use has stopped black heads forming, I use once a week/fortnightly as needed, and my skin is sensitised due to the retinol but it seems ok with this amount of usage.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/27/2013 4:10:00 PM More reviews by FarAwayGalaxies

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

Adorable packaging, great concept, painful process.