Daiso-Charcoal Mask

3.4

Water, polyvinyl alcohol, alcohol, charcoal powder, magnesium aluminum silicate, microcrystalline cellulose, PEG-60 hydrogenated castor oil, methylparaben , cellulose gum, xanthan gum, butylparaben, disodium edta, fragrance, morus alba bark extract, coix lacryma jobi ma yuen seed extract

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I was looking for effective ways to extract blackheads and I saw someone on YouTube saying this is the best. I bought a tube from eBay and tried it. It did pull stuff off my face, but that was mostly skin flakes :( There was something that resembled blackheads, only one or two. It is hard to apply. You have to be willing to put thick layers on. It felt super sticky as you apply and take a while to dry. Maybe I wasn't good at applying, but the mask never dried evenly for me. The area around the nose didn't dry but the rest of the face started to hurt. It is super painful to peel off. I teared up every time. You have to move your face a lot to create an opening so you can peel the thing off. Some times I couldn't find an opening and I just use my nail to scrap at the edge. Other peel off masks I tried never had this problem.
The worst part is the result. It didn't get rid of the most obvious blackheads on my nose. My skin became super dry and would peel for the next week or so. It wasn't worth the pain and the irritation.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I've bought this time and time again and it is the BEST Face peel/exfoliator and leaves me with baby soft skin. I use it about once a week and it removes all my whiteheads around my nose and chin. Miracle product. Not suitable for sensitive skin though and it does hurt to remove but the results are worth it.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

The one I bought is white. It sets (eventually) like latex and it kind of pills off your face. I can't work this at all.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

I can't get this mask to work. It just doesn't pull out anything. I end up using pore strip afterwards and my blackheads and whiteheads came out on the strip (showing that this mask did not pull them out at all). I've also used other brand of peel off mask (strawberry sexylook) and it works so much better (probably due to the consistency and the way it sticks/dries). I'm happy that daiso is cheap, that's why I wanted to switch… If anyone can get this to work, please please message me the steps/tips you guys do! Thanks!

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

So this is the first time I'm using it. It took about half an hour to dry completely, and ripping it off wasn't painful at all. I like it, it's like a clay mask and biore pore pack in one, and my nose looks very clean. I follow with toner to keep the pores small. For the price, it is well worth it. For the record, it doesn't remove hair, I tried putting some on my upper lip to see if it would wax it out like some other reviews said. Well it didn't.

I paid around $7 for this mask and ordered it off of Amazon.com. It is stark black in color and had a thick, gooey, pudding like consistency. The scent is light and pleasant and non offensive. I'm on an Asian beauty kick- I can get some benefits that luxury brands give without paying ridiculous prices, although I may have paid slightly more for this mask, at seven dollars it's not a bad buy at all. As aforementioned, is slow drying so take some time and kick your feet up to get the full benefit of the mask. I think it's good stuff. Removes gunk and dry patches. I like it and would recommend this to the friend. Use after exfoliating well and follow up with a comedone extractor, applying gentle, even pressure to purge and blackheads to avoid damaging pores.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

@letterboxcat my heart breaks when I heard you paid $5AUD for this on eBay. However I do know how limited things can be in Oz. I paid $2.80AUD for these which other members would be laughing by now, however if you live in Oz, that is considered dirt cheap!
I made the mistake of applying this all over my face.......huge a$$ mistake! However once I learnt how this can best be used....I absolutely loved it!!!!!!!!!!!
I now only apply this on my nose to try and remove oil, whiteheads and blackheads. I find it is a lot better then the strip. At $2.80AUD I think this is a bargain!

bought this on ebay for around $5 AUD and I'll be buying more when I run out! As the general consensus seems to be: beauty is pain. seriously. So much pain. The mask is a thick, black consistency and you really need to apply two to three layers to create an optimal 'peel'. The mask dries hard and any facial movements are painful (NOTE: DO NOT SNEEZE!!). The mask grabs on to every tiny little peach fuzz of a hair on your face and holds on to it for dear life. Peeling is made painful by this factor but if you do it quickly it's not so bad. it will leave a small amount of dry residue around the outskirts of your face; just wipe off with toner/oil. I finish by toning and moisturizing and my skin feels phenomenally softer! (probably because I've ripped off the first 3 layers of my epidermis! ) I use this once a week on my 'pamper night'

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

It gave me an allergic reaction - red and swollen all over the face and it felt a little itchy. Never again...........

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse

I just received this product yesterday, but I love it so far.
I have really bad white heads on my nose, the corners of my mouth, and my chin. I would always have to scrub them out. I decided to stop because
1. It hurt.
2. I could never get them all out and the ones I did get out would come back the next day.

I cleaned my face with the Daiso Cleansing Cream and then used this.
I don't think I put on as much as I was supposed to. A lot of product needs to be used to get an even, solid, black coating. It still worked well.

Because I didn't put on a thick enough layer, I was unable to pull it off in one piece and couldn't really observed what it picked up. But I looked at my nose and didn't see any white heads on the part I actually covered correctly. Just make sure that you don't miss any areas. I completely forgot to get under my nose (around the nostrils) and the edges of the mask slightly pulled the white heads up without pulling them out. Pulling off the mask didn't hurt. Today, I still don't have the white heads. I'm very happy that I found this.

Popular Masks