Pretty disappointing product, no staying power at all
I really love this product! It smells fantastic and it moisturizes my lips like a dream! My lips chap so easily and once I put this on my lips have been SUPER soft and pillowy. It tastes nice and sweet, which I appreciate. Taste is always a factor in whether I'll purchase something again, and this product is something I'll continue to buy. It gives a pretty high shine, but I think that just makes my lips look juicy! It smells sweet citrusy-fresh and I can't get over how soft my lips are right now!!
For me, the problems with this lip gloss outweighed the benefits.
- Smells amazing. I love their lemon+pomegranate body wash, the way the whole bathroom fills up with the fruity scent makes me want to twirl.
- Tastes nice. I mean, you shouldn't be eating this stuff as a condiment, but if it accidentally gets in your mouth it's nice and sweetish, not reminiscent of crude oil like some brands.
- Sheer. Just as expected, which is good. Not like those weird green ones that claim to be sheer but then makes you look like the hulkette.
- Moisturizes ok... while it lasts, anyway.
- Hard to control packaging. If you squeeze just a little bit too hard, you end up with too much product that inevitably pools at the corners of your mouth, giving you the look and feel of somebody who didn't wipe after a greasy meal. Not sexy.
- Not long lasting. Maybe because of its watery nature, but this gloss does not last long. After 3 hours it pretty much dries up, and causes my lips to chap.
- Smeary. I can't find a better word.. it's slick and greasy but smeary at the same time. Every time I use a glass, there would be a big oily lip mark left there. Probably contributes to the not long lasting part.
- Tends to migrate inside my mouth. This is particularly odd because it has never happened with my other lip products. At least it tastes ok, but I bought it to moisturize my lips, not to contribute to my diabetes.
All in all, since I grabbed it from the discount bin for something ridiculous like $2, I'm not hung up on it. I leave it around the house for when I can't find my other non-tinted balms. Occasionally I would sniff it like a highlighter, because it really does smell amazing.
Though I do enjoy the scent, I just don't feel it does a whole lot for my lips. It's not moisturizing enough to be a chapstick, and it's not glossy enough to be a lipgloss; I suppose it's just a hybrid "cream." I just thought for a lip cream it would be a lot more moisturizing and thick; the consistency is very thin and kind of oily, which I don't prefer in a lip product. I don't reach for this often, because when I want something moisturizing I prefer a regular or tinted lip balm. If you are looking for a C.O Bigelow lip product, get one of the Mentha Lip Tints because those are great!
Ok...as with any lip product, it's all about how your lips were before, whether they were extremely dry, extremely moist, normal, or chapping, with this, you could really use it anytime. A little is all you need. It cures chapness speedy fast, and it pretty much lasts for 8 hrs or so..if you dint lick it off or rub it in continuously. This lip cream is SOOOOO MOISTURIZING and it tastes and smells great too (for those of you who kiss, my bf loves thisss), it's slightly glossy, definitely not overpowing, it looks more like a just licked sheen. This is my favorite lip product out of all of my array of lip wear (I have every lip balm known to man) just because it tastes and smells AH-MAZING it lasts a long time, not too greasy, (although if you apply too much it just sits there), it leaves my lips smooth, and makes them look natural.
I love this lip cream - it's creamy, moisturizing, cushiony. Tinted slightly pink, slightly milky in appearance - just enough to tone down my pigmented lips a smidge. I would say it's similar in texture to the Korres lip butters, but obv a bit more on a liquidy side since it's in a squeeze tube. I can't really put my finger on what it smells like - not lemon, and definitely not pomegranate -- maybe mangosteen? At any rate, I LOVE it. Smells great, and has a mildly sweet flavor should you happen to lick your lips.
I like this lip cream. It feels moisturizing and not too greasy, which is definitely a positive. The lemon pomegranate taste also is not too overpowering. The packaging is also easy to apply. I definitely prefer MAC lip conditioner, but it still is nice. I do wish it had more color to it. It is good for "no-makeup" days. I wouldn't buy it again, only because it seems like it will last a long time. I definitely reccomend this product.
The lemon lip cream is my hg so I assumed this was the same thing except with some added ingredients. This stuff is completely different and terrible. At first, it feels the same and feels like instant moisture, but after reapplying this a few times, it leaves me lips cracked, raw, and burned feeling. At first I thought it was sunburn since I had been out in the sun for a long time so I continued using it, but then the corners of my lips started to crack and bleed. At this point, I thought it was because I wasn't eating enough fruits, so I continued using it. Then
, when nothing got better, I stopped using it. I recently started again just to
make sure, and now my lips are cracked, red, and the corner of my lips are split again, and this is only after applying it for about a day.
:( I'm so sad this didn't work since the lemon one is such an hg, but now I have this tube and a backup that I don't know what to do with.
Me and my friend bought this together, and it is our "signature lip gloss." Well it is not exactly a gloss, its like a lip cream and gloss mixed together. It has a moisturizing feel like it has olive oil in it. I like the taste a lot but somethimes it tastes waxy. I really do love it though. I will buy it again but have they discontinued it?
I love this stuff! Keeps my lips soft, tastes/smells nice, gives lips a nice sheen. I like the tube packaging. It's a staple in my purse. Have and will continue to purchase, on sale or with a BBW coupon of course.
ETA 6/30/10: Went in the store today and they had this in the 75% off bin. The cashier said that this was a limited edition product and it is being discontinued, so stock up if you like this! It's less than $2 right now.