July 30, 2014 | 1224 users online

Crème - L'Oreal - True Match Roller

rated 2 of 5 on 4/2/2014 9:56:00 PM More reviews by iwikiwii

Typically I only use foundation on the areas where I feel like I need it. I have a bit of acne scarring on my forehead and dark under eye circles.
I found this at Winners for $8 and thought it was a steal. I've tried cream foundations before and absolutely loved them. But for the most part, this product just wouldn't work with me!
When I apply this foundation, I put the product on my face with my finger and then blend it out with the rolling sponge and that seems to work, even though it looks weird.
When I first applied it, I thought it looked good and had decent coverage but when I looked in the mirror a few hours later it looked like the colour was waayy off and way too orange on my forehead compared to when I first put it on, and it just slid off my face completely! It looked so terrible!
I decided to try it with a primer and a finishing powder but nothing would work! No foundation has ever done this to me before.
Strangely enough though, this product wasn't as bad under my eyes. It looked just okay under my eyes - not bad but not great.
Right now I'm only using this as an under eye concealer, and it's only okay for that. It's really nothing special though. I'm also trying to make it work as a shadow base since I'm trying to get rid of this product as fast as I can.
but once this is used up, I hope I neverrrrrrrrr have to use it again!
(big emphasis on the 'never')

rated 3 of 5 on 7/7/2013 3:26:00 PM More reviews by AmberKay

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I rediscovered this in the bottom of my foundation collection when picking the products for my project 20 pan. I had thrown the applicator away some time ago. Didn't like it, not for me, no thanks.

The actual product is okay though. Good coverage, almost matches my skin tone, nice finish. Re-trying this product didn't convince me to repurchase this. The color is a bit off and it just isn't right for me. It isn't terrible, just isn't my HG. Not by a long shot.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/25/2012 1:48:00 PM More reviews by luxlover79

I beg to disagree that the roller applicator doesn't work coz it does! I roll it simultaneously in vertical and horizontal motions to blend and I have to say that I prefer this than regular sponge. It picks up even amount from the pan & translates to the skin the same way. The product itself is not hard to blend neither. I finish my face a whole lot faster than using regular sponge. And what I like the most is the massaging effect of the roller on my face. I wish there are roller sponges like this sold in the market coz I find it very easy to use for cream foundation. Coverage is good and it's not too bad for my oily skin but I still prefer if it's a little bit more matte, so I knocked a lippie off. Overall, I like this product and it's good to understand why L'oreal came up with the roller, it simply works! Just think that paint rollers we use for walls ends up with even color & does the job faster than paint brushes....it's the same concept!

rated 3 of 5 on 7/19/2012 10:21:00 PM More reviews by KittyKattt

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

So I guess I should come right out and say it, the roller concept is a completely pointless gimmick and really doesn't do much except cake on too much makeup and create the silliest looking streaks on me... That said, the formula itself for this product isn't too bad, and actually does a pretty good job of staying put on my oily skin throughout the day.

The formula is lightweight yet still gives decent and buildable coverage that really doesn't budge, especially when paired with a matching powder. A clerk at my local ULTA recommended this product to me (not sure what she was thinking) but I will continue to use this as an everyday go-to product, (of course with a brush instead of that silly little paint roller.) till I finally run out.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/25/2012 5:02:00 PM More reviews by gabbyiella

I BOUGHT THIS FOR $3.72
IT IS ON SALE AT RITE AID RIGHT NOW!!!
ok i just bought this because i wanted to test it out and it was 75% off ($3.72 in total)
the roller is alright for cheeks and the forehead, but not around the eyes or nose or mouth, so i appy it with a sponge or fingers. i blend it out with either a brush or fingers.
its a little oily, but i have sort of dry skin it has spf 25 which i enjoy.
i would say this has a medium to full coverage.
overall, i probably won't be repurchasing because of the price, but if it was on sale again, i would repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/16/2012 5:26:00 PM More reviews by Miaoudeminou

This is decent. It looks fantastic when I first apply it. I am pretty acne prone and I haven't seen a single pimple or clogged pore from this. That's a lot to be said about a creme foundation (most clog me horribly and I end up with cystic acne). I apply this before work around 2pm and I don't get home till midnight. By the time I get home this looks like it's gone. I even tried setting it with silica powder but nope. It's just gone. Yet when I go to remove my make-up color still shows up on the make-up towelette. So there is some left... it just doesn't look like it though. I look like a hot mess. If this could stay looking nice all day, like it does after initial application, then I'd say this is HG. Also I was sweating a lot at work and it'd come off. There was a youtube review about it saying it was waterproof and I wouldn't deem this as waterproof.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/8/2012 7:49:00 PM More reviews by GiuliaBandanza

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Okay so i bought this a few years ago and really liked the application and color on me... i don't know how but i bought the same exact one and... THE COLOR CHANGED!!! OH NO!!! last year i was much more busy so the roller was a quick foundation routine for me on the days where i had limited time, which i loved. I recommend getting a shade darker than your skin tone because mine is just way too light... true match...not so much. So i powder over this even though it has a matte finish... not a big fan... it looks a little fake. I think maybe if i have more time with this i can make it work once again but until then i'm just using it as a concealer. The texture is kinda thick and you definitely need to blend after applying this with the roller. I wish there was a mirror in the compact, but i like everything else about the packaging. it has a nice sleek little case. i've used better cream foundations before. (This one feels a little dry too... put moisturizer on if you have dry skin)

rated 1 of 5 on 5/5/2012 10:55:00 PM More reviews by edendani17

For drugstore foundation, this was expensive! I thought, if I buy this, it better be the best foundation I've ever used. And I was disappointed. First off with the whole roller thing it's super easy to become streaky-- it takes some blending. The color matched pretty okay, I guess. Not very good coverage. After a while it will become oily and splotchy. HUGE disappointment.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/30/2012 9:31:00 PM More reviews by MsLovelyC

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

The coverage goes on really nice on my skin. I don't use the roller it comes with, instead I use it with a small MAC foundation brush, This is great for quick fixes, coverage is great.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/26/2012 2:31:00 PM More reviews by CynthiaAlva

I actually enjoy this product. I use C4. I have to say there are a couple of pros and cons. Pros- it does match your skin tone at least for me it did. Con- you just can't wear it alone you have to use powder or another type of foundation for it to look flawless and clean. Over all I would buy it. Tip- only roll it a couple of times on the makeup you do it a lot of times or too harsh it will be to much on your skin.