September 2, 2014 | 1657 users online

Eyes - Hard Candy - Wallflower Eye Shadow Quartet

rated 5 of 5 on 5/13/2009 6:22:00 PM More reviews by sinnerocker

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Anyone who doesn't have this quartet is missing out, the pigmntation is insane the colors are gorgeous, a million times better than MAC. There is a deep brownish plum shade with a satiny finish my least favortire of the bunch, then there is a medium bronzey shade with golden shimmer this is the most beautiful bronzey brown eyeshadow I've seen and I have a bunch, next there is a taupe color with silver sparkles and finally my favorite highlighter shade ever which is a slightly golden cream color. It really is a shame that these quartets are being discontinued but as long as they're available on ebay I'm buying them

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/31/2007 11:21:00 AM More reviews by georgiasweety

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

This is one of my older HG shadow quads. Ive had mine for several years and the formula is still great on this thing! Wallflower is different shades of brown & a beige/gold highlighter shade. It comes with a mini slant tip brush, and eyeshadow applicator. These run about $30 bucks but totally worth the price imo! The darkest shade "Poser" is a medium-deep plum based brown with VERY fine, subtle gold shimmer that you cant see unless you look close up. This is the shade I prefer to use as a liner. I wet the slant tip brush and apply this shadow like a liner. The next shade "Greed" is a medium copper/bronze with gold shimmer, usually the color I use in my crease or outer corner. The next color "Swell" is similar to Greed as it beign a medium brown, but is more brown copper based, vs Greed's red copper base, this one has mild gold shimmer as well. The final shade which is the higlighter shade is a beautiful frosty beiege/gold that looks amazing on everyone. This shade is called "Cheap". I use Cheap on my lid with a dark in the crease, or on my browbone. There are so many ways to use this quad, not to mention you can use cheap in your inner corner of the eye for a brightening effect. These quads are very sturdy, and well made, complete with large mirror & cute silver packaging. Im not sure if they have discontinued them all now, but several are discontinued.
*i will say this quad has much better formulation then mac's glittery/frosty shadows, because theirs frostier/glittery shades tend to crumble and this one does not do that at all. Please note I hateeee hard candy shadow singles, they are awful and unpigmented. Some of the quads are horrible as well, but this particular one- has perfect shadow formulation in every way, and is my all time favorite.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/21/2006 11:55:00 AM More reviews by ziebam

These quads are great for a whole eye look in one compact. Four shades in one silver compact that retails for $28. Comes with a mirror and a little double ended sponge brush and mini liner brush. Wallflower is a nuetral quad of browns. Poser is a browned burgandy liner shade, Creep is a shimmery brown with copper undertones, Swell is a shimmery brown with taupey undertones, and Sheer is your highlighter shade, a shimmery cream shade. All work great together for a nuetral eye. Lasts all day and shades are nicely pigmented.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/9/2003 4:08:00 AM More reviews by santokie77

I bought this for $15 as it was discontinued (and I forgot the website where I bought it from) but it seemed to be a small company. When I received the package, the address was handwritten and didn't look professional. But the item itself was brand new.

At 26, I feel that all the shimmer is too much for me. Especially when I have my daughter with me, people think I am a teenage mom as it is. Definitely not something I would wear to work. But, all the colors work really on my Asian skin tone, except for Poser which I only use as a liner or when I am trying to create a smoky look. All colors have a lot of shimmer.

The pigments are really dark and shows up well (much like Shu e/s) and are easily blended. The only reason I wouldn't buy this particular product again is, I don't reach for this product often due to its shimmer and will take me a long time to use it up.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/12/2003 10:33:00 PM More reviews by ghostface

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

this one has neutral colors,kind of like old skool.It worked very well on my skin tone and it was easy for me to use all the colors .too bad this is discontinued though:(

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/14/2003 9:59:00 PM More reviews by kerrybu

I received this in a swap and I loved it! This is four shades of brown, and they are all more burgundy/plum than Old Skool or Sonic. The colors worked well alone or together and the formula was good - the shadow lasts and doesn't crease. All four are shimmery.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/3/2003 1:35:00 AM More reviews by ChaiBliss

Age: Unknown Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I purchased a few of these since they were such a great deal, and I think that was probably a good move on my part, since I've been using mine so much I'm starting to really dip into all the colours! This quartet contains the following: Poser, a deep violet brown and also the darkest shade in the quad; Creep, a dark taupe-brown; Swell, a slightly lighter shade of purple (looks wonderful with Poser); and Sheer, a shimmery cream colour. The three darkest shades all look great together, and I've found that when using Sheer as an all over base, it looks incredible paired with Poser as a wet, dramatic liner. This is such a versatile collection with lovely, wearable colours that really last! The compact is also adorable and features brushes I can actually use, which is a nice change from the norm. continued >>

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/6/2002 2:53:00 PM More reviews by jennyb

This is a great basic quad of shimmery brown colors: Sheer - shimmery yellow-gold cream, Swell - mid toned shimmery brown-taupe, Creep - mid toned shimmery golden bronze and Poser - deep pinky brown with microglitter. They are highly pigmented yet easy to blend, and long-lasting. The only issue I have with this palette is that most people will suit either Creep or Swell, not both. But some versatile shades here for shimmer lovers.