July 26, 2014 | 1033 users online

Sunscreen - Ocean Potion - SPF 15 Sunscreen

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 8/31/2011 5:59:00 PM More reviews by kanka999

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I'm always trying out new sunscreen and bought this on a whim when I saw it at Rite Aid because of the good reviews. I had used the OP SPF 30 years ago and remember liking it but again, am always trying new stuff and just never repurchased it. Anyway, I wanted something to rotate with my more expensive StriVectin SPF 30 (have another reveiw on this one) that would wear well under makeup, protect and stay more matte. This definitley fits the bill. The only thing is I wish the tube was actually smaller and more travel friendly but I will definitley repurchase. P.S. I actually like the smell too.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/31/2009 3:39:00 PM More reviews by scopingforyou

PROS: Smells great. Cute color of product. Finally a nonsticky, thin sunblock!

CONS: I wouldn't use this on my face unless I needed water resistant on the face (still too thick and slightly oily.)

REMOVAL TIPS: If using this on your face and if you get clogged pores, you may want to remove this with something like a cleansing oil before using your regular cleanser so that it doesn't clog your pores.

From their website: Solaplex(TM), enhances the stability of Parsol® 1789 (Avobenzone) which makes Ocean Potion sunscreens more reliable and longer lasting.

ALTERNATES: Trader Joe's Enrich SPF15 is moisturizing but not greasy at all. When I need 30 or above, I use Hawaiaan Tropic's Silk Hydration or some name like that (but it can clog me if I use it for more than a few days in a row, so I only use it when I'm going to be in the sun a lot that day).

**********There is a review with a more "correct" name: Anti-Aging Sunblock SPF 15 Ultra Light**********

rated 5 of 5 on 7/5/2007 12:32:00 PM More reviews by baharh

I really enjoy wearing this sunscreen, and alteranted between the spf 15 and 30, depending on how long i was planning on being on the beach that day. I loved the creamsicle smell, and especially the fact that it did not feel heavy and greasy on the skin like every other sunscreen i have ever used does. Also dirt cheap price can't be beat. I found it at my local walmart for $4.95. Would definately buy again and again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/7/2007 9:34:00 PM More reviews by selmasoo

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

My absolute favorite sunscreen! I cannot find this stuff where we live so when we go away to the beach, I like to stock up. It is non-tacky, dries matte and the SPF is great. Plus, like most of the other reviewers before me have said, it smells JUST like an orange Dreamsicle!

~*~EDIT~*~ They finally sell it here where I live now! :-)

rated 5 of 5 on 5/27/2007 11:18:00 PM More reviews by widup

I just bought this product today and I love it. It goes on creamy and then dries to a complete matte finish. It's like I'm not wearing anything at all. It's now my HG sunscreen!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/23/2007 12:15:00 PM More reviews by sophiesmom

I really this product!! I lived in a tropical climate for eight years and I have tried every sunscreen on earth. This is my mainstream favorite. It has a orange-vanilla scent and it smooths into the skin effortlessly. It leaves no greasy artificial smelly residue on top of the skin.

I love it! It is a staple in our household. The kids love it too. I have had zero complaints from them about applying it since it does not smell bad and does not feel greasy.

Other sunscreens we love include: Hawaiian Tropic Baby Faces SPF 50 Stick, Clarins Suncreen for Kids, Badger SPF 30, and Dr. Hauschka's SPF 15 sunscreen. We now live in Germany Dr. Hauschka's is readily available in local pharmacies but our beloved Ocean Potion is no where to be found.

I will say that for the money I think Ocean Potion Sunscreen SPF 15 is good!

I cannot believe it does not have more reviews. Go out and get this one this summer. I think you will like it as much as we do.

If you are shying away from this product just because it does not have a super high SPF don't. Just make sure you apply it. It stays on in the salt water too. I couldn't be happier. I think it also comes in higher SPF's now also.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/29/2006 2:08:00 PM More reviews by osborne60

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I just returned from a trip to Cancun. I used this sunscreen while I was there and got a great tan and no burn. More important, I did not get itchy sunpoision. I had read Parasol 1789 prevents this so I though I would give it a try. I will buy this again because I love the beach and want to take care of my skin. The tecture. price and smell are great. I think I paid $ 3.97 at my local Wal-mart

rated 5 of 5 on 8/31/2005 4:44:00 PM More reviews by SpeedyTurtle0789

OMG, love this stuff. I love the orange creamsicle scent, the fact that it spreads easily, and it actually WORKS! I use this on my face. My HG!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/4/2004 10:28:00 PM More reviews by SherryL

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

It smells like an orange creamsicle, goes on completely greasless, and contain avobenzone (although I am not sure that it's chemically stable... but until there is more research, I will continue to use it). I don't use this on my face (b/c my facial skin is sensitive to avobenzone thanks to Differin), but it is a dream for my body!!! It's also "supposedly" waterproof, but I reapply my suncreen about every 1-2 hours when I am outdoors regardless of what I am doing.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/6/2002 1:52:00 PM More reviews by gaudiora

Age: Unknown Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Wonderful product! Goes on smoothly and colorless. Okay, there are a lot of sunscreens that do this, but Ocean Potion has Avobenzone, a full spectrum chemical sunscreen, at the top of its ingredient list. I've only used this on my body, so I don't know how well it works on the face. It contains a scent just like a Dreamsicle (very sweet slightly citrusy scent). Also, it's VERY cheap--about the same (or even cheaper) per oz as generic brand sunscreens.