July 30, 2014 | 2130 users online

Fragrances - Escada - Marine Groove

rated 5 of 5 on 4/27/2013 1:43:00 PM More reviews by NeonBiitch

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I LOVE PASSIONFRUIT, I LOVE THIS SCENT!!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/12/2012 2:08:00 PM More reviews by angellove1705

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I got a sample of this and it is fruity, floral, and fresh. I agree this scent could work for day or night. I did like how it smelled on me, but it had no staying power and weared off very quickly. I love this scent, but because of the lack of staying power I am not sure if I would purchase again unless it was on sale.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/4/2012 10:50:00 PM More reviews by perfumefiend

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I really like escada in general. This reminds me of Moon Sparkle. Its a great scent and its very sweet. Not technically a true perfume to me, but I love the sweet candy smell Marine groove is. The scent lasts long on clothing but not so long in my skin. I would buy again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/7/2012 12:51:00 AM More reviews by PurpleCupcake87

I picked up the body lotion and it smells so good. Its a perfect scent for summer. Got it for 7$ at tjmaxx (:

rated 4 of 5 on 5/21/2012 3:30:00 AM More reviews by MakeupMoment

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

It usually takes me quite a long time to use up a whole bottle of perfume but, this one I just couldn't get enough of. Up until the last spritz, it was my daily staple. I loved the fruity scent, and this fragrance worked for either day or night.

The only con I can think of when it comes to marine groove is that the scent didn't last too long on me. But that's a common thing with me and other fragrances. I can never find one that can last all day.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/18/2011 11:57:00 PM More reviews by missayycee

i really like this scent, it is light and fruity. one thing i don't like about it is that the smell goes away really quickly so i tend to spritz more

rated 5 of 5 on 7/25/2011 3:58:00 PM More reviews by abelharainha

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Yes, I would buy this product again but unfortunately it was a limited edition for Summer 2010. I bought a 100ml bottle and I used it durinbg winter too. This fragance is sweet yet fresh, young, delicate, fruity (but I don't smell as if I just made a raspberry pie lool). It's suitable not only for Summer althought it really smells like a cosy, warm day.... Lovely. The lasting power is ok. Got tons of compliments, too!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/18/2011 10:30:00 PM More reviews by puppetscenario

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I bought this last year because I thought it was the perfect perfume for summer, and I've been wearing it year round. I liked that this perfume actually smelled juicy, not just fruity. I feel like its more adult than alot of fruity perfumes, and I get lots of compliments on it, from both men and women. The only reason that this perfume was a 4 instead of a 5 is because of the lasting power. It is good, but not GREAT in that department. I generally do a spritz on my wrists, two on my chest, one on the back of my neck and one over my clothes. By around lunchtime I can't smell it anymore but other people can, and by the end of the day 4-5 ish, you can only really smell me if you get closer. I've found a good way to make the smell stronger is to take a handful of unscented lotion (I like cetaphil creme) and then spraying this two or three times into it and applying the lotion, and then spray the perfume like I normally would. This perfume also pairs great with the Passion Fruit body butter from The Body Shop.

I am running low and I am definitely buying it again. This can be pricey if you get it at Sephora, but its not too difficult to find it discounted at places like Nordstrom Rack, TJMaxx, Outlet Malls, and Amazon.com.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/21/2011 11:08:00 PM More reviews by demmie

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm actually not a fan of citrusy scents at all. But I loved Moon Sparkle, so I thought I'd give this a shot. I love the very summery scent of it... it smells summery without being tropical or suntan oil-y. I like that it has a bit of an edge to it as well. The true test for me is my husband, who hates EVERY perfume. He liked it, so this will be a repurchase for me indeed :)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/21/2011 3:42:00 AM More reviews by pennypencil

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have one of the collector's sets which features miniature bottles of some of the recent summer limited editions. Slowly one begins to be able to distinguish between them, though they all have that familiar Escada juiciness.
My beau likes some of these (Taj Sunset for example) but mentioned that though Marine Groove is nice, it smells a bit like expensive hand soap. Now, I think he used the word 'expensive' to soften the blow. I can see what he means though - there is a middley, sharp, soapy heart to Marine Groove. The pungency of the juicy fruit prevents it from being clean, but there is definitely an edge of that to it. Whilst not unpleasant, it makes my nose hurt a bit. I guess it's some kind of cheap, synthetic jasmine.
As far as which fruits feature in this soapy cocktail, I can detect grapefruit and something like pineapple or passionfruit.
All in all, I won't be tracking a bigger bottle down.