October 31, 2014 | 801 users online

Hair Color - L'Oreal - Touch-On Highlights

rated 5 of 5 on 6/21/2014 5:25:00 AM More reviews by fionarocks

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Love this. It's very subtle but gives a nice boost. I have shoulder-length hair that's somewhere between brown and blonde and one box was enough for me to get natural looking summery highlights. It's nothing drastic, but at-home color shouldn't be, anyway. And the conditioner's great.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/24/2014 10:32:00 PM More reviews by drewsynicole

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This product is a blonde's best friend. My hair was starting to get that dull winter-blonde look to it and I needed a little pick me up. I intended on just getting the some sun-in to brighten my natural color but decided I wanted to try something new. The instructions were extremely easy to follow, however the gloves and applicator are useless... I used my own gloves and my fingers to put the color in. I felt like using my fingers made sure it went on evenly but it was hard to tell if it was working until I rinsed it out. The conditioner they provide made sure my hair didn't feel damaged, it dried looking soft and shiny :) Overall a great product as long as you are careful about application and the color you chose. I consider myself to be a medium/dark blonde and using iced champagne for about 20 mins was just enough to give more dimension and brighten my blonde...love it!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/29/2013 10:37:00 AM More reviews by heathermrm

I HATE the finger applicator - I use a brush from another highlighting kit that I have saved (its like a mascara wand). he fingertip applicator left me w/ way too many clumps.

That aside, the product worked well on my dark blond/light brown colored hair. No dryness, provided very pretty highlights. I don't bother sectioning my hair for either coloring or highlighting - for this product, I just literally paint and it turns out great (have done several times now). I don't notice any offensive smell. Its cheap and easy. I will continue to re-purchase this or the Garnier version - whichever is on sale at the time I'm looking to purchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/15/2013 7:16:00 PM More reviews by Dreamer731

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

I used the toasted almond kit and I really love this formula! This is the first highlighting system that didn't cause dryness or breakage to my hair. I have medium brown hair and my highlights are a soft honey color. And for the first time they didn't look dry. In the past I didn't have the best luck with other kits. I would end up with dry brassy looking highlights that looked like straw. The only thing I was not crazy about was the finger comb thing. It kept falling off my finger during use so I finished up with an applicator brush. I will definitely purchase again in the future but I will use a regular applicator brush.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/15/2013 10:37:00 PM More reviews by KSherman27

I bought the toasted almond color for my dark brown hair. I am extremely disappointed at having wasted $13.00! The applicator kept falling off of my finger. The product was messy and kept getting on other strands while trying to highlight. I had to jump in the shower and wash it out, what a waste.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/14/2011 9:44:00 AM More reviews by Fun2cook4u

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I colored my hair last week with the new foam color by John Frieda. I really really liked the coverage as I have a lot of gray. I unfortunately bought a shade too dark and looked a little Elvira like the first couple days. I decided after reading reviews to try the L'oreal Touch-On highlights. I have a big head and thick hair so didn't want to risk doing the cap routine and not having coverage near the roots. Anyway I bought H50 Toasted Almond. The finger tool was a bit awkward. I ultimately used my fingers for application. Besides one little spot at the bottom back I LOVE the color I got. Very carmel like. No orange or brassy look. A bit dryer today after highlights so will be using my ion keratin conditioner for a few days to keep it soft and shiny. I would use this again!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/10/2011 1:05:00 PM More reviews by PRiNCESSMAHiNA

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I used this product a few months ago. The little applicator left big clumps of product on my hair. This wouldn't be quite so bad if it hadn't turned BRIGHT ORANGE. My dorm-mate couldn't stop laughing and I had to tie a scarf around my head while I went out and found a box of hair dye.
Would definitely not recommend. The Revlon highlights are much, much better.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/10/2011 12:57:00 PM More reviews by Alexis21

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

First of all, the finger applicator thing is a piece of plastic junk that refused to stay on my finger (and it's not like I have bony Rachel Zoe fingers). I ended up using my one fingers and the bleach migrated a bit so it was uneven and too thick. I started with light auburn hair and left it on for 50 minutes, but it still pulled orangey brassy.. not pretty. I should have bought 5 kits so i could actually saturate the highlights.. but if I'm paying $12 X 5 kits I may as well go to the salon! There isn't much product for the price. The next morning I used a different kit by some British company and a highlighting cap and I got the luscious uber blonde highlights I wanted. I will not buy this again.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/26/2011 1:11:00 PM More reviews by winter1260

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am African American with natural untreated hair, i was very nervous about using the product because i did not know how it would turn out. The highlights came out great! there in different tones and it looks very professional. The kits was very easy to use,although the finger applicator was very annoying. i would definitely use this product again.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/2/2011 3:02:00 PM More reviews by archgurl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

The first time I used this kit, I purchased the one for medium to dark brown hair. The highlights came out too wide and a bit too orange on my naturally medium brown hair. 6 months later I used the kit for light brown hair, carefully separated smaller strands of hair with a fine tooth comb, applied the mixture closer to my roots than before, and came out with non-brassy, blonde highlights on my top layer of hair. The highlighting mixture colors/bleaches more quickly than the Revlon Frost & Glow mixture, but does not provide the same degree of precision as you get with a cap and hook. I would definitely purchase the one for light brown hair if I needed to highlight and did not have the patience for Frost & Glow or one of L'Oreal's kits with a cap.