September 18, 2014 | 1920 users online

Lipstick - Shiseido - Perfect Rouge - BE109 Spiced Cream

rated 5 of 5 on 10/5/2012 11:17:00 PM More reviews by satinpinknouveau

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Best nude lipstick I've found so far. It's smooth, long lasting, perfect shade and I love the pretty packaging. Would recommend for sure.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/28/2011 1:27:00 PM More reviews by olympialetantoli

I have respect for this brand in terms of their skin care line, my flatmate in uni was Japanese and she turned me onto their cleansers and creams. I only use their eyeliners but never tried their lipsticks. I have loved nude lipcolours for years. I was hoping that BE 109 Spiced Cream would work well on me. I have MAC Myth but I have to take many steps to make it work with lipliner and lipgloss. I heard Spiced Cream was used in the movie SuckerPunch on the character Babydoll. So being a makeup obsessed girl I had to try. It is very drying, I applied lip conditioner prior because I could still see some flakiness. The makeup girl at the counter said that it's moisturising however I have to disagree. I had to apply at least three times to get a good coverage because it was so sheer and it didn't glide well. It was very natural looking tone but still rich, thankfully it was pretty nude. It didn't make a huge statement. I think I have to use a lipliner and lipgloss to make it work on me in the end. And I don't want to do that with another nude. The packaging is adoreable I must say, very sleek and shiny. I guess thats why it is so expensive. But I'm not willing to spend more than $20 on lipstick. The colour is long lasting I must say because I was drinking from my water bottle for the next two hours and I could still see it on my lips.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/10/2010 8:53:00 AM More reviews by ladyrye

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am constantly on the hunt for nude lipsticks to pair with my dark shadows. And honestly, this meeting with BE109 was pure luck.

I adore the color. At first, I thought it might be a bit pale, but it is beautiful. I can even be specially bold somedays and wear it without a lip base! The color isn't fake, the lipstick isn't too creamy - Shiseido nailed it! What can I say apart from: I LOVE IT!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/2/2010 9:38:00 AM More reviews by Smashbox80

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

Allure Best of Beauty 2009 winner for best nude lip color - fair skin.
That said it all for me - I went straight to Sephora.com to purchase as I have been on the look out for a really nice nude lip color that doesn't turn orange or peach or pink or look gross. Found it!!!!!!!! I would describe this color as a nude beige with the tiniest hint of neutral pink so it doesn't blank out my lips completely. It does look cakey and settle into lines easily if I don't moisturize and exfoliate regularly, but all of my other "nude" colors do the same, so I don't expect miracles. I just want a standby nude that I can count on to use everyday with a pinky l/g or alone with a smokier eye and this color fits my needs perfectly. I layer on a lip balm first and it looks smooth and has a slight shine to it on its own, or I can layer a nude pink gloss on top (such as MAC 2N) Also has no scent that I can detect and the packaging is very sleek, so I believe I have found my HG nude lippie!!!!!!!!! Wearing it today with a neutral khaki eye and it looks very nice - will repurchase and am thinking of getting a backup.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No