September 21, 2014 | 2040 users online

Eye Shadow - Hard Candy - Kaleyedescope Baked Duo - Blind Date

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 5/28/2012 7:38:00 PM More reviews by WitchyGoth

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Baked eye shadows are my absolute favorite, and this selection from Hard Candy is no exception. The secret of baked eyeshadow is to apply it with a wet sponge-tip applicator. It will give you true color that matches what the shadow looks like in its packaging. You could apply it dry for a less-pigmented, more subtle look if you chose. Applying baked shadows with fingers is generally a no-no. You can get away with doing that with pressed powder shadows, but not with baked ones. It won't give you much of a color payoff.
The pink shade goes on great when wet, and the white works as a nice highlighter when dry. I haven't tried applying the white wet, to be honest! It goes on fine as is. This is the best pink shade that I've found so far, and the price is reasonable: It's hard to find cheap baked shadows. I've had mine since Hard Candy first began to be carried at Wal-Mart, and I'm nowhere near to finishing it off. There's so much it will last you for years, even if you apply it on a daily basis!

rated 3 of 5 on 2/27/2012 6:32:00 PM More reviews by Crimsonbury

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I don't dislike this product, but I'm not in love with it either. I only bought it because it because I needed to find a pink eyeshadow quick and this was cheap and also had the white shimmery colour, so I thought I could get a nice highlight out of it as I probably wouldn't use the pink eyeshadow many more times. The pink was a little disappointing. It wasn't very pigmented at first, but if I applied enough it proved to be a nice pink and shimmery shadow. I have even used it a few times as a cheek highlight if I had a pink blush on, or no blush at all. I liked the white side better. It was a good highlight for the inner corners of my eyes, but was a little to glittery for my cheeks and brow bone for my tastes. I always applied it to my eyes with my finger, so it showed up white as well as shimmery, but if applied with a brush on cheeks, it only picked up the big pieces of glitter so it had more of a sparkly look than a shimmery look. At some point I lost the eyeshadow, and found that I really didn't miss it much. It was forgettable and replaceable, so I won't repurchase. I wish I hadn't lost it because it was my only pink eyeshadow, and I liked to use the white as a highlight for my cheeks when I was going out. But again, I could find better replacements.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/4/2011 1:04:00 AM More reviews by dejavudu

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love HC products. This is best applied wet using a regular sponge tip over your eye primer. I use my brushes to blend the harsh lines.The color will come out true to pigment and will last longer on your skin that way. o used a little brown powder at the corner eye/crease to give a it a little more depth and it brings out the pink even more. Without primer or applied dry - the color will not show up as well and will not last. For $6 at Walmart it is an amazing compared to any drugstore brand. This is the only brand I would buy at a drugstore.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/23/2011 7:19:00 AM More reviews by oxnard

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is the most perfect pink eyeshadow. It is very hard to find a pink like this. I was on the search for this *perfect* pink for so long, so I'm really happy that I found this on walmart.com. Using it dry, it is not the most pigmented, but that doesn't bother me so much, because the color is so perfect! You just have to rub your finger/brush on the product a bit more than usual, but the color will surely come off. On the other hand, if you add water, it becomes metallic and actually very pigmented. So you really can't say it's not pigmented, I guess. Anyway, trust me, you won't find a color quite like this one elsewhere, so if you're on the hunt for a dolly, light pink, try this out! You might fall in love.

I did a makeup tutorial using this pink: Alluring Woman Makeup Tutorial continued >>

rated 4 of 5 on 7/19/2011 6:14:00 PM More reviews by anna91996

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

Overall I liked this but not much colour payoff. Still good for the price you have to pay! I think I will be getting more of these soon!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/10/2011 12:45:00 PM More reviews by Beckylou15

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

So shimmery and pretty. I use It to highlight my face and I find It lasts all day. It's not super pigmented and It blends well. I like It.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/6/2010 4:47:00 PM More reviews by marippe

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

for $6 this is a pretty good e/s duo. i feel like i really have to scrub my brush into each shadow to get a decent color payoff. they blend nicely into one another, and into other shadows.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/6/2010 11:25:00 PM More reviews by ANZology

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I own several of Hard Candy's baked shadows, but I'll leave a review for this color combo since it's one of my favorites:

This being a baked shadow, it does NEED to be applied wet for the pigmentation's full potential to be seen. However, if you just want a hint of shimmer on your lids, or cheeks, then it works well for that too! I suggest using a bit of primer on the lids before application, especially if you live in a humid climate like myself, else the shadow might be a bit of a pain to apply. But that could also be because I'm still learning about how to work with wet shadows. Almost all of the colors are VERY glitzy when applied wet, so these shadows are not good for school or work. For a night out? Hell yes.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/20/2010 4:59:00 PM More reviews by CrosseyedToad

These colors are very, very sheer, great for a wash or highlight but not great for a bright color. The pastel bubblegum pink side shows as a very washed out but shimmer pink, like i said, great for a highlight, even on the cheekbone. The pearly white side is really pretty for a brow bone and inner corner eye highlight. These work well and last well as highlighters! i WOULD RECCOMMEND THESE FOR AN AFFORDABLE LONG LASTING HIGHLIGHT. fOR THE RECORD i ALWAYS USE TOO FACED SHADOW INSURANCE AS A PRIMER....

rated 2 of 5 on 1/2/2010 2:20:00 AM More reviews by roxy_supastar_chick

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Other

I have heard Hard Candy is hit or miss. This has def. been a huge MISS for me! One half is a shimmery white, the other is a cool bubble gum pink w/some lavendar tint (sorry, i'm not so great w/descriptions). Of course I was really drawn to this, but even using TFSI, the pink side just wasn't pigmented enough. It was def. better foiled. It probably would've been better using a cream base over the TFSI (which I am not sure I like). Overall, I got what I paid for $6 at Wal*Mart and 1 hr of foiling, re-blending, annoying shimmery fallout under the eyes that was impossible to lift. Lesson learned, if this MAC I would've been done in maybe 10 mins!
WASTE OF TIME & MONEY.

Pros: I like baked makeups (idk why)
Decent packaging
Inexpensive
White side very pigmented
Cons: Lots of fallout
Lack of pigment on pink side (which is why I purchased)
TOO SHIMMERY
Took too much effort to fix