November 23, 2014 | 2015 users online

Mascara - Cover Girl - Exact Eyelights Waterproof, Black Sapphire

rated 4 of 5 on 10/15/2014 1:07:00 PM More reviews by Jilly914

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

My feeling aren't really strong on this mascara. I don't like it, but it's not that bad. I personally didn't have any problems with application such as clumping. I applied several coats, and it did darken my lashes slightly and hold the curl ok. The short plastic spikes separated my lashes well, but it didn't add much length or volume. The result was very natural.

The "black sapphire" color didn't darken my lashes enough - it's more of a charcoal black rather than an midnight black. I couldn't see the sapphire blue in it (I think the little sparkles were supposed to be blue maybe?). The formula irritated my eyes a little as the day went on. At least itt stayed on all day and did not smear or flake which was nice. Thanks for reading :)

rated 2 of 5 on 11/25/2012 8:45:00 PM More reviews by regang

This product is not very good at all, I bought it thinking that it would bring out my blue eyes but the mascara was actually blue. I rubbed the formula on a tissue and it is navy with blue specks, not black as the name says. But the brush it's self is only good for length, it is really skinny and long, so you have to apply many coats.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/9/2012 4:43:00 PM More reviews by snowshoe73

Not bad, not great. I got this shade even though I don't have blue eyes, but I like colored mascaras. The color of this is soft and shimmery, very nice. However, there's nothing really impressive about this mascara. Application and look aren't much different than a lot of other brands. The waterproof formula does wear well and remove fairly easily, again nothing that isn't different from other brands. The Exact Eyelights mascaras are not ever going to be a first-choice mascara, but they're not too bad in a pinch.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/20/2011 10:23:00 AM More reviews by crystalnoir

Suuuuuuper clumpy. Goes on unevenly and the bristles are terrible. Doesn't plump and it doesn't lengthen; all it does is create a huge goop of mascara on my eyelash. Avoid.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/21/2011 1:12:00 PM More reviews by CallieIsHere

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Blue

Looks like I'm the only one, as well..
Well, I loved this.. I wanted something waterproof, and this has amazing staying power. I know it's brightening my eyes, and making my lashes look longer. I like how it's not black, it's just the faintest dark navy, so it's not too heavy and still looks natural. It does become dry and rough, but that's how I like it because it holds my lashes in place. I think the brush could be a little better because of the minor clumping that sometimes happens, therefore I'll give it a 4.
Overall, I love this mascara and I will continue to use it!!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/21/2011 8:04:00 PM More reviews by karasu627

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Wow, I think I'm the only person that actually likes this product. I don't think it brightened my eyes too well, but it's a nice black shimmery mascara. My eyelashes are medium length but the are straight (downward). This mascara makes my lashes look long, full and keeps a curl .I was really satisfied with this product and will purchase again.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/15/2011 10:46:00 PM More reviews by Becky12

I understood from previous Covergirl waterproof mascaras purchases that this would truly be waterproof and a pain to take off. That didn't bother me so much since I didn't plan to wear it everyday. However, I was really dissapointed in how it just globbed on my lashes. It was like trying to spread a honey across my lashes (ok, maybe not that bad). Shows up as ultimately as a soft black- not super flattering.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/8/2011 5:41:00 PM More reviews by Pamann

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

egads no! I only wore this one day and it's a nightmare for contact lens wearers. Little pieces adhered to my lenses all day. Strangely, no undereye racoon shadow just these damn particles sprinkling themselves all day! Removal. also a PITA requiring a wash then a makeup remover application another wash and another makeup remover application. I would have no eyelashes left if I used this on a regular. No!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/6/2011 10:36:00 AM More reviews by picklemesoftly

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Do not be tempted by the pretty name, "eye brightening" and "black sapphire" - this product is HORRIBLE! Goopy and clumpy, applies like a nightmare. Simply awful, yuck.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/9/2010 9:57:00 AM More reviews by thebriggs

I wish you could notice the "eyelights" a bit more. I did notice some sparkly bits, but nothing that anyone else would see. This is absolutely the most difficult waterproof mascara I have used. I used eye makeup remover, soap, petroleum jelly, etc...and this stuff just doesn't want to come off! This is great for the 8 hours I want it to stay on, but I prefer NOT to wear my makeup to bed each night. I have to work so hard to get this stuff off that I rip out eyelashes each time. I only used this for one week, so I will try the regular, non-waterproof next....maybe.