Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear - White On

3.2

on 7/30/2015 9:39:00 AM

Negatives:
1. The texture of this nail polish is just horrid. It's thick and difficult to work with as beginning with a thin layer seems impossible due to its heavy texture.
2. For the price I am paying, it is not worth it. There are other nail polishes out there that are much better in terms of consistency such as the OPI or Revlon.

Positives:
1. The packaging is just lovely and appealing. It caters to the female eye and has a sleek modern look to it. Lid of the bottle is also a good shape and size in that it's not too big or small to handle.
2. Color range is great. The only thing that currently attracts me to Sally Hansen at the moment is the colors they have available. Great range that really appeals for all kinds of skin tones.

I would not repurchase.

on 7/5/2015 7:02:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is an opaque, bright white, flattering if you're in the mood for that type of look. Applied quickly two coats, no base or top coat, slept, spent a day at the beach, no complaints so far.

Application slightly difficult as with all pale opaque polishes. Watch for streaks, fix before drying. Easy enough.

on 7/13/2014 11:58:00 PM

Absolutely the most dreadful polish I've ever bought. I've used other colours from the Xtreme Wear line and have found great results, but this one is just the worst. Disgustingly thick and gloopy, goes on basically like the liquid paper that you get from an office supply store. Not too much smell to it, but even with overnight drying, it DOES NOT DRY, smudges very easily. The only pro is that the colour is somewhat vibrant, but only with extreme touching up and layering (and attempting to not streak up your nails horribly.) This is not what I usually expect from a SH product, and I would definitely not purchase this bottle again.

on 6/16/2014 8:34:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

The formula for this polish is the worst. Really thick and goopy, but still manages to pool like water in your cuticles if you go anywhere near them. And wait until it's totally dry to try to fix any mistakes. Touching this polish when it's still wet will result in stretchy strings of nail polish sticking to your fingers.

At least the polish isn't too streaky, and it is opaque in two somewhat thicky, goopy coats. I used Seche Vite on top to dry it asap and not risk having it stick to anything.

on 5/10/2014 10:36:00 AM

I am very surprised for the bad reviews. I use this for a French manicure and it looks amazing. Great white, good pigment. Easy to apply for an affordable price. I was hesistant at first to buy this for that kind of manicure, because I heard the good one was Essie marshmallow, could not find it anywhere, glad I bought this.

on 5/4/2014 6:55:00 PM

Absolute Crap!!!!!!! It is soooooo thick and goopy it's like snot. I like others from the extreme wear line especially Lacey lilac . I am so disappointed :(

on 3/23/2014 4:44:00 PM

I surprisingly like the. Xtreme line of SH. This is my least favorite as I was mainly looking for a cheap polish to go under neons, but even after drying overnight and using two different brands of neon nail polish, the white smudged underneath upon application. Sure it's white but I'm unhappy with the streaky, goofy application.

on 1/27/2014 6:46:00 PM

This product is so thick that it's ridiculous, along with most of the other Xtreme wear polishes

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

I absolutely hate this stuff, which has never happened to me before with Sally Hansen. All of their products I usually love, but whatever they did with this particular polish is just wrong.

It's extremely streaky. I've tried thicker coats, also thinner coats with layers.. but ultimately it just ends up streaky and doesn't look good. I only paid about $2.50 (at Walmart) so I'm not out much $$$, but still... don't waste your money on this. I wouldn't say buy a different brand (because 99% of the time Sally Hansen is great), just don't buy the 'Xtreme Wear'.

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

Living in Australia, not all products are available here; which can be very frustrating. However, having needing a white polish, it was great to find Sally Hansen's White On. This polish was my first product from Sally Hansen.
The formula went on quite smoothly, the colour was opaque (bonus) and I needed only 2 coats. However, the brush is a downfall; the 'square' shaped brush made it hard to cover the curved nail and it took time for me to get the hang of it. Albeit the brush made it difficult to paint the nail, it is the perfect brush for French manicures!
People have stated that Sally Hansen's polishes start to thicken quite quickly and in this occasion, it has.
Overall, it is an alright product.

Popular Polishes