September 2, 2014 | 1981 users online

Polishes - Sally Hansen - Xtreme Wear - White On

rated 1 of 5 on 7/13/2014 11:58:00 PM More reviews by dizzydollie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Absolutely the most dreadful polish I've ever bought. I've used other colours from the Xtreme Wear line and have found great results, but this one is just the worst. Disgustingly thick and gloopy, goes on basically like the liquid paper that you get from an office supply store. Not too much smell to it, but even with overnight drying, it DOES NOT DRY, smudges very easily. The only pro is that the colour is somewhat vibrant, but only with extreme touching up and layering (and attempting to not streak up your nails horribly.) This is not what I usually expect from a SH product, and I would definitely not purchase this bottle again.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/16/2014 8:34:00 PM More reviews by sunshowers

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The formula for this polish is the worst. Really thick and goopy, but still manages to pool like water in your cuticles if you go anywhere near them. And wait until it's totally dry to try to fix any mistakes. Touching this polish when it's still wet will result in stretchy strings of nail polish sticking to your fingers.

At least the polish isn't too streaky, and it is opaque in two somewhat thicky, goopy coats. I used Seche Vite on top to dry it asap and not risk having it stick to anything.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/10/2014 10:36:00 AM More reviews by shalie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am very surprised for the bad reviews. I use this for a French manicure and it looks amazing. Great white, good pigment. Easy to apply for an affordable price. I was hesistant at first to buy this for that kind of manicure, because I heard the good one was Essie marshmallow, could not find it anywhere, glad I bought this.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/4/2014 6:55:00 PM More reviews by Rosefairyj

Absolute Crap!!!!!!! It is soooooo thick and goopy it's like snot. I like others from the extreme wear line especially Lacey lilac . I am so disappointed :(

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 3/23/2014 4:44:00 PM More reviews by Midtownmagic

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I surprisingly like the. Xtreme line of SH. This is my least favorite as I was mainly looking for a cheap polish to go under neons, but even after drying overnight and using two different brands of neon nail polish, the white smudged underneath upon application. Sure it's white but I'm unhappy with the streaky, goofy application.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/27/2014 6:46:00 PM More reviews by diamandis

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This product is so thick that it's ridiculous, along with most of the other Xtreme wear polishes

rated 1 of 5 on 1/19/2014 1:40:00 PM More reviews by NoSugarCoating

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Green

I absolutely hate this stuff, which has never happened to me before with Sally Hansen. All of their products I usually love, but whatever they did with this particular polish is just wrong.

It's extremely streaky. I've tried thicker coats, also thinner coats with layers.. but ultimately it just ends up streaky and doesn't look good. I only paid about $2.50 (at Walmart) so I'm not out much $$$, but still... don't waste your money on this. I wouldn't say buy a different brand (because 99% of the time Sally Hansen is great), just don't buy the 'Xtreme Wear'.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/17/2013 12:11:00 AM More reviews by glowinglightness

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Living in Australia, not all products are available here; which can be very frustrating. However, having needing a white polish, it was great to find Sally Hansen's White On. This polish was my first product from Sally Hansen.
The formula went on quite smoothly, the colour was opaque (bonus) and I needed only 2 coats. However, the brush is a downfall; the 'square' shaped brush made it hard to cover the curved nail and it took time for me to get the hang of it. Albeit the brush made it difficult to paint the nail, it is the perfect brush for French manicures!
People have stated that Sally Hansen's polishes start to thicken quite quickly and in this occasion, it has.
Overall, it is an alright product.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/22/2013 4:28:00 PM More reviews by missxcindii

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I actually lost the first bottle and immediately had to go out and buy another. I love white nails. And since it's a "trend" now I'm gonna wear it till I get bored of it. This color is literally on my nails every other manicure. It's opaque. It's creamy. It's not as dry as other white nail polishes I've tried. I can see why this wouldn't be the best for doing French nails though. But since I like my nails rather on the short side this is not an issue for me.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/22/2013 1:09:00 AM More reviews by keiki300

i have tried every white polish out there from cheap to very expensive. they are all either too sheer and need many coats or they are too thick and streaky. this one is a little bit streaky on the first coat but the second coat makes it the most perfect white out there. even the OPI white was only good for tips not all over color. anyway for a few dollars i love this white. finally i found one.