April 20, 2014 | 1640 users online

Polishes - Sally Hansen - Xtreme Wear - White On

• Price: $

rated 3 of 5 on 3/23/2014 4:44:00 PM More reviews by Midtownmagic

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I surprisingly like the. Xtreme line of SH. This is my least favorite as I was mainly looking for a cheap polish to go under neons, but even after drying overnight and using two different brands of neon nail polish, the white smudged underneath upon application. Sure it's white but I'm unhappy with the streaky, goofy application.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/27/2014 6:46:00 PM More reviews by diamandis

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This product is so thick that it's ridiculous, along with most of the other Xtreme wear polishes

rated 1 of 5 on 1/19/2014 1:40:00 PM More reviews by NoSugarCoating

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Green

I absolutely hate this stuff, which has never happened to me before with Sally Hansen. All of their products I usually love, but whatever they did with this particular polish is just wrong.

It's extremely streaky. I've tried thicker coats, also thinner coats with layers.. but ultimately it just ends up streaky and doesn't look good. I only paid about $2.50 (at Walmart) so I'm not out much $$$, but still... don't waste your money on this. I wouldn't say buy a different brand (because 99% of the time Sally Hansen is great), just don't buy the 'Xtreme Wear'.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/17/2013 12:11:00 AM More reviews by glowinglightness

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Living in Australia, not all products are available here; which can be very frustrating. However, having needing a white polish, it was great to find Sally Hansen's White On. This polish was my first product from Sally Hansen.
The formula went on quite smoothly, the colour was opaque (bonus) and I needed only 2 coats. However, the brush is a downfall; the 'square' shaped brush made it hard to cover the curved nail and it took time for me to get the hang of it. Albeit the brush made it difficult to paint the nail, it is the perfect brush for French manicures!
People have stated that Sally Hansen's polishes start to thicken quite quickly and in this occasion, it has.
Overall, it is an alright product.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/22/2013 4:28:00 PM More reviews by missxcindii

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I actually lost the first bottle and immediately had to go out and buy another. I love white nails. And since it's a "trend" now I'm gonna wear it till I get bored of it. This color is literally on my nails every other manicure. It's opaque. It's creamy. It's not as dry as other white nail polishes I've tried. I can see why this wouldn't be the best for doing French nails though. But since I like my nails rather on the short side this is not an issue for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/22/2013 1:09:00 AM More reviews by keiki300

i have tried every white polish out there from cheap to very expensive. they are all either too sheer and need many coats or they are too thick and streaky. this one is a little bit streaky on the first coat but the second coat makes it the most perfect white out there. even the OPI white was only good for tips not all over color. anyway for a few dollars i love this white. finally i found one.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/30/2013 8:49:00 PM More reviews by whitelace6

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is a stark white creme polish that dries to a medium gloss. Being streaky, 3 coats are needed to even out the color. Two coats are adequate if you're topping with glitter or a SH Fuzzy Coat. Be sure to let this dry well in between coats or it will be gummy; it takes a long time to dry. This is my first white polish so I have nothing to compare it to. I put 2 coats of SH Wool Knot (Fuzzy Coat) on top. It's the turquoise & white bar glitter, which looks great over this white. So far so good.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/28/2013 2:04:00 AM More reviews by emmabraids

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I brought this after running out of revlon's white on white polish.
I've nearly emptied this bottle and have had to thin it out a lot of times in only a few months. The Polish is super white but one coat doesn't do it! It's ugly and streaky and takes forever to dry if I'm not *really* careful to apply it thinly. On the positive, it is "xtreme wear" because I can be down mucking out stables and riding horses without gloves and not have to re apply before going out!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/27/2013 1:32:00 PM More reviews by SeraBenoit

I'm surprised by the bad reviews on this site. This nail polish is absolutely amazing! Two coats and it's completely opaque on my nails. Paired with OPI's drip dry, I have a finished manicure in 15 minutes. Its staying power is incredible, I've worn this colour for a week straight before with no chipping. It makes your hands look really clean and polished. Highly recommend!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/11/2013 8:03:00 PM More reviews by CordulaM

I bought this on recommendation, and its is very thick and white, but it's bit too thick. You still need more than one coat. I can thin it out, and it is cheap, but it's not the best. It's ok.