January 31, 2015 | 2108 users online

Polishes - Sally Hansen - Complete Salon Manicure Nail Polish

rated 5 of 5 on 1/12/2015 9:16:00 AM More reviews by m2d2c

These polishes are great. They last a really long time, usually 5 to 7 days for me. The brush is nice, flat and big so it makes it easier to apply the polish. I bought them while I was in Germany, they sell for around 9 there which is a bit pricey but I'm willing to pay because of the quality. So far I have 620 Wine not (beautiful dark red), 660 Pat on the back (dark purple, looks like it's completely black at night) and 565 Aria red-y? (my favorite so far). Another great thing about these polishes is that all three I own look different depending on the number of coats applied. So it's kinda like owning six polishes instead of three :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/30/2014 9:31:00 AM More reviews by OMGURTEEF

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have this in Mudslide (already reviewed) and Shoot the Moon, and I really love these polishes. Since I've already reviewed Mudslide, I'll focus on Shoot the Moon.
Around Christmas, a friend of mine posted a photo on Instagram in which she was wearing Essie's Jiggle High Jiggle Lo (what kind of name is that?!), and I loved the color. However, I'm not one for wearing Essie's opaque polishes, since they chip mercilessly on me. I did remember that I had what I thought was a similar color in my stash - Shoot the Moon. Similar it is indeed! This shade, like JHJL, is a gorgeous warm silver. It's got a gold sheen to it, but the main color is more silver toned, if that makes sense. It's really unique in that it can go with any outfit without clashing.
I like the staying power of this particular range of polishes, which is saying a lot, since most polishes chip like crazy on my nails. Consistency is good, as it's not too thick, but not so thin that it ends up being sheer. Two coats will do ya.
The packaging is good - bulky, but functional, and the wide brush isn't *too wide, so it makes application a breeze.
These are about the same price as Essie polishes, so they are quite affordable.
All in all, a great polish!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/20/2014 4:15:00 PM More reviews by Laura2121

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my absolute favorite nail polish line. I am absolutely obsessed with my nail and a real perfectionist when it comes to them. And so far this is by far the best nail polish I've had. I love the color range, and how every color looks just so rich!
Also very easy application, super shiny and relatively long lasting. Definitely give this a try

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/11/2014 11:36:00 AM More reviews by tori497

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is by far my favorite, high-end drugstore nail polish!

My first purchase of this brand was done on an impulse. I found Parchment, a pearly white shade, in the clearance bin for $2 so I decided to give it a shot. The color is so much prettier on than in the bottle. Even though it is a sheer shade, it doesn't streak and gives me 3 days, at least, without chipping. I decided because I loved this shade so much, I would try others. I have yet to find a dud in the bunch.

I recently came across Dark Huemoor, a dark navy shade, and did not hesitate to purchase, despite the $7 price tag. It was my first foray into the deepest shades of the brand and I am equally pleased with it as the others. I also have Fired Up, a warm, corally red and Right Said Red, a deeper, lipstick red. As far as color payoff, I prefer Fired Up; I can get a super opaque result with only two coats. Right Said Red does not begin to match the color in the bottle for three coats, minimum. The darker shades will be a little tougher to get off the skin around the nails, if not cleaned up pretty quickly. I find this true of all dark polishes though.

I love the bottle and the wide brush. I can get both hands done pretty quickly and the drying time is on par with other polishes. I will have minimal wear on the nail tips, which I find normal and more noticeable with the darker shades. I use Seche Vite top coat and can go 5 days with negligible chipping. I also don't find this formula to be as drying as others and it helps my nails grow longer than when they are bare, which is true of most polishes, but few leave my nails in as good a condition after.

I will say the quality of the product depends on where you buy it. The longer it's been sitting on the shelves and opened and closed, the thicker it will be. (As a side note, I definitely recommend having a polish thinner in your manicure arsenal. It will extend the life of all your polishes and won't cause separation the way nail polish remover does.) The shade selection is great and lately it's been on sale, buy one get one 50% off. This is my absolute favorite "splurge" nail polish!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/7/2014 8:52:00 PM More reviews by Meech25

5 reasons why i love this nail polish:

1- Easy to apply (has large applicator brush)
2- Two coats is all you need. (I topped mine off with Essie go to go top coat so it would dry faster)
3- Did not chip until 4th day which is how long a salon manicure lasts on me.
4- Tons of color choices
5- Cheaper than a salon manicure

rated 1 of 5 on 11/6/2014 12:39:00 PM More reviews by islanders

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This was so easy to apply. Loved the color, Please Sea Me. But...it did chip within 2 days AND, when I removed it, my nails and fingers were BLUE!! I can't get it off! I have a parent meeting in a bit, and I have blue fingers!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/6/2014 5:34:00 PM More reviews by Simpliciti3

Love this nail polish line! Definitely one of my favorite lines from Sally Hansen. This line is one of the few drugstore brand lines that has a really nice range of neutral shades. It also has some nice dark and colorful shades as well!

The packaging is really nice, looks expensive and very substantial. The brush is wide and curved. For someone like me who isn't the best with applying on nail polish, it makes for a very easy application although some of you who prefer the common thin nail brush might hate it.

The formula is fantastic! With the lighter shades, you will find some streaking, but with 3-4 coats it won't be noticeable anymore. The nail polish lasts on the nails for a good amount of time, maybe 4-7 days before chipping occurs. I do use this with a base coat and sometimes with a top coat, I find that a top coat isn't necessary to prolong the wear of the nail polish.

I have an issue with brittle nails that break easily and this nail polish formula doesn't make it worse :D. I find that some nail polish formulas are just way too harsh for my nails and this one isn't one of them.

Overall, love this line! Great selection of shades, a bit expensive but you can always find Sally Hansen nail polish on sale. Easy to find in stores. Definitely recommend :)

rated 5 of 5 on 8/3/2014 3:29:00 PM More reviews by rvbolorin

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have been using this nail polish for several years, but I like to change colors and there was not so much variety. After several months wandering and using many different brands (I tried several colors of Essie and Opi, which I hated due to they chip even the same day), and trying expensive ones like Ciate (very good), $1 cheap drugstore brands and supposely long lasting brands (CND vinylux), I went back to Sally Hansen complete manicure nail polish. They now have new colors and is so good that I do not have to apply base and top coat separately. And it lasts longer than all the other ones I tried.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/28/2014 9:55:00 AM More reviews by pandasteaks

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I am a nail polish collector and fiend. I am also the laziest person on the planet. Finding a base/topcoat/polish in one bottle is like finding the holy grail! I have several colors in this line - my go-to is Red My Lips, an opaque, classy and sexy red. Big fan of Barracuda when I tire of red, with some other pinks/reds/neutrals in between. I am prone to buying opaques and bright opaques with a shimmer, so coverage has never been an issue for me with this line, 2-3 coats does it for me and I could get away with 1 if pressed for time due to the heavy pigmentation in the colors. The brush is wide, short and flat - you either love it or hate it. I love it, but I'm also an old hand (ha!) at polish application. Great formula, great variety, same price as OPI and Essie, perfect for the lazy beauty buff!

rated 1 of 5 on 7/20/2014 12:10:00 PM More reviews by Donnie130

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I love Sally Hansen hard as nails polish. I have been a customer for 30 years. I have always loved their hard as nails formula.
I saw this polish, Debut--tint, it is a creamy white polish with some gold sparkly glints (not glitter) in it. I thought it was beautiful. I liked the brush and while it is true it is translucent and streaks, as you add more polish it looks really nice.

The problem is that it doesn't last very long. Within a day or two it is wearing off, and chipping.

I could put up with that and did for a very long time. Then I noticed that something was wrong with my nails. The gold glint is very hard to take off of my nails. Even if I use a base coat or two, the gold is still showing up on my nails along with some type of coating that is hard to remove. Now my nails look very damaged.
I am going to back to the hard as nails.
Then the condition of my nails got really bad with peeling, breaking, etc. They look so bad I have purchased a camoflauge polish from Barielle to cover them til they grow out.

At first I thought it was the OPI polish, then I realized that it was the Sally Hansen, my favorite brand of polish. I don't know what is in it but what ever it is is killing my nails.

I know this won't happen to everyone, we are all different but I do wonder what is in this polish that is bothering me so much.