NYX Slim Lip Pencil - Hot Red 817

4.3

on 7/20/2015 12:18:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

This is the first, and only lip liner, that I have so this review may be biased. But I do like this product. I'm not really sure how to review a lip liner, but here it goes, short and sweet.

I use this to line and fill my lips, it's nice and smooth, and I've never had an issue with smudging. It makes my lips feel super dry after applying so I always moisturise my lips a bit beforehand, and then wipe it off.

This lip liner lasts really long for me, and it holds my lipstick in place really well. I'm always worried about eating and drinking, but my lipstick stays perfect for a couple of hours (maybe about 4-5) before i need to touch up.

I bought mine off ebay, and I think it was about $8, I can't quite remember, but this is a great product and goes well with any bright red lips, possibly even darker reds.

Great shade of red, glides on smooth, stays put, lasts hours, and can be worn all over lips as a matte look or can be applied as a lipstick/gloss base. I usually pair this with my NYX round lipstick in Chaos for a bright hot pink/red lip that pops against my fair skin.

These lip liners are amazing. I love this classic shade of red and the texture and quality of this product is outstanding. Excellent staying power, doesn't smear or smudge, looks great when worn alone and also does well with lipstick over top.

on 4/2/2014 9:48:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Matches perfectly.

Kept my Ruby Woo lipstick on ALL DAY. No fading or drying NOTHING. I don't know if the lip pencil prevents your lips from drying out somehow but this is the first time Ruby Woo didn't dry me out and I didn't put any moisturizer on my lips before. Crazy! Love it.

on 11/30/2013 10:18:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I like this lip liner! The red is really bright & I love how easy it is to draw on my lips. It's the first ever lipliner I've used, so I can't make any comparisons. However, I do think that it lasts very long. I would definitely love to buy it again, but unfortunately it is not sold where I live. I managed to get this at a make up atrium sale.. Hopefully it'll come back soon. When it does, I'll definitely stock up in other colours as well!!

on 6/19/2013 6:59:00 AM

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

This is a perfect bright ever-so-slightly bluish red. The formula keeps even my creamiest red lipsticks from any feathering or bleeding at all (I usually wear it with Lime Crime Retrofuturist, and it stays right where it should), and is nice and color-saturated. It goes on really easily too. At this price, it's a no-brainer - it's my new favorite lipliner.

on 5/5/2013 11:50:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

This pencil goes on pretty well. It's smooth, but I've definatley had smoother, but hey it was $2! The color is good as well. I'm going to keep buying this, until I find a cheaper better one, which I doubt!(: I use this which Kat Von D's out law, and I get an intense red color on my lips!

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I've just started wearing red lips recently and I found this liner at my local beauty supply store and loved it! It glides on smooth and the color last pretty long. This color really complemented my skin.

on 10/18/2012 12:40:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is a flattering shade of red. It reminds me of a cherry color and I think it would look good on any skin tone actually. I have light skin and this doesn't look drastic on me. Very easy to line lips with and fill in. Goes on smoothly and lasts awhile. I actually just use this just to fill in my lips sometimes and apply some lip balm on top and it looks great. This also doesn't dry out my lips which is a shocker to me because a lot of lip liners and lip sticks do. I said yes I would purchase this product again because most likely I will, but I also put yes because I'm interested in purchasing more lip liners from this brand. They have nice colors.

on 4/12/2012 7:17:00 PM

This lipliner is a bright red color. It makes my red lipstick look so much better on my lips. I feel like when i wear this with my red lipstick, i don't have those wrinkles in my lips. I just wish that this pencil was a little bit creamier.

Popular Lip Liners