NYX Slim Lip Pencil - Hot Red 817

4.2

Great shade of red, glides on smooth, stays put, lasts hours, and can be worn all over lips as a matte look or can be applied as a lipstick/gloss base. I usually pair this with my NYX round lipstick in Chaos for a bright hot pink/red lip that pops against my fair skin.

These lip liners are amazing. I love this classic shade of red and the texture and quality of this product is outstanding. Excellent staying power, doesn't smear or smudge, looks great when worn alone and also does well with lipstick over top.

on 4/2/2014 9:48:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Matches perfectly.

Kept my Ruby Woo lipstick on ALL DAY. No fading or drying NOTHING. I don't know if the lip pencil prevents your lips from drying out somehow but this is the first time Ruby Woo didn't dry me out and I didn't put any moisturizer on my lips before. Crazy! Love it.

on 11/30/2013 10:18:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I like this lip liner! The red is really bright & I love how easy it is to draw on my lips. It's the first ever lipliner I've used, so I can't make any comparisons. However, I do think that it lasts very long. I would definitely love to buy it again, but unfortunately it is not sold where I live. I managed to get this at a make up atrium sale.. Hopefully it'll come back soon. When it does, I'll definitely stock up in other colours as well!!

on 6/19/2013 6:59:00 AM

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

This is a perfect bright ever-so-slightly bluish red. The formula keeps even my creamiest red lipsticks from any feathering or bleeding at all (I usually wear it with Lime Crime Retrofuturist, and it stays right where it should), and is nice and color-saturated. It goes on really easily too. At this price, it's a no-brainer - it's my new favorite lipliner.

on 5/5/2013 11:50:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

This pencil goes on pretty well. It's smooth, but I've definatley had smoother, but hey it was $2! The color is good as well. I'm going to keep buying this, until I find a cheaper better one, which I doubt!(: I use this which Kat Von D's out law, and I get an intense red color on my lips!

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I've just started wearing red lips recently and I found this liner at my local beauty supply store and loved it! It glides on smooth and the color last pretty long. This color really complemented my skin.

on 10/18/2012 12:40:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is a flattering shade of red. It reminds me of a cherry color and I think it would look good on any skin tone actually. I have light skin and this doesn't look drastic on me. Very easy to line lips with and fill in. Goes on smoothly and lasts awhile. I actually just use this just to fill in my lips sometimes and apply some lip balm on top and it looks great. This also doesn't dry out my lips which is a shocker to me because a lot of lip liners and lip sticks do. I said yes I would purchase this product again because most likely I will, but I also put yes because I'm interested in purchasing more lip liners from this brand. They have nice colors.

on 4/12/2012 7:17:00 PM

This lipliner is a bright red color. It makes my red lipstick look so much better on my lips. I feel like when i wear this with my red lipstick, i don't have those wrinkles in my lips. I just wish that this pencil was a little bit creamier.

on 4/3/2012 2:36:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Other, Fine

I really liked the lipliner. It was very soft and easy to work with. The color worked with a lot of my red lipsticks. I thought the product was comparable to my MAC lipliner at a fraction of the cost. The only con that I had was that it was a bit delicate and tended to crumble easily.

Popular Lip Liners